Horrible Players

55 replies to this topic

#1 ThatGuy1972

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

Since the release of the clan expansion is it my imagination or are there so many new horrible players? I have been here about three years ,and in that time I had a 2.5 to 1 kill ratio and an almost 2 to 1 win vs loss ratio. Not to boast but I am an asset to my team. But, for the last three months all those ratio's have fallen to almost a 1 to 1 basis based entirely on not being able to win a match because my team is so bad that it is alm0ost laughable. You would think that a game with a turtorial and a target range would have players that could hit something. I can not count the matches I have had where I do over 700 to 800 damage a kill or two and the rest of my team's damage scores start at about 250 and get progressively worse. Nothing is more discouraging then watching a player in a golden Dire Wolf score 49 points of damage with 1 assist. Is it me or are there so many new horrible players that they have now almost ruined the game entirely? Lots of people put effort into getting better, now are forced to carry eight useles players? When will the admin's bother to add a real scoring system so players who are good can group with other players who are good? Some kind of an ELO system that doesnt handy cap a team?

#2 Adiuvo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

The only constant between those matches is you.

#3 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

wait, did you just like your own comment??????!!!!!

#4 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

If you are doing 800 damage and only getting a kill or two, you are doing it wrong.

#5 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

From what I understand the matchmaker tries to keep all players W/L ratio around 1, so the better you are the more likely you are to be stuck with bad teammates.

#6 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

hey you liked your on post ha ha ha

#7 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostThatGuy1972, on 11 August 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

"Horrible Players"

Happen..

We have all had our share of not so great teammates.
You will learn to get used to it.

#8 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 11 August 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

The only constant between those matches is you.

Well, conceivably, another constant may be a bunch of terrible players.

The only certain constant is him. But let's not pretend matchmaker is working properly. It's not even working as intended. And their intention is flawed to begin with.

#9 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

That good and only 2 posts on forums.

Well goldie will not get much cause everybody who sees it shoots it.

250 is a decent score.

And 800 constant, huh. OOOOKKAYYYYY

And you are not in a group because....

#10 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

One match I remember back with a 3 man in the PUG queue...our 3 man managed nearly 2000 more damage than the 9 other PUGs combined, with 10 kills between the three of us.

Posted Image

This isn't even the most extreme example, but it's one I have available.

So, no, nothing's changed. Some matches are just stomps. It happens. You'll find good and bad PUG players, though you'll generally find better players in the Group queue. Not a guarantee.

I'm generally content when half the team manages 200 damage, or when everyone gets 100 damage.

#11 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Funny because since the clan mech release(and new match maker) i went from 1.3 to 1.5 kdr and my win ratio has been positive for the first time since reset.

#12 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

ThatGUY1972
{Since the release of the clan expansion is it my imagination or are there so many new horrible players? I have been here about three years ,and in that time I had a 2.5 to 1 kill ratio and an almost 2 to 1 win vs loss ratio. Not to boast but I am an asset to my team. But, for the last three months all those ratio's have fallen to almost a 1 to 1 basis based entirely on not being able to win a match because my team is so bad that it is alm0ost laughable. You would think that a game with a turtorial and a target range would have players that could hit something. I can not count the matches I have had where I do over 700 to 800 damage a kill or two and the rest of my team's damage scores start at about 250 and get progressively worse. Nothing is more discouraging then watching a player in a golden Dire Wolf score 49 points of damage with 1 assist. Is it me or are there so many new horrible players that they have now almost ruined the game entirely? Lots of people put effort into getting better, now are forced to carry eight useles players? When will the admin's bother to add a real scoring system so players who are good can group with other players who are good? Some kind of an ELO system that doesnt handy cap a team? }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all welcome back to World Of Mechs bud I would assume most of the older more experienced MWO players have moved on to other games because it has become so boring and grandee. The players that are left maybe 20% of the total at the start of closed beta are either very experienced and in there Clan mechs or are Casual players that last a few weeks get bored and move on to other games and come back once a month or so and play a few games .

I have seen very few really new or noob players over this last year.The ELO system Is a farce it never really worked.

Edited by KingCobra, 11 August 2014 - 04:11 PM.

#13 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

I get where your coming from man.

Just came out of a match where 8 players didn't break a hundred, 2 didn't break 200, the second best player did 224 damage. It was all I could do to get just shy of 600 damage and 2 kills....the only 2 kills our team got.

To be fair, one of the guys who didn't break a hundred was a solid player who usually does quite well. But we had absolutely nothing to work with. I just about always shudder when I see another good player on my team. It usually seems to guarantee the the other 10 are about as collectively intelligent as a sack of hammers.

A guy, a decent player gave orders, 2/3 of us went there, one lance went elsewhere (the base of the mountain in alpine) and got wiped out (2 did zero damage). The rest just went into cower mode and the enemy team got aggressive with its 4 kill advantage combined with seeing our team a little scattered.

If I'm lucky, I can salvage one of those types of teams, I can carry pretty damned hard in the right mech. I do often enough to maintain a pretty healthy W/L ratio....which is probably why the MM keeps handing me two lances worth of lobotomites.

But to be fair, the other team is just as gimped. Usually its a case of who's team grows a spine first....

...seriously.

