9 replies to this topic

#1 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

As most of the weapon modules are complete junk, please allow us to put advanced zoom in a weapon slot, after all, it primary focus it to make aiming weapons easier.

Edited by Kali Rinpoche, 31 July 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#2 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

You just created a duplicate of the same thread, just so you know.

#3 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

Yeah, I just noticed that. Can't delete it :)

#4 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

It's not that I'm entirely against the idea, but I'm not sure if that's the right solution, I would rather just see the weapon modules not suck and leave the semi-important functions to the system modules category.

#5 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

This would fix most my problems with the system they have now.Other than no counters to art spam on very slow mechs.

#6 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

This would be an indirect buff to clans imho since even their medium lasers can benefit from the adv. zoom.

#7 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

I used zoom on every mech I had. I use it to locate enemy mechs more than I used it to fire weapons. I dont like zoom levels. On or off one button is all I want.

#8 Training Instructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

This is a great idea. Advanced Zoom, unlike many of the others, is not a magic module ala Seismic, Gyro, Radar Dep, etc. It directly modifies your ability to see and shoot long-range targets with direct fire weapons.

#9 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

This is a terrible idea. And defeats the purpose of having limited module slots.

The purpose of having limited module slots is that you have to make tough choices regarding what modules you use.

It sounds like you just want a free pass on advanced zoom so you can bypass that tough choice.

Quite frankly a better idea is to redo the entire module system in such a way that it actually promotes role warfare. By assigning mechs and modules to roles (i.e. weapon, defense, sensor, mobility, support, etc...) and only allowing mechs to use modules which coincide with its role.

Certain mechs could also have affiniites with certain modules to encourage less popular modules to be used more by offering small bonuses. That way the "best" module would differ from mech to mech, and instead of everyone using the same modules on every mech, youd see every module get used at least some of the time.

#10 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

They need to make modules take up more slots or less slots. Who is going to use hillclimb when they can use the radar mod. Or use gyro when they can use targeting range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users