ISN News Flash

10 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

Sat. Nov 19, 3048: Jalastar Aerospace posted record profits after first year of its Centurion licensing agreement with Corean Enterprises.

#2 Nakir

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationItaly (Sicily)

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

The Centurion was originally designed to compliment the Trebuchet fire support BattleMech. To allow the Centurion to perform this duty, it was equipped with a heavy and varied arsenal that allows it to strike at enemy units at a variety of ranges. The top speed of the Centurion is 64.8 km/h. While this is slower than the Trebuchet that it guards by 22 km/h, it is capable of keeping up with most fire support 'Mechs and the Centurion has made a reputation for itself as a front line combat 'Mech. In order to keep up with demand, Corean Enterprises licensed the design to Jalastar Aerospace in 3047.

I love Centurion! ^^

Edited by Nakir, 19 November 2011 - 01:07 PM.

#3 Kudzu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the SEC

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

View PostNakir, on 19 November 2011 - 01:06 PM, said:

The Centurion was originally designed to compliment the Trebuchet fire support BattleMech. To allow the Centurion to perform this duty, it was equipped with a heavy and varied arsenal that allows it to strike at enemy units at a variety of ranges. The top speed of the Centurion is 64.8 km/h. While this is slower than the Trebuchet that it guards by 22 km/h, it is capable of keeping up with most fire support 'Mechs and the Centurion has made a reputation for itself as a front line combat 'Mech. In order to keep up with demand, Corean Enterprises licensed the design to Jalastar Aerospace in 3047.

I love Centurion! ^^

Jalastar Aerospace also produced the Centurion aerospace fighter.

#4 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

This probably means it will be in the game. I'm still waiting for Shadow Hawk, though. :)

#5 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

The very first AeroSpace Fighter developed by the Federated Suns, the Centurion boasts surprising longevity in the field for a 30 ton design.

Developing a crash aerospace fighter program after being impressed by the examples produced by the Terran Hegemony, the Federated Suns opted to focus on the twin goals of speed and survivability over firepower. Though primitive when first introduced, the Centurion was well received, equally able to fight in space and atmosphere. Switching to seven an half tons of BattleMech-grade armor, an 240 rated Fusion Engines and increased fuel tankage only enhanced the design and ensured its continued production for centuries.

However, despite the noted role it played in the early history of Davion AeroSpace Fighters, the Centurion fell from grace when the Federated Suns acquired various production lines for theSparrowhawk during the First Succession War. The SLDF fighter's more advanced electronics and ability to fly while damaged side-lined the older fighter, which was quickly shifted to militia forces. Jalastar eventually traded the specifications to the aging fighter to Lockheed/CBM in return for those of the Sabre before closing the original production line in 3000, the now modernizedCenturion only produced on Donegal in the Lyran Commonwealth.

(EDIT: If we're talking about the Centurion Aerospace fighter. I'd love to call in airstrikes.)

Edited by Alistair Steiner, 19 November 2011 - 03:15 PM.

#6 Snuggleduck

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

what about mechs like "PXH-HK2 Phoenix Hawk LAM", "STG-10 Stinger LAM" and "WSP-105 Wasp LAM",
which switch between jet- and battlemech-mode?
is there a chance, LAM´s make it into the game?

Edited by Snuggleduck, 19 November 2011 - 05:07 PM.

#7 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

I think LAMs are grounded dude. Not only would it be difficult to implement, the fact that they were straight rip-offs from Robotech and were never reseen, chances of seeing LAMs are pretty non-existent.

#8 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

I honestly do hate to agree with this, but Doc's telling the truth. Would I love to see them, you better believe it... will we, not bloody likely.

#9 Snuggleduck

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

well, nearly all classic battlemechs have their origin in macross/robotech saga...
rifleman, battlemaster, marauder, locust, wolverine (my personal favorite) and so on, the list is much longer.
the complete mechwarrior/battletech-community know this :lol:
people say the whole battletech idea has its origin in robotech/macross universe.
but i loved the LAM idea so much... why not buy licences for these mechs and implement them into the game =)

#10 Snuggleduck

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

hey guys,
i found this news-article:
http://www.terrania....ech-second.html

#11 Harrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostNakir, on 19 November 2011 - 01:06 PM, said:

I love Centurion! ^^

Its also an urban combat workhorse...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users