• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

View Postsharpster25, on 28 April 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

Greetings fellow mech pilots, as a casual player ...and lover of drinking, this group seems like it'd fit me perfectly.
Any chance you have room for a stereotypical British dude? xD

Is there anywhere i need to apply officially?

Also ...Alestorm rocks :D

Of course we have room. Our dropship is like the Tardis, we can store as many Mechs, Grog n' Groggers as we please. No official application is necessary, I'll log on right now and ship out some invites!

View PostShinVector, on 28 April 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

Cough!

*Never Give Up ! ;)

So there was a bunch of nonsense, which made him concede early, to which the team came together and made a miraculous recovery, winning the match, making the solo-forfeit even more unfortunate? Oh CW pug antics. Tisk tisk. Good watch though, thanks for the post :D!

Edit: Sorry for the run-on.

Edit2: First.

Edited by t Khrist, 29 April 2015 - 04:25 PM.

#342 VanWinK1LL

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 29 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:56 AM

Hello Grog Corps! You seem like a fun, drama free bunch of hooligans. I'm interested in signing up. I don't have any clan mechs, though. I hope that won't be an issue in CW. Either way, let me know. :)

#343 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:49 AM

View PostVanWinK1LL, on 01 May 2015 - 05:56 AM, said:

Hello Grog Corps! You seem like a fun, drama free bunch of hooligans. I'm interested in signing up. I don't have any clan mechs, though. I hope that won't be an issue in CW. Either way, let me know. :)

Ahoy, and welcome! Glad you are interested in joining up with us Groggers, and I hope you shall enjoy your time with us! :D

Not having any clan mechs is ok, we have a few people in our group who are exclusively clan or inner sphere, and with this new map reset we will be adhering to a more week-by-week basis for our contracts, for a few reasons. One, because of what I said above, which I feel this way will be more fair for CW. Second, I would like everyone to have a chance (or a few) at all the early mech bay rewards within each faction, and I feel doing it week-by-week will give everyone in our group fair chances at these, as mech bays are something that helps all of us! I believe it is always in the 2nd tier of loyalty points (so, 2,120 LPs)

I shall send you an in-game invite promptly, new friend! B)

Edited by I am the Table, 01 May 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#344 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

I'll admit, I never fully appreciated the full power of SRM's on my pesty light mechs. I like to run lasers more often on them.

It wasn't until I ran a few matches in my Hughin with two SRM 4's with Artemis and a pair a machine guns that I fully appreciated its power. After blowing up a few light mechs instantly if I caught them from behind or a few sustained volleys on some assault mechs like Stalkers or Dire Wolfs, I think I'm in love.

Consistently pulling 500+ damage in my Hughin now and its greatly helping me build my light mechs to be more than snipers.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 04 May 2015 - 09:24 AM.

#345 Andyboy

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

Lights a-ho !!! Fun matches, ganging up on people, hhahhaha

Wish I could fit more ammo for the Srm4 into these Locusts, but eh

We should have a tournament soon !!!

#346 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostAndyboy, on 04 May 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Lights a-ho !!! Fun matches, ganging up on people, hhahhaha

Wish I could fit more ammo for the Srm4 into these Locusts, but eh

We should have a tournament soon !!!

I still think our light lance could work if we are a little more patient before engaging. If absolutely nothing else having our 8 other guys group, then hit from behind having our push and the other 8 push at the same time should be very effective.

I would be down for a tourny as long as we have enough notice ahead of time to book it off in the old social calendar.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 04 May 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#347 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:45 AM

Lorian I am glad to hear you are having a good time in lights! I love me some lights, and I shall have to show you the glory that is THE DEATH'S MELL! Light packs are just too much fun!

Buuuuuutt......funny Andyboy should bring up a tournament....

Because....

wait for it....

-THE NEXT GROG CORPS TOURNAMENT WILL BE HELD SATURDAY, JUNE 6th 2015!!!

This Table is ready to get back and defend his prestigious Grog Corps Championship Title!

