126 replies to this topic

#61 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

best way to ruin a day. cant even play a game, the flickering hurts enough to bring me to tears

#62 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

The Atlas Hunter TS info is such Atlashunters.enjinvoice.com no pw.. Your welcome to stop in and run with us with out joining..
I will take the time to work with you and make your gaming more fun if I can .. All the said unit's above are outstanding units .. If i can add you as a friend id be glad to game with you !

#63 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:38 AM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 01 August 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

The queues have been split into solo and group queues. On the solo queue you have a higher number of low skilled players. On the group queue you have a higher concentration of good teams.

So, if you are in good teams, your life has gotten better. If you are playing by yourself and you want to win, your life has generally gotten harder.

So to get my good games back i need to be dropping with some sort of team and stop pugging? And as iraqi walker is saying ive jumped an Elo and am now carrying harder.

In the very few matches i have played with coms with someone the pressure is off a bit. So in response to the op if you want to get the best from the game grab a mate, get coms and team up.

#64 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

You can definitely carry harder if you were better, but match maker sometimes compensates by giving you worse teammates, and since you can only carry so hard, your w/l will not keep up with your damage.

You get more control back over the win/loss in an organized team.

Edited by JigglyMoobs, 02 August 2014 - 03:44 AM.

#65 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

I don't really mind the W/L stats. I find myself even enjoying getting totally surrounded and overwhelmed by the enemy as long as I go down fighting. I always get the odd headshot which ALWAYS brings a smile to my face as I fall.

#66 Stickjock

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostKeira_NZ, on 02 August 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

I don't really mind the W/L stats. I find myself even enjoying getting totally surrounded and overwhelmed by the enemy as long as I go down fighting. I always get the odd headshot which ALWAYS brings a smile to my face as I fall.

^^ That...

And still trying to figure out how the original post from the OP is even relevant to this section... :P

#67 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

That's the proper spirit and attitude to have for playing any multiplayer game.

View PostStickjock, on 02 August 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

^^ That...

And still trying to figure out how the original post from the OP is even relevant to this section... :)

I've given up on that part.

@OP: My best advice to give is to ask your team for a plan. If they don't have one, you take the lead. Experiment and see what happens. A plan is better than no plan about 65% of the time (there are a LOT of stupid plans out there. Though it's twice as funny when they work, because the enemy team never expected anything that silly)

#68 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:07 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 29 July 2014 - 03:39 AM, said:

You need to adjust your tactics, and honestly, after all the number crunching it's clear that anyone who says Clan mechs are OP is pretty much wrong. I've been mopping the floor with them in my IS mechs without a problem. In fact, destroying a Direwhale with a Locust is so pathetically easy, it's depressing.

Clan mechs excel at long range and Damage over Time, while IS mechs excel at short range and PP FLD.

As a light mech pilot (I have been piloting them almost exclusively since day one of playing this game), you need to adjust to a more hit and run style of play. Unless you've been playing as long as I have, you shouldn't face opponents in drawn out battles.

Just like you never hear light and medium pilots complain about LRMs- what you play colors your perception of the game.
Are the Clans strong? Without a doubt. But the IS has definite strengths too. Unfortunately they are things people have been complaining about for a long time.

1. LRMs! The IS does it better. Even with the Clans packing them on, the 'all at once' IS LRMs are better than the 'stream of bees' Clan LRMs.
2. PPCs! The wonderfully cool running PPCs might be the IS's best secret weapon in the energy category.
3. Auto-cannons! Pin point FLD damage gives the IS a HUGE advantage, especially with mechs that can fire-and-disengage.

People's natural impulse when faces with large mechs is to 'go big' as well. Most don't realize you can gain a lot more by going small. :)

#69 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

View PostDavers, on 03 August 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

Just like you never hear light and medium pilots complain about LRMs- what you play colors your perception of the game.
Are the Clans strong? Without a doubt. But the IS has definite strengths too. Unfortunately they are things people have been complaining about for a long time.

1. LRMs! The IS does it better. Even with the Clans packing them on, the 'all at once' IS LRMs are better than the 'stream of bees' Clan LRMs.
2. PPCs! The wonderfully cool running PPCs might be the IS's best secret weapon in the energy category.
3. Auto-cannons! Pin point FLD damage gives the IS a HUGE advantage, especially with mechs that can fire-and-disengage.

People's natural impulse when faces with large mechs is to 'go big' as well. Most don't realize you can gain a lot more by going small. :)

I absolutely agree. Which is why the IS SPL is still one of the most underrated weapons in the game. The partyback (HBK-4p with 9 SLs or SPLs) was the prime example of that. I have 5 SPLs on my LCT-3M, because even though you have to get close to use them, you're in a light mech that can do that in 2 seconds. Long enough to launch a full alpha in a drive by, and not bat an eye. Also allowing you to disappear before the enemy can return fire, most of the time.

