#41 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostWarWolfSW, on 06 August 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

I actually do know about The Plan. And I'll reply to the rest of this later, a bit busy atm.

#42 PDR SHREDDER

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPlanet MacDuff - atmosphere hostile.

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Law #1: Listen to nature....
http://s1025.photobu...-field.jpg.html

#43 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostPDR SHREDDER, on 09 August 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Afraid I don't understand your point.

#44 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

Another Law.

Never chase the squirrel.

#45 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

View Postxeromynd, on 06 August 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

Ain't got no group, not enough time to commit, and a sporadic schedule, For now, I'm a puggin man

Gotta find yourself a group that welcomes casual players, man. :c) That's what I did, and the casual players is who I am in charge of helping over at the Seraphim. If we're not your cup of tea, I'm sure others out there can be a great fit for you and your play how/when/what you want to play attitude.

Good luck.

#46 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

Lone Wolf fits the description better for me, but I prefer the republic government of this faction.

#47 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 09 August 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

Gotta find yourself a group that welcomes casual players, man. :c) That's what I did, and the casual players is who I am in charge of helping over at the Seraphim. If we're not your cup of tea, I'm sure others out there can be a great fit for you and your play how/when/what you want to play attitude.

Good luck.

Well it seems I've gotten some nice suggestions in this thread. Thanks gents, will have to look into dem groups =)

#48 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:16 AM

I would like to recommend the addition of another rule set:

Posted Image

#49 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

Also, to clarify (especially to Kjudoon), I think retreating is absolutely alright. A surrender and a retreat are two different things.

#50 Pendraco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 469 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostWarWolfSW, on 06 August 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

Surprisingly enough, I took the time to read through all the posts this time....and I noted a recurring theme: commitment: whether it be to a company, a lance, a weight class, a role, a mech, a weapon, or yourself.

In games these days (and mostly due to how society generationally has changed) there is no "commitment" or "responsibility" how people interact with people, places, things. No sense of need or loss or "honor" for those around you.

There is of course loads of commitment to one's self and it is encouraged by the social media and how interaction is obtained and maintained throughout their stages of life.

If I'm getting too heavy here let me know...

In MW:O terms, and maybe I'm unique in this way of thinking, is when I my BattleMech steps onto the field, the loading screen drops, Betty let's me know that my hulk is ready to do battle with those across the field, I look to my left and my right.

Now unless there is a light that has boot, scoot, and boogied his/her way from the formation already, I take note of the warriors beside me and decide right then and there that I will get them off this field alive today if I can (and bring home the C-Bills). I commit to my lance first, the company second, and myself third.

I can sum a lot of what I was going to type with one story:
The battle was chaotic. The IFF was going through the roof with targets. The min-map was losing sight of my warriors left and right. The timer was nearing it's end....we were almost all out of time.
A rally cry came out of the blitz that was "Incoming Missiles". I was legged, in a Raven Huggin variant, short on ammo, armor was non-existent. I looked for my closest lancemate: a Ryoken (Stormcrow) that had certainly seen better days. The pilot was looking at me and I them. I could see they were trying to escape something.....
....A Dire Whale reveals itself from the city scape of River City. It was looking to make it's next meal my Stormcrow friend (and likely myself next). It was just over their left shoulder....the shot was near impossible, victory for the company was hanging by a thread. I fired!
....I vowed to bring that lancemate back....and I did. The final SRMs found their mark. The Whale fell, it's mass hitting the concrete like bomb had gone off, the HUD shaking from the impact (had to readjust my Neurohelmet).
....On top of that, the Dire Wolf was the spear of the opposing side....many of their great guns/warriors had been silenced, and our company banded together to achieve victory.

Nothing ventured has never been gaining for anyone. Giving up has never allowed many to be successful. And giving in has never saved a life (even if it was yours on the table).

I personally play this game as a game but also something more. Many of my generation (perhaps beyond) in particular think of this game as an escape, an opportunity to be something or someone else (sometimes to a determent), but hopefully this story, this post that may turn into something more, can ignite something deep down in the masses to fight for something greater, something more honorable, something glorious, something to commit to.....
....your lancemates.....

Great thread! I have mixed fellings on the listed "Rules" but enjoyed reading everyone's opinion. Most of the time I find myself doing the best I can after being dropped on Alpine in my 4SP with SRM's and Med. Lasers, or River City with my missile laden Founders Catapult....LOL, or even Mt. Doom with a Hot, energy heavy build...etc.

I really enjoyed your post, and although I could never string the written word together as well as you have to describe my imagination...I too get "lost" in the game.

AC 20 of Approval!!

Posted Image

Edited by Pendraco, 11 August 2014 - 07:55 AM.

#51 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostPDR SHREDDER, on 09 August 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Law #1 and #2 are actually based in Darwin's Theory.

#52 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

When in the middle of battle, build a monument to your sins in the form of bodies piling ontop of each other.

#53 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

Never trust a Capellan that can afford an Assault mech.

#54 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

Never trust a Capellan at all (no offense Egomane or Koniving).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users