7 replies to this topic

#1 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:10 AM

I've just happened into a load of cash, so i just took a wander down to the local mech dealership and stomped off up the road in a shiny new (insert favourtie mech here).

Got it home parked it up in the garage and opened the bonnet (not hood) and started some tinkering. In went weapon x,y and z and oh i need to upgrade the structure and or the armour to Endo and FF. Thats enough for today.

Open up the garage and go to fit your new weapons, engine heatsinks whatever back into the mech. Oh Cheesecake i dont have enough space. Now where did i put that standard armour or structure? Its been nicked! what you mean something that i should allready have, i have to buy back?!?!?!?!

Seriously now this has been grating for a while now, why do i have to buy something back that i should allready have. Or are you telling me that i only loan my mechs so when i remove something from them the dealer can take them back so i then have to buy it back?

Can we have this changed please.

Edited by mad kat, 01 August 2014 - 05:11 AM.

#2 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

Upgrades aren't stored as items, though not sure why and I would be for them making them do so. But just be glad as an Inner Sphere mech you can at least change it, Clan mechs for all their other flexibility cannot change the armor/structure.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

You're paying for the techs to re-install the old structure or armor. Labour fees, not material cost.

#4 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 01 August 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

You're paying for the techs to re-install the old structure or armor. Labour fees, not material cost.

So to upgrade from standard armour to FF that would at first glance imply that standard and ferro armour costs the same as you have to buy the FF and pay your grease monkeys to fit it. (It costs 50% of the upgrade to FF to put standard armour which you allready have back on implying that labour costs are 50% of the bill?)

#5 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

Labor fee. Got to love having to pay your mechanics to do some work.

#6 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 01 August 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

Labor fee. Got to love having to pay your mechanics to do some work.

I wonder if theyre as good as car mechanics. Lol. Not sure id want to take a battlemech out and rely on it based on quite a few mechanics ive used ; )

#7 Xanezz

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

My question would by "why" you would want to put standard structure back in, endo is just better in every way.

That said I agree, now if additionally you could use double heat sinks you purchased for one variant for those pesky other ones you dont want but have to play to level up so you dont waste more cbills on a mech you just sell after you're done xp grinding it.

But that's just me venting, ignore this post as another angry comment, especially since I know the answer already :rolleyes:

#8 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Can we get 50% functional Endo and Ferro by using slave labour?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users