24 replies to this topic

#21 Clit Beastwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 31 July 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

What?!?!

You mean standing still out in the open, fixating on a single target is bad? I thought they covered that in the tutorial....

IT'S TIME FOR ADVANCED MANEUVERS!
http://www.trailerad.../ship-maneuvers

Edited by Fierostetz, 31 July 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#22 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:56 AM

View PostSandpit, on 31 July 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Nope

They worked like any other weapon. You rolled hit locations, it hit a target area and each shot had a chance to hit a different location almost identical to MWO version. The rules regarding LoS and indirect fire were a bit different though

I meant if they cost BV points or they were attached to certain units/equipment or something.

#23 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

I don't know how bad they are in the group queue but in the solo queue....the only people that get killed by artillery are the ones that just stand still, zoom in and fixate on a single target.

It's not like either one are hard to avoid....as long as you see the smoke. Unfortunately, in the solo queue, most people can't shoot without stopping and zooming...and you can't see the smoke (or your teammates) when you're zoomed in.

But, I'm sure that was all covered in the "New Player's Tutorial." PGI wouldn't put something so devastating into the game without at least warning new players, right?

#24 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:57 AM

he only people that get killed by artillery are the ones that just stand still, zoom in and fixate on a single target.

Or it hits you in the head, which has happened to my daishi a few times (its very rare though). When you go 53kph, even if you see the smoke you cant get out of it in time.

#25 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostKhobai, on 01 August 2014 - 05:57 AM, said:

Or it hits you in the head, which has happened to my daishi a few times (its very rare though). When you go 53kph, even if you see the smoke you cant get out of it in time.

True, but I rarely get kills on Dire Whales or Warhawks unless they're standing still.

What I REALLY love to use them on are those elite sniper Spider 5Ds that just stand there and rely on their buggy hitboxes....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users