Last night in Terra Therma my team was camping the ramp. They took an arty strike, then I threatened to drop one myself if they didn't grow spines and push or back down the ramp. An enemy dropped an arty on them again, I claimed credit for it in team chat and said air would be dropping on their heads if they didn't grow spines. They moved.

We won 12:2. The enemy team was at the other side of the volcano camping the top of the ramp, none willing to enter being timid just as our team was.

At the end of the match one of the guys complained about the arty I claimed credit for (I have actually done it in other matches too good effect, usually where it doesn't actually do damage but to herd the cattle to where I needed them to go) and I asked "Did you move? Did we win? You guys needed a kick in the ass and it worked."

Edited by TB Freelancer, 11 August 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#14 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostThatGuy1972, on 11 August 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Since the release of the clan expansion is it my imagination or are there so many new horrible players? I have been here about three years ,and in that time I had a 2.5 to 1 kill ratio and an almost 2 to 1 win vs loss ratio. Not to boast but I am an asset to my team. But, for the last three months all those ratio's have fallen to almost a 1 to 1 basis based entirely on not being able to win a match because my team is so bad that it is alm0ost laughable. You would think that a game with a turtorial and a target range would have players that could hit something. I can not count the matches I have had where I do over 700 to 800 damage a kill or two and the rest of my team's damage scores start at about 250 and get progressively worse. Nothing is more discouraging then watching a player in a golden Dire Wolf score 49 points of damage with 1 assist. Is it me or are there so many new horrible players that they have now almost ruined the game entirely? Lots of people put effort into getting better, now are forced to carry eight useles players? When will the admin's bother to add a real scoring system so players who are good can group with other players who are good? Some kind of an ELO system that doesnt handy cap a team?

Elo doesn't represent ANYTHING. Stop listening to anyone that says that Elo is your skill, because it isn't.

Elo is a system designed for 1-1 competitions with a stable player base. This is a 12-12 with a constantly shifting playerbase...that's why PGI decided to artificially inflate players Elo scores after their first 25 matches.

Think about that real quick. The mouthbreathing droolers in their first 25 matches are at the bottom of the chart...stumbling about completely zoomed in, shooting each other in the back....and, theoretically, we don't see them in the solo pug at all (questionably). As soon as they hit match 26, they're given an Elo score that puts them SOLIDLY in the mid-range. There are a lot of us in the mid-range with over 2000 matches under our belts...we earned the right to be there. After their first 25 matches, according to Russ and Paul, they're called "veterans."

But, those morons at PGI have decided they're our equals....which means, basically, that we're required to carry them.

They re-wrote the matchmaker to make sure that each team has an equal Elo average. If you're on a team that has everyone in the mid-range, you're going to win because the other team has a couple of high Elo players that are trying to carry a bunch of idiots that didn't learn anything from their 25 matches.

Get used to it. This is Paul and Russ' "new player experience." The better you are, the more you're supposed to carry.

My suggestion to you, and what works for me, is this: "Veterans" are tools. You know it and I know it. So, what do you do with a tool? You use it. So, use your "veterans" like tools. Let them go first. Let them draw fire. Stand behind them and fire at will whenever you see a red triangle (it's not like they wouldn't shoot you in the back, right?). Play like them, just a little better. No sense in doing a whole lot better.....soon, you'll find yourself all alone, wondering where all the guys that said "please lock targets" at the beginning of the match went. Screw 'em. They're not worth anything except as cannon fodder.

White Knights: Got a problem with that? Tough, deal with it. As long as I'm not TKing them, I'm golden. You want the Derps to play better...make an Alt account, go into the Derp queue and teach them better. Or, better yet, go to Twitter and massage Paul and Russ' egos until they make a damn tutorial that's worth a crap. Until then, screw 'em.

#15 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

bahahahaha*

*still laughing that you liked your own comment

#16 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

WOW I think little Willard Phule and ThatGuy need a hug? there totally buttttt hurt and have inflated there heads and skill level to leet33 status and cannot play with nice with other MWO pilots loll.

Posted Image

Edited by KingCobra, 11 August 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#17 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Elo doesnt push you to 1.0 w/l. The higher your Elo the better your opponents will be. That isit. If you stop improving you will flatten out. You finally got good enough to stop clubbing seals I guess?

The idea that yoy are so amazinngly good that the matchmaker is trying to stack games against you....

Really?

#18 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted Image

#19 Koryitsu

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Just gonna chime in here. I've actually played with you ThatGuy, and i called you out in game as being toxic. You were berating the team for the same stuff.

You have to understand that YES, the clans attracted new players. Of course it did. New players is good. This means more players to help fund the game so you dont have to? Or if you do, then the value of each dollar you spend gets better with every one others spend!

Regardless... The games you were bitching about that i saw you in?

You were in group queue man. I was with you.

(Meaning you chose some of your own teammates, and ignored the advice of our allied team who has 15+ combined years of MWO experience under them.)

Sleep in the bed you make, good sir.

Edited by Koryitsu, 11 August 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#20 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 11 August 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

White Knights: Got a problem with that? Tough, deal with it. As long as I'm not TKing them, I'm golden. You want the Derps to play better...make an Alt account, go into the Derp queue and teach them better. Or, better yet, go to Twitter and massage Paul and Russ' egos until they make a damn tutorial that's worth a crap. Until then, screw 'em.

If you play like that the only thing you're hurting is your own W/L.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users