Ppc / Gauss Short And Long Term Solutions

Balance

No replies to this topic

#1 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:28 AM

I was thinking about the proposed changes to firing PPC and gauss to fix the Dire Wolf etc. Seems to be there are probably three things that need to happen.

1. Short term fix that is easy to do so it can get in the game soon. Possible just a quirk to the Dire Wolf. Or projectile speed etc.

2. A thoughtful discussion with the community both casual and competitive to see what the goal is. For example do we want a soft limit of 30 pinpoint (And what range) and 60 spread alphas? (Rough idea of numbers involved.) And by soft I mean you can build higher alphas but with drawbacks of very high heat or very slow fire rate or very fragile mech etc. So that you still have as much freedom as possible building mechs but the anthying above the soft limits you pay a large penalty for.

3. Work on a long term major fix that would replace ghost heat and gauss charge with a single over all way to balance alpha size and DPS. If that turns out to be not possible than figure out what the next best choice is. And the best choice might even end up being what we have now. Honestly I do not know.

I think the majority want the same thing. They want a game where a large variety of builds and tactics will work. A game where you have lots of freedom to design new builds. A game that is both diverse and fun.

I do not think any of us want a game that is only CERLL camping. Or just jump sniping or just close range brawling or just LRMs.

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 01 August 2014 - 01:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users