New Game Mode With Last Two Patches

4 replies to this topic

#1 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

I call it "Kill the Disconnect" Or, KTD mode
You need a fast mech, preferably, almost crucially with ECM.
As you have to be quick and often well behind enemy lines I like to spot the disco and arty strike, as soon as the bombs start dropping begin to close the distance. Opening up with all you got.

PRO TIP stand BEHIND the disco- stand in front and you'll show up on all the enemy forces radar.

Lemme repeat, you have to be quick, not only are you at risk of getting spotted by some lamer running a back water LRMboat...but, well....imagine you're in some grade B sci fi flick and you're humping some Zombie...and holy crap, it comes alive! First time that poor slob reconnects is pretty unsettling, but like I said, you'll get used to it. (pro tip #2 watch the chat bar, if they come back to life they'll be pissed)
Happened twice so far.
With the average of one disconnect per game, often 2, its easy money and the physiological impact of getting the first kill is priceless!
Lastly, protip #3, go for the legs...I had some one legged stormcrow chasing me around last game...could have been disastrous had he been able to catch me

#2 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostThatDawg, on 19 August 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

PRO TIP stand BEHIND the disco- stand in front and you'll show up on all the enemy forces radar.

But.... but I need to get headshots....

Otherwise, definitely when I'm a light will go solo hunting DCs are spawn. Even if its just a lagging dropper on say River City, getting there to ensure spots while we cull the separated and alone from the herd...

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostThatDawg, on 19 August 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

I call it "Kill the Disconnect" Or, KTD mode
You need a fast mech, preferably, almost crucially with ECM.
As you have to be quick and often well behind enemy lines I like to spot the disco and arty strike, as soon as the bombs start dropping begin to close the distance. Opening up with all you got.

Lemme repeat, you have to be quick, not only are you at risk of getting spotted by some lamer running a back water LRMboat...but, well....imagine you're in some grade B sci fi flick and you're humping some Zombie...and holy crap, it comes alive! First time that poor slob reconnects is pretty unsettling, but like I said, you'll get used to it. (pro tip #2 watch the chat bar, if they come back to life they'll be pissed)
Happened twice so far.
With the average of one disconnect per game, often 2, its easy money and the physiological impact of getting the first kill is priceless!
Lastly, protip #3, go for the legs...I had some one legged stormcrow chasing me around last game...could have been disastrous had he been able to catch me

So... a version of Camp the respawn? :P

#4 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 19 August 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

So... a version of Camp the respawn? :P

With GhostHeat®

#5 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron