Clueless Coder

Data api weapon

9 replies to this topic

#1 Buzambo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2023 - 09:32 PM

Having a hard time trying to figure the easiest way of taking all weapon info and getting it into a spreadsheet; along with hardpoint/slot data for all mech variants. I found that an API could be used to extract the data, but don’t know where in the game, or it’s files, to go to get it. Is there not a public area to go to find this information? Would it be easier to write down the information manually?

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 17 November 2023 - 09:56 PM

View PostBuzambo, on 17 November 2023 - 09:32 PM, said:

Having a hard time trying to figure the easiest way of taking all weapon info and getting it into a spreadsheet; along with hardpoint/slot data for all mech variants. I found that an API could be used to extract the data, but don’t know where in the game, or it’s files, to go to get it. Is there not a public area to go to find this information? Would it be easier to write down the information manually?

Welcome to the forums!

Check this link: Stats

Check this online Mechlab: MechDB 2.0

#3 Buzambo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 08:39 AM

That is Fabulous. I haven't looked at the entire API yet because I was looking forward to learning how to code again. Thought that chatGPT would help accelerate the learning process, but I am still struggling a little.

Right when I got to a point where I found a way to loop through the API to make my own array to then convert to excel, I wanted to come back here and first thank you for sharing that link. It was not obvious where I would have found that link myself.

I noticed under the Stats key that there are three different heat related values. I can imagine that heatpenalty is actually the amount of heat generated when using the weapon; and heatdamage would be how much heat is generated on the hit mech, but what is minheatpenaltylevel for? And what about just the heat value?

Also, is there another link for mech data? Including varients and hardpoints?

Edited by Buzambo, 21 November 2023 - 08:42 AM.

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 08:43 AM

View PostBuzambo, on 21 November 2023 - 08:39 AM, said:

That is Fabulous. I haven't looked at the entire API yet because I was looking forward to learning how to code again. Thought that chatGPT would help accelerate the learning process, but I am still struggling a little.
Do not give up.

Right when I got to a point where I found a way to loop through the API to make my own array to then convert to excel, I wanted to come back here and first thank you for sharing that link. It was not obvious where I would have found that link myself. Is there another link for mech data? Including varients and hardpoints?
I think that for 'Mech data you must go to the game files.

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 11:07 PM

I noticed under the Stats key that there are three different heat related values. I can imagine that heatpenalty is actually the amount of heat generated when using the weapon; and heatdamage would be how much heat is generated on the hit mech, but what is minheatpenaltylevel for? And what about just the heat value?

You're spot-on on heatdamage.
heatpenalty and minheatpenaltylevel are tied to the ghost heat mechanic. Firing [minheatpenaltylevel] weapons of the same group within a 0.5s interval produces more heat than the sum of the normal heat produced by those weapons.
heat is the amount of heat produced by firing the weapon.

#6 Buzambo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 09:44 AM

You guys won't believe it. I guessed the URL for the API for mech data.

Instead of https://mwomercs.com.../list/full.json I replaced items with mechs and got it.

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 November 2023 - 11:07 PM, said:

heatpenalty and minheatpenaltylevel are tied to the ghost heat mechanic. Firing [minheatpenaltylevel] weapons of the same group within a 0.5s interval produces more heat than the sum of the normal heat produced by those weapons.

Thank you for the clarity. Didn't know grouping weapons came with more heat penalty. I guess that makes it more realistic since firing one weapon should be more efficient on the mech than firing multiple weapons within a short period.

#7 Buzambo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 06:53 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 November 2023 - 11:07 PM, said:

I hope I am not being picky, but looking at the medium laser the following heat related figures are:
"heatdamage": 0,
"heatpenalty": 1,
"heatPenaltyID": 12,
"minheatpenaltylevel": 7,
"heat": 3.25,

If I am interpreting this right, firing one med laser will produce 3.25 units of heat; but firing two would produce 6.5 units of heat plus an additional 1 unit of heat? or would it be two since two med lasers are being fired where each gets the penalty of one?

#8 Buzambo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 07:09 AM

It was a kneejerk reaction. https://wiki.mwomerc...20time%20frame.
page talks about how alpha striking gets penalized. Thanks again!

#9 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 February 2024 - 11:43 AM

https://mwomercs.com.../list/full.json is now an error

#10 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 February 2024 - 07:02 AM

View PostBuzambo, on 17 November 2023 - 09:32 PM, said:

The PAK files contain a bunch of XMLs. I don't remember which one the weapons were, but it's all there somewhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users