#21 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:56 AM

View PostEric Wulfen, on 29 July 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

I.E They lied to us Europeans again, ah well then I will continue to play War Thnder which has a EU server, a US server and a Russian and Asia server and has a similar player base as MWO if MWO has less then it is as good as dead lol.

Some europeans lied to themselves actually after the whole comunity told them there was no way for that to happen

#22 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:58 AM

View Poststrikebrch, on 01 August 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

Some europeans lied to themselves actually after the whole comunity told them there was no way for that to happen

What? It was pgi who said eu servers "sometime" after launch.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

View PostMadPanda, on 01 August 2014 - 05:58 AM, said:

That is still their position at this time.

Although, it reminds me more of "Failure to Launch".

#24 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:53 AM

EU servers would be nice, but someone like cheapass PiG would never put forward resources to realize this. NEVER, they are to greedy to do so. If there's ever EU servers I'm willing to print this post out on 100 sheets of paper and eat them in front of a live stream while standing naked in a bathtub filled with pork fat. That's how confident I am in these people's greediness.

On a nother note, people who say playing with 100+ ping is just the same as sub 100 seem to not quite understand how this works. Anything over 120-130 is unplayable. The higher your ping the more of a target you will effectively be and the less accurate the server will handle hits that you succeed in on your local machine, but not server side. The server has to constantly "predict" where a player is, the higher the ping the higher the tolerance of deviation for this prediction, making the player effectively be in more places at once, or rather extending the hitboxes (its not quite like that, but thats a simple way of putting it that most people can understand). In fact 70ms vs 120ms is a HUGE difference. Let alone 50 vs 200. Low pings are a big advantage in any real time game, the only type of games where ping doesn't are turn based.

The thing that saves MWO in this respect is that it's an extremely slow game and super small movements and details don't matter nearly as much as they would in a traditional FPS and tactics are more important then twitch. I would never touch a traditional, twitch based fps if it only had NA servers or 100+ ping. Never.

Edited by Louis Brofist, 01 August 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#25 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

More players = more servers.
Less players = less servers.

MWO will never have more than one server imo.

#26 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:24 AM

Everybody constantly talks about the playerbase being low. So do we have any actual figures? To me it seems the game is doing pretty well compared to some other MMOs like Planetside where player deficit is obvious.

#27 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

I doubt if PGI wants to sign any sort of contract for servers that will last longer than the potential of this game.

#28 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostLouis Brofist, on 01 August 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

Everybody constantly talks about the playerbase being low. So do we have any actual figures? To me it seems the game is doing pretty well compared to some other MMOs like Planetside where player deficit is obvious.

Planetside2 trailer on youtube has 3million views. Mechwarrior Online has 250k views... PGI needs to make more advertisement.

Planetside have one huge world where its easy to go feel alone if you want. MWO has a matchmaker with 5 maps.

btw look at this

Edited by DAYLEET, 01 August 2014 - 08:11 AM.

#29 Turist0AT

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostCharronn, on 29 July 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

That's the thing,it's not stable.I played for an hour last night and I got dc'd 4 times.

same here. i play from sweden.

Edited by Turist0AT, 01 August 2014 - 08:18 AM.

#30 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 01 August 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Planetside2 trailer on youtube has 3million views. Mechwarrior Online has 250k views... PGI needs to make more advertisement.

To be honest, I think that won't change the state of the game. It hasn't ultimately changed in the grand scheme of things... since Launch... or even Open Beta.

While stuff like stability and "finally" getting pure solo and group queues, it will take a lot more than that and advertisements to prop the game back up.

#31 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 01 August 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

To be honest, I think that won't change the state of the game. It hasn't ultimately changed in the grand scheme of things... since Launch... or even Open Beta.

More people playing can only be a good thing for everyone. You can't rely on twitchtv for this kind of game. The match are boring to watch, there's no discussion to be had in those twitch because meta is one thing and will always be it. You can't rely on the player base to advertise this game or make it look good. Some of the hero trailer were damn good, they need to capitalize on that and go for more exposure.

While stuff like stability and "finally" getting pure solo and group queues, it will take a lot more than that and advertisements to prop the game back up.

That;s another thing, are they even sending emails with the changes to players?

Edited by DAYLEET, 01 August 2014 - 09:56 AM.

#32 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

What like *gasp* a reason to actually be playing?

#33 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 01 August 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

More people playing can only be a good thing for everyone. You can't rely on twitchtv for this kind of game. The match are boring to watch, there's no discussion to be had in those twitch because meta is one thing and will always be it. You can't rely on the player base to advertise this game or make it look good. Some of the hero trailer were damn good, they need to capitalize on that and go for more exposure.

I agree that you can't rely on twitch, but the playerbase on its own is a "reflection" of whether or not the game can grow and thrive or shrivel and die. That's how great games become legendary (or at least be perceived as incredible/overrated) and bad games become... a footnote in history.

That;s another thing, are they even sending emails with the changes to players?

Beats me, I have no idea.

View PostDV McKenna, on 01 August 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

What like *gasp* a reason to actually be playing?

At this point in the game? I have no idea anymore.

Edited by Deathlike, 01 August 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#34 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

That was a optimistic scenario , like , "the game is a hit" you know ?

Again , most of the comunity including me is against that because our groups are already formed and theres no !"#$ way we will allow that to happen. Sorry , but it is done.

#35 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:12 AM

I'd say there are more europeans then americans playing MWO. At least the queue times give me that impression.

#36 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:59 AM

View Poststrikebrch, on 01 August 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

That was a optimistic scenario , like , "the game is a hit" you know ?

Again , most of the comunity including me is against that because our groups are already formed and theres no !"#$ way we will allow that to happen. Sorry , but it is done.

No offense but I don't think PGI gives a flying F about your group :P. If they are gonna do eu servers then they are gonna do it. But it doesnt look like it right now. But I just had to comment because I think its funny how you think you can "not allow something to happen". Not sure how long you played this game, but here's a few key words from the past; coolant flush, 3pv.

#37 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

OP, How bad is your ping exactly? I`m in south germany and have a stable 150, sometimes all the way down to 100, my ISP is one of Germany`s largest (O²), and I can`t really see all the "OMG my ping makes the game unplayable" issue that many complain about.... And I generally play during NA primetime (meaning most of my opponents have a sub 100 ping, often sub 50)....

The issue is players incessantly thinking "sometime" means "ASAP", "Immediately following", "definitely less than 3 months", or for that matter anything shorter than "when the proper time comes".

In fact, it`s not even a MWO or even gaming specifig issue, but merely a sign of the disgusting level of entitlement most people feel towards, well, everything.

Edited by Zerberus, 02 August 2014 - 05:14 AM.

#38 Kamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:08 AM

Some time ago someone from Aseveljet asked a PGI worker about EU servers in a game and the answer was that they are actually working on it right now. It was months ago though.

Save me, PGI! Without EU server I can't play mech and download por... educational videos about humankinds favourite hobby at the same time.

#39 Point Blank

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 109 posts
  • LocationCape Town, South Africa

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:33 AM

I was excited about this game from the start but when no EU server appeared I left this game behind. Being a South African I already get 200ping to EU servers which I can tolerate. However playing on US hosted servers means I get anywhere from 300 to 500 ping, which is almost unplayable, I'll often be shot once I'm already behind cover because my mech is still half a second behind where I believe it to be, I'll shoot at mechs and never hit them unless I aim well in front of them which is not always possible. It's a complete disadvantage for people outside of EU and US.

I'd like an EU server so I can get 180 to 200 ping... which I can find acceptable.

Edited by Point Blank, 18 September 2014 - 01:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users