- - - - -

Returning Player (1.5 Years) Needs Advice

20 replies to this topic

#21 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

View Postchem, on 12 August 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

I just bought the kitfoxes for c-bills and they're my first clan mech. Can someone explain omnipods? What do they do other than XP boost? Should I be changing those a lot? I'm running the default builds right now just learning the mech, but I know those are sub optimal.

Let's also note that Kit Foxes do not play like fast, nimble IS lights.

They're team players. Stick with groups, cover them with ECM and pick other roles to go with it. Clan NARC = 650m ECM buster and insta-LRM tagger...unlike before, NARC doesn't fall off when the 'Mech is hit, giving you 30 (or more with Enhanced NARC module) seconds of pure bliss for every missile boat in the area, along with rendering the target obvious to everyone else. Triple AMS can obliterate Clan LRM launches and seriously degrade IS ones (again, modules boost these- AMS range and AMS overload).

You can pick up a bunch of short-range guns if you want to just pop out behind an engaging brawler and still have some reach- Clan ERML's can hit things about where IS standard LLs will, and the S torsos give you two ballistic hardpoints for MG's (and the S legs jump capacity). Note that also, jumping has been seriously nerfed- a single jet will get you up hills, but it's not the superpoptart tool it once was.

That's the appeal of Omnis- one chassis, many hardpoint options.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users