#70 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:14 AM

View PostZoddom, on 28 July 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

For me, right now its either remove those OP pay2win mechs, or I quit this game forever.

O.....Kthxbye. Kan I haz yur stuff?

1. If you honestly think that blackmail will get you anywhere, you have a lot to learn.
2. If you think clan mechs are going anywhere, you have a lot to learn.
3. If you think clan mechs are P2W, you have a lot to learn.

So, one thing`s for sure, namely that if you plan on staying around after all, you definitely have a lot to learn. :)

Now, if you actually WANT to learn, instead of just rant like you did in this post, the ts servers listed in this thread are a great place to start. http://mwomercs.com/...e-chat-servers/

Edited by Zerberus, 03 August 2014 - 03:16 AM.

#71 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:52 AM

View PostZerberus, on 03 August 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

O.....Kthxbye. Kan I haz yur stuff?

1. If you honestly think that blackmail will get you anywhere, you have a lot to learn.
2. If you think clan mechs are going anywhere, you have a lot to learn.
3. If you think clan mechs are P2W, you have a lot to learn.

So, one thing`s for sure, namely that if you plan on staying around after all, you definitely have a lot to learn. :)

Now, if you actually WANT to learn, instead of just rant like you did in this post, the ts servers listed in this thread are a great place to start. http://mwomercs.com/...e-chat-servers/

OP has already decided to stick it out, and improve.

#72 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Liked for your sig. ;)

#73 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

My ping joke? my team pink mechs or my ugly mug?

#74 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostKeira_NZ, on 03 August 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

Pretty sure it's the ping joke. That made me burst with laughter.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 03 August 2014 - 11:59 PM.

#75 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 566 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

OMG, you're Laurence Fishburne!?!?!!?

#76 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

View PostKeira_NZ, on 03 August 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

Yeah it was the ping joke, but honestly all of the above are good. ;) :D

Edited by JigglyMoobs, 04 August 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#77 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

View PostInspectorG, on 01 August 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

PGI doesnt exactly make it clear that this game has a very steep learning curve.

No official tutorials.

No live practice mode.

The only other game this difficult for newbs is Blood Bowl(for me at least). My god Blood Bowl's resident RNG god, Nuffle, loves brutalizing newbs with beginner luck only to strip it away once you learn the right things to do. Then the everlasting string of bad rolls comes in. Specially for Dark Elf players.

Just hang in there, take your whoopins, get better, then, when you get to 'average', you get to give whoopins to the incoming newbs. Circle of Life.

blood bowl comes with a quite decent manual, which just explains every mechanic and stuff. Its basically the whole TT rulebook. you should read this it explains evertyhing exceptional good. At leats if that is still the same as in the first Bloodbowl game. also, BB 2 confirmed, F*ck Yeah.
but playing it only is impossible, because people there are whiny like hell and want to play Cuddlebowl and not BLOODbowl.

but here, in this game, we would have nothing, without the wiki or smurfs mechlab, this would be a pain to analyse anything, you would not even be able to read the ranges of weapons, since the graphical diagram shows just some points of ranges and the graph ends X pixel next to a range marker, making it a a "guess the range" grapgh. This is like giving a jet pilot some vague informations about his jet. Like try landing between Speed X and X+10 while you tell him X is somewhere above 200km/h

#78 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

To be honest, there are loads of tutorials in the training grounds. Some of them are out-dated, but all are still good. The problem is that most people don't know how to find them (even with the gigantic screen on the homepage that says "TRAINING GROUNDS")

#79 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

General whine will most like get kake.

How to combat Clan Mechs:

1. Don't just sit there gawking like an idiot.
2. Shoot and run
3. Don't put yourself in a situation where you'll turn a corner and meet the barrel of a UAC/20.

3.1. Use your brain and stay with your allies.

3.2. Use a high vantage point to get a good idea of where (not) to go.

#80 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

Honestly, if your going to solo-que... The most important thing to remember, is that the other 11 people on YOUR team are A.I. Bots trying their best to ruin your day. The 2nd most important thing to remember, is the other team has 12 PRO players, and they also are trying their hardest to ruin your day!

Anyway, the bots on your team might be chatting to you, but it's all pre-programmed chat messages made to look like someone is talking to you... They will not carry you, you must carry them to victory! Like others have said, IS mechs should focus on High FLD PP and fast moving engines. Do not stare directly into the eyes of the great direwolf for too long, torso twist frequently and dodge behind cover. Try not to stop moving, and try to move at top speed when ever possible.

If all these things don't help, then it's time to stop playing with bots and find some real people. Jump on team speak and join a team.

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users