9 replies to this topic

#1 Nickredace

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 39 posts
  • LocationIn my Direwolf...

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

My suggestion is to add the Ability to have Power-armors integrated into a Mech.

(Update 1.01 - New Version of Integration)

From Reading your comments, I've realized that Wearing Power-Armor in a Mech is not very plausible.
So Instead I have Created this new addition, To use a Power-Armor, you would now need to first buy & equip a specialized module that would allow you to Integrate Power-Armor into your Mech, (Thus making this an modular option, meaning it would not be stock, think of it in an omnipod sorta way) Then the Acual Power-Armor would be equip-able (as equipment) Only to the center Torso which will take up two slots, and 1 ton (Since both weight only 1 ton). If either of the torsos are destroyed the Power-Armor would take about 15% damage, if both torsos are destroyed then the Power-Armor would take 25% damage, if both are destroyied and your center torso is critical then the Power-Armor would take 45% damage. (Damages may or may not destroy weapons with the power-Armor.

When the Ejection button is pressed while you have the Power-Armor, you will be pulled back into the Mech, (pulled into the center torso) in which you will be enclosed into a Power-Armor, then Launching you forward out of the cockpit (this is subject to change into launching you out of the back of the Mech)

Also Thank you all for your comments, it really helps.

Lets face it, when a Mech has taken a large amount of damage, and lost your weapons, your useless. But what if you had the ability to eject, and still fight on?

My Brother Andi Nagaski has created a great Ejection system already, that is up for suggestion here "MWO EJECTION & SELF-DESTRUCT"

Using his system of Ejection for those without power-armor.

The Power-Armor would be an equipment addition to your Mech. One that has size and weight, meaning that it adds, size and weight to your Mech. Power-Armors aren't the most heavily armored or equipped, hell some don't even have weapons such as the, "Gray Death Scout". But they will allow downed Mechs pilots to continue fighting even when their Mech has fallen.

Now for Example lets take The Clan Nova (NVA-B)

Its basic starting build, it has full weight capacity. So lets remove the machine gun and its ammo, we now freed a about 1.5 tons. Now lets look at the first, Battle-Armor.

The Elemental.
It weights 1,000Kg, a top speed of 10.8km/h and wields 1-Detachable SRM-2, 1 Modular Weapon mount, and 1 Anti-Personnel Weapon mount. its Cost 500,000 C-Bills.

Anti-Personnel Weapons Are Infantry, weapons mostly used against other Power armors or Support weapons that are weak variants of Mech weapons such as Micro Lasers.

A Modular Weapon mount is simply a mount where any weapon can be placed as long as there is space and weight.

The Elemental would be inserted into the Mech. The Nova would weight the same as if it had the machine guns, but now has a variant of the elemental inside as a back up. The Variants of the Elemental are quite diverse from the Anti-Infantry "HeadHunter" Variant to the AP Gauss Equipped "Fire" Variant. (AP Anti-Personnel)

But how would this work in Game???

Well the ejection system that my brother made, can serve quite well for the Deployment system of the Power-Armor. When the Ejection Button is pressed while you have a power-Armor equipped, you will instead be placed inside the Armor before being launched from the Mech.
(If the Power-Armor Lacks, Boosters you will take some leg damage)

When launched your Mech will power down and become un-usable.But if it survives the match you will still get salvage for it.

N
O
W

For the Technical Aspect of these Power-Armors.

For Non Clans to have access to them, the ,"TIMELINE" would need to be pushed forward 3 years, as the first Inter Sphere Power Armors don't come out into 3052.

Power-Armors would still have heat and Ammunition Limitations as they are quite frankly miniature Mechs.

For the Inter Sphere Power-Armor it is