#1 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:51 AM

It's really minor but I think they should be changed to a more lime-green colour rather than yellow. That way they fall in line with the minor changes to colour with both the large and small lasers.

The yellow just seems odd and out of place imo.

Edited by KelesK, 16 June 2014 - 07:51 AM.

#2 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostKelesK, on 16 June 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

It's really minor but I think they should be changed to a more lime-green colour rather than yellow. That way they fall in line with the minor changes to colour with both the large and small lasers.

The yellow just seems odd and out of place imo.

I thought the same thing. They still look cool, though.

#3 Skiddlywibble

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

Medium lasers are possibly the most common weapons in the game, so it's extra important that people can visually see the difference between IS and Clan MLs. Small lasers tend to be a bit more niche, and large lasers can't be stacked to the same degree as mediums, so the difference isn't quite as important.

#4 Ancient Demise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 189 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior: Living Legends

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

They really should have gotten the light spectrun right then and gone to shorter wave lengths rather than a mix of shorter (violet small lasers) and longer (mediums and larges)
Ideally, for higher energy lasers they should have done orange-red for small, blue-green for medium, and violet for larger.
Instead they went down and someone thought the light spectrum is circular so we ended up with violet small lasers.

#5 Ansgar Odinson

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

Im happy with the yellow. Don't make them more green, the more clan weapons differ visually from the IS weapons the happier I am.

#6 Ancient Demise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 189 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior: Living Legends

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostAnsgar Odinson, on 16 June 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Im happy with the yellow. Don't make them more green, the more clan weapons differ visually from the IS weapons the happier I am.

The least they could have done was make them consistently different instead of jumping all over the place...

#7 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

I just found it exceedingly odd when I saw this signed artwork where the CML shows as a green colour. Now while I understand there needs to be a difference, I feel that more of a lime colour would be appropriate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users