The T-Wolf Is Ok But Is To Fast !

119 replies to this topic

#1 Haxburch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 206 posts
  • LocationGermany / Düsseldorf

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:53 PM

89 kmh for Hvy Mech is balance breaking.    
This Mech makes medium obsolete . T-wolf should masterd not be faster then  79 km/h .  
Would be faster then 90% of any IS Hvy mech.  
Takes a bit mobility away but not to much.  
Would help the Sumoner , since the Sumoner has no own special to offer and not the same firepower.

#2 SirLANsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

and how would they go about doing this?

Its the eng that it has that makes it go that fast, and if you want to talk about fixing it, I would take it up with FASA who originally made the mech.

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

sommoner is junk more then ever now. With the jj nerf its a worthless lrm support at best. Slowing down the timber isn't going to make it better.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 27 July 2014 - 12:07 AM.

#4 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

Lets also be rid of the 2x Basic'd and Elite Mech Efficiencies, and lets see now mechs feel afterwards (don't minded including the Master Slot, with the nearby Module Slot System changes)!

#5 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:14 AM

I have the solution -

Let players change the engine size. They'll almost always pick something smaller! Then let them remove FF for the tonnage gain.

That would be PERFECT!

#6 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

I'll agree it's fast... weirdly fast. Not sure how to go about fixing it though, or even if it needs fixing. It's easily my best performing 'Mech, and a brawler build with 4xsrm6 and lbx20 is absolutely brutal.

#7 Haxburch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:17 AM

View PostSirLANsalot, on 27 July 2014 - 12:04 AM, said:

and how would they go about doing this?

Its the eng that it has that makes it go that fast, and if you want to talk about fixing it, I would take it up with FASA who originally made the mech.
I dont care what FASA says or Lore , in this game the T-Wolf is to fast. There is no reason to play any other mech . 79 Kmh would not be so bad its still dam fast for this firepower. Its still a Clan.Would not really hurt the mech !But the Sumoner would come to a bit better view then. And mediums would also look a bit better.For now the T-wolf is the best medium , the best hvy , even the best assault ... This is bullshit

#8 l33tworks

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

View PostHaxburch, on 27 July 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

I dont care what FASA says or Lore , in this game the T-Wolf is to fast. There is no reason to play any other mech . 79 Kmh would not be so bad its still dam fast for this firepower. Its still a Clan.Would not really hurt the mech !But the Sumoner would come to a bit better view then. And mediums would also look a bit better.For now the T-wolf is the best medium , the best hvy , even the best assault ... This is bullshit

I've killed a timberwolf before....once....while it was powered down.....missing a leg.....with cored internals.....once....

#9 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

Don't nerf stuff. The fix is not making the funnest mech in the game less fun so other stuff, which sucks, doesn't seem so bad, because it only sucks a bit less than this other thing.

That's what has in some ways ruined the IS mechs. Many of the are just garbage. In game to mock you sort of garbage. Useless, flat out inherently inferior regardless of meta. In order to make them 'better'.... they worked to make everything else worse. So you've got a tiny handful of viable mechs, each generally with 1 decent chassis and 2 or more that are intentionally terrible to force people to pilot a garbage mech to unlock double basics on the good one.

That idea needs burned in a fire.

Buff the Summoner. Give it better JJ performance - put it back where it was. WIth the new nerfs that'll make it like a Veritech by comparison.

We need to quit looking at the solution as 'Hey, X sucks. We should make other stuff suck that much. That's balanced!'

How about instead you go 'X is fun. Y sucks. We should make Y more like X.'

THAT is balanced.

View Postl33tworks, on 27 July 2014 - 12:21 AM, said:

I've killed a timberwolf before....once....while it was powered down.....missing a leg.....with cored internals.....once....

I literally won a 1 on 1 fight earlier tonight because of my massive epeen just from piloting a TW. Everyone would tell you that it was a pillar on Terra Therma that blocked the killing shot, giving me a split second to kill my opponent before he killed me....

but it was my epeen. IT HOLDS UP VOLCANOS. That's how awesome the TW is.

#10 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

View PostHaxburch, on 27 July 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

I dont care what FASA says or Lore

Then go play a different game.

#11 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:28 AM

Pretty much what Mischief said. Too much focus is on making something less functional, where more needs to be on making other 'Mechs better. Doubly so for my Hunchback. It'd be so much more effective it it has extra quirks for its hunch.

#12 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 27 July 2014 - 12:13 AM, said:

Lets also be rid of the 2x Basic'd and Elite Mech Efficiencies, and lets see now mechs feel afterwards (don't minded including the Master Slot, with the nearby Module Slot System changes)!

Lets remove the need to Basic 3 mechs to elite 1....

So what if I wanna spend my entire Battlemech career in one version of one mech.....why cant I spend all my time and effort to making that one mech bad as hell, L2P like a pro and curb stomp everyone? Ofc, im not curb stomping. but still....

View PostMonkey Lover, on 27 July 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

sommoner is junk more then ever now. With the jj nerf its a worthless lrm support at best. Slowing down the timber isn't going to make it better.

Yeah, Summoner is a loadout nightmare....I play with it in Smurfy, but nothing I can come up with would I even dare to even think about taking into battle...none of the loadouts seem even remotely scary...

#13 Haxburch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 27 July 2014 - 12:23 AM, said:

Don't nerf stuff. The fix is not making the funnest mech in the game less fun so other stuff, which sucks, doesn't seem so bad, because it only sucks a bit less than this other thing.
That's what has in some ways ruined the IS mechs. Many of the are just garbage. In game to mock you sort of garbage. Useless, flat out inherently inferior regardless of meta. In order to make them 'better'.... they worked to make everything else worse. So you've got a tiny handful of viable mechs, each generally with 1 decent chassis and 2 or more that are intentionally terrible to force people to pilot a garbage mech to unlock double basics on the good one.

That idea needs burned in a fire.

Buff the Summoner. Give it better JJ performance - put it back where it was. WIth the new nerfs that'll make it like a Veritech by comparison.

We need to quit looking at the solution as 'Hey, X sucks. We should make other stuff suck that much. That's balanced!'

How about instead you go 'X is fun. Y sucks. We should make Y more like X.'

THAT is balanced.

I literally won a 1 on 1 fight earlier tonight because of my massive epeen just from piloting a TW. Everyone would tell you that it was a pillar on Terra Therma that blocked the killing shot, giving me a split second to kill my opponent before he killed me....

but it was my epeen. IT HOLDS UP VOLCANOS. That's how awesome the TW is.
OK if you not want to give up ongly 10 kmh ! wich is nothing !!!   How about we give all the IS mechs Clan XL reactors !   This is your idea ... make things better.Give up 10 kmh ongly 10 kmh is not a nerf! its just a bit of balance and ther are ******* alot people wich want to really nerf Clans! Look in this forum ... we need to talk about some issues and the T-wolf is one. I pilot clans my self , i play also still IS mechs and i say 10kmh is nothing and would help , Sumoner and IS mediums

Edited by Haxburch, 27 July 2014 - 12:35 AM.

#14 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

View PostHaxburch, on 27 July 2014 - 12:30 AM, said:

OK if you not want to give up ongly 10 kmh ! wich is nothing !!! How about we give all the IS mechs Clan XL reactors ! This is your idea ... make things better.Give up 10 kmh ongly 10 kmh is not a nerf! its just a bit of balance and ther are ******* alot people wich want to really nerf Clans! Look in this forum ... we need to talk about some issues and the T-wolf is one. I pilot clans my self , i play also still IS mechs and i say 10kmh is nothing and would help , Sumoner and IS mediums

So let's pretend BT rules and lore aren't a factor.

This game uses a fixed set of rules to determine mech performance based on what size engine it runs (ex: XL___ gives you ___ twist speed). Now, with those rules in place, it's bad practice to break those rules for only certain mechs.

That's like having a FPS game where each bullet does the same damage (fixed rule), yet making the machine gun bullets do less damage just because they fire faster, thus defeating the whole purpose of the gun's faster rate of fire in the first place.

The Victor needs to have its agility put back to its pre-nerf values, and PGI needs to stop breaking their own game rules for specific mechs instead of fixing the game rules if there's a problem.

In other words, if engine rating is a problem with overall speed, they should either give the Timberwolf a lower rated engine, or change ALL the mechs together.

#15 Haxburch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

IT is not worth TO USE ANY OTHER MECH then T-WOLF !!!
Is the best Medium , the best Hvy and even the best Assault ! The all in one WONDER ! even ligths have problems against the agility and turnspeed .
Are you so ignorant... ?
I dont wanne hear ... yada yada blabla i want some solution !
This dam mech has to give up some to make other mechs classes worth playing.
Some indicator should be there are evryday more T-wolfs , close to 6 T-wolfs evry match.

Edited by Haxburch, 27 July 2014 - 01:37 AM.

#16 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

If you put an XL300 in it you'd get an extra 11 tons of weapons. It would be slower (64.8/71.3), but it could actually be even more powerful than it is. XL engines are balanced by dying on loss of a side torso, if clans died when losing a side torso, it would almost be an even fight. (They still would have better weapons)

#17 WildeKarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

Well you could put a 375xl into an orion and it would also go the same speed, doesn't the dragons with 300 engines hit 89kph as well?

What would be next from this? Assault no more than 50kph, hvy 60kph and medium 70kph - let lights do 90kph - everyone is too fast so let slow it down :) :)

#18 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:43 AM

View PostAresye, on 27 July 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

Then go play a different game.

PGI doesn't care about FASA or lore either.

That's why we have abominable implementations like 1.4 DHS and ECM.

#19 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:55 AM

A Victor can go the same speed. Not really that game breaking.

#20 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:58 AM

View PostHaxburch, on 27 July 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

I dont wanne hear ... yada yada blabla i want some solution !

Play another game. Problem solved for everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users