#121 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

View PostInspectorG, on 05 August 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

I agree with the armor idea, some chassis were designed not to run full armor.

So non-ultra clan ACs jam? I was wondering why sometimes not all the shots come out. I thought it was a glitch.

Thanks! :(

They're not supposed to jam. Just the Ultras (everything up until the end there about ghost heat had been about Ultra autocannons). However they are buggy.

Non-ultra autocannons can jam in fluff or Advanced rules only. But they do not (or are not supposed to) jam in MWO or regular tabletop.

Example: Victors cannot properly reload their Pontiac 100 (it's a magazine fed burst fire) AC/20 when they lose their left arm. Therefore they must use the secondary feed, which does occasionally have an issue.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 05 August 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#122 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostKoniving, on 05 August 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

And there's a specific thing about Kurita that taints their precious Jenners. The Kentares Massacre. That'll make you feel better when you get shafted for your pay.

Not seeing the connection between Jenners and the massacre.....or are you just saying Jenners are Kurita mechs so guilt by association?

#123 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 09 August 2014 - 07:22 AM, said:

Not seeing the connection between Jenners and the massacre.....or are you just saying Jenners are Kurita mechs so guilt by association?

In the actual story, most of the mechs patrolling the streets, destroying homes, civilian cars, etc, are Jenners.
Specifically Jenners clad in Crimson and Void (red and black).

Most forces are made of 60% or more lights, x mediums, with the lowest percentages being heavies and assaults. Except for Steiners and Davions. Davions have higher mediums and heavies. Steiners have somewhere around 35 to 40% assaults (the highest of any faction).

For the Kurita, that's pretty much Jenners.

Mariks make their own exception. I swear most of their fighting forces are actually tanks, at least from what I've read so far. Though tanks are seriously nasty.

#124 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

View PostZoddom, on 28 July 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

so wheres the point in playing against a 12 player clan mech team with my K2 then?
its ridiculous to get taken down in literally 2 seconds at whatever distance by whatever clan-op-weapon.
they are jsut seriously overpowered, there is absolutely no use in using innersphere mechs right now.

Last night, I did a peek to try to shoot someone with my Thunderbolt - over-committed to the peek, found 8 opponents at once, and was non-viable in just 3 seconds... dead very soon after that.

Being that people are especially focused on the Steiner Challenge right now, none of them was a Clanner that I saw. They were definitely IS, things like Awesomes and Stalkers and Cataphracts and Shadow Hawks, all focusing me down and punishing my mistake...

...as is the natural order of things. Breathe deeply, learn from that drop, and try something else in the next.

#125 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 09 August 2014 - 07:22 AM, said:

The jenner was the mech that carried most of the killing in that massacre.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Jenner

It's explained in that page.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 09 August 2014 - 08:17 AM.

#126 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostKoniving, on 09 August 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Most forces are made of 60% or more lights, x mediums, with the lowest percentages being heavies and assaults. Except for Steiners and Davions. Davions have higher mediums and heavies. Steiners have somewhere around 35 to 40% assaults (the highest of any faction).

A correction, Kon. Most Inner Sphere forces have more mediums than lights. Liao, Davion, Marik, and Steiner all have a higher percentage of medium than light 'mechs. See this post. The only outliers in terms of medium and light 'mechs are Kurita (not Davion) and Steiner.

Whereas Steiner is well-known for being a bunch of 'mech-size queens, Kurita is known for having a lower ratio of mediums than other factions. They consider them redundant. Lights and heavies are their go-to 'mechs. The only reason they really have mediums at all is because of how easy they are to acquire, being the most widely-produced 'mechs across the Inner Sphere.

#127 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

View PostKoniving, on 05 August 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

snip

I agree with a lot of what you wrote--MWO is to BattleTech what a movie adaptation is to a book. I do think, though, that we should probably keep this thread focused on MWO-as-it-is since it's in the New Player section.

For the UAC comparison, though, the UAC10 and UAC20 do have a niche advantage over the I.S. versions. Being able to doubletap makes them more effective on flanking maneuvers when you get behind an enemy. Chances are the full volley will hit where you aim since most players aren't going to react fast enough.

That's especially useful for the SCR, SMN, and TBR.

Edited by Mizeur, 09 August 2014 - 02:33 PM.

36 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users