21 replies to this topic

#21 WmLowFlyer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

Like lasers?!

Gatta go fast?!

Get the Firestarters. As durable as medium, profile of a light, fast as heck, and packs a punch.

#22 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

Well you already bought the Thunderbolt 5ss.......but honestly that's the one Thunderbolt I wouldn't buy. The others can mount just about as many energy hardpoints, or in the case of the 9s, exactly as many AND still have configuration options for missiles and ballistics. The 9s in general has a stupid amount of hardpoints and is one of the rare left handed mechs in the game. The 9se has jumpjets but kind of a weird layout compared to the others, and if you lose your left torso you are neutered (much like a hunchie but you twist the opposite way). Still I like it with 2 ppcs, two streaks, two med lasers. Standard engine and some jumpjets. Profit. The 5s I could see not being worth much to a new player, however I love mine because mine is the Pheonix variant that gives me 30 percent cbill boost. So I guess if you cant adjust to twisting to the right to protect yourself and don't care about JJs, you could skip the 9se, and if you buy the 9s I could see why you wouldn't need the 5s either just depends on whether you want to be right handed or left handed. Im a lefty in RL so I love my 9se and 9s.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users