Unable To Patch My Client After The Last Big Update A Week Ago

2 replies to this topic

#1 Gefen

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

I've been patiently waiting. Since July 29, 2014, I have not been able to log in to MWO due to the inability of the launcher to patch my client. Using the repair tool doesn't do anything as it crashes everytime i use it. I tried to locally (from the game folder) open the repair tool, it would open and soon as i click start scanning, 10 secs after "MWO repair tool stopped working" message would appear. I tried to open the repair tool using the launcher, same results. I set the launcher to automatically update the client and that screwed me so much more i went nuts for about a full minute coz now, the launcher would appear for a bout a second then close by itself without any message or notification whatsoever.

Could someone please help me out. I am out of options and seriously frustrated right now.

#2 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hey, so I'm just gonna run through the standard questions, since I'm not entirely sure what your problem may be here. Firstly, what kind of problems are shown by the patcher? Does it just stop responding and eventually pop up a window saying so (like you say happens with the repair tool), or does it simply stall out? Also, just tossing this out there - you didn't move the game files from one location to another, did you? How are you doing for disk space?

Aside from those answers, I wonder if you mind posting your latest patcher logs after running (and crashing) the patcher. They are in the game's Bin32\PatcherLogs folder, and the one I'm interested in right now would be frontend_patcher_log.txt. If it's got a lot of text in there, the last 20 or so lines should suffice.

One last point - if you'd like to disable the auto-patch thing, you can just modify the MWOPatcher.cfg file (you will probably have to open notepad as admin in order to modify it) and change "autoPatch=True" to "autoPatch=False".

#3 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostGefen, on 07 August 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

I've been patiently waiting. Since July 29, 2014, I have not been able to log in to MWO due to the inability of the launcher to patch my client. Using the repair tool doesn't do anything as it crashes everytime i use it. I tried to locally (from the game folder) open the repair tool, it would open and soon as i click start scanning, 10 secs after "MWO repair tool stopped working" message would appear. I tried to open the repair tool using the launcher, same results. I set the launcher to automatically update the client and that screwed me so much more i went nuts for about a full minute coz now, the launcher would appear for a bout a second then close by itself without any message or notification whatsoever.

Could someone please help me out. I am out of options and seriously frustrated right now.

Are you still having trouble?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users