Not only that, but we will be holding our first Assault Mech Tournament!

The winners of the 2nd Annual Grog Corps Tournament and the 1st Annual Grog Goes Assault Tournament will clash for the epic final battle and ultimo prize! This will surely be another fun Grog Tournament! More details to come!

-----it's gonna be awesome, be there be there be there be there be there be there be there be there-------- :lol:

#348 Andyboy

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:27 PM

yessssssssss

#349 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:12 PM

You said you were gonna send me the link to the spreadsheet and never did Table lol.

Otherwise, I would gladly see what you can teach me with lights.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 05 May 2015 - 09:13 PM.

#350 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:05 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 05 May 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

You said you were gonna send me the link to the spreadsheet and never did Table lol.

Otherwise, I would gladly see what you can teach me with lights.

Whooooops! Consider that problem fixed now!

I would be more than happy to go frolic in a light with ya buddy! If by frolicking I mean melting the backs of those who can't turn!! :P

#351 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostI am the Table, on 05 May 2015 - 10:05 PM, said:

Whooooops! Consider that problem fixed now!

I would be more than happy to go frolic in a light with ya buddy! If by frolicking I mean melting the backs of those who can't turn!! :P

Thanks! I'll check it out after work.

And why limit yourself to just those idiots when there are so many lovely idiots. Like the idiots who are so busy engaging in peekaboo snipe fights that they aren't paying attention to their radar or where they are actually taking damage lol.

#352 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:39 PM

I need advice. Struggling to figure out what to put on a Raven 4X. Tried pulse lasers with missles, tried regular lasers with streaks, tried AC5. Nothing really seems to work great. Any suggestions?

Running a 265 xl engine btw.

#353 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:53 PM

Never mind, I think I figured it out :) Posted Image

#354 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:56 AM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 09 May 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

Never mind, I think I figured it out :) Posted Image

Nice! Regardless of build it's hard to pull off that much damage in a 4x. Sorry to take so long responding: I use 2 ML's, 2 MG's, and an SRM 4 I believe with max engine and JJ's. It's an alright build, it works. Like you said though, seems like you figured it out. What build did you use?

#355 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

View Postt Khrist, on 10 May 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

Nice! Regardless of build it's hard to pull off that much damage in a 4x. Sorry to take so long responding: I use 2 ML's, 2 MG's, and an SRM 4 I believe with max engine and JJ's. It's an alright build, it works. Like you said though, seems like you figured it out. What build did you use?

Just two ER large. The extended range and shorter duration quirks work well. The shoulder is so high up as well it works well for peaking just slightly over hills. I think only a single jump jet though so I could sneak in another heat sink. Can almost fire continuously, which is rarely needed with how much I like to move around.

#356 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 10 May 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

Just two ER large. The extended range and shorter duration quirks work well. The shoulder is so high up as well it works well for peaking just slightly over hills. I think only a single jump jet though so I could sneak in another heat sink. Can almost fire continuously, which is rarely needed with how much I like to move around.

Yo! Here's my Raven 4X build: http://[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fcb1730077d8791[/smurfy]

I like the 2 ER Large Lasers as well, for super range you can peck early and often, and they still work in a brawl situation. If you find yourself in said brawl, you have 2 machine gun's to get the opened up components. However, the machine guns arent necessary, and you can always load it up with more jj's instead! Fun little Raven!

Edited by I am the Table, 11 May 2015 - 09:34 AM.

#357 Fish Guts

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:12 AM

Sign me up please, I love grog.

#358 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostFish Guts, on 11 May 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

Sign me up please, I love grog.

Will do sir! I'll send the proper invites next time I log on. Welcome to the Grog Corps!

#359 Andyboy

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

So wait, am I the only one who had to chug grog to join?

#360 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostAndyboy, on 13 May 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

So wait, am I the only one who had to chug grog to join?

Was that a thing? Did that happen? If it did, than yes, you are the only one. Also.. sorry, that's not the type of Groggin' we condone ;).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users