Multiple Team Mate Lock On Reticle

3 replies to this topic

#1 PigMonkey

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSome place where I don't know where I am.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

This could be a module or just a change to the targeting HUD

Currently, we have two indications on the reticle. "V" Indicating you can see them but there is no one locked on, and the filled "V" which indicates a team mate is locked on as well. I would like to see the filled "V" circled with a thin line when two alies are targeting the same mech, and circled with a thick line when targeted by more than two.

This would let you know at a glance which mech is being focused on. It will be handy for team work, focus fire, and good for LRM mechs knowing how long they are likely to hold lock.

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

I like the idea of having a module that would help with this endeavor Love the idea..

#3 PigMonkey

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSome place where I don't know where I am.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

one of my great frustrations with PUGs is the lack of team work, I think this would help to allieviate that problem.

#4 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

I'd rather see the Command Console come with a feature like this, only it marks the target you have selected with something bigger and flashier, making it obvious what the focus target is. I know I'd bring a CC (or whatever module PGI might do this with instead) when dropping in a group. It can be surprisingly difficult to call targets based even on letter code and chassis type (well, easy to call, but apparently hard to pick out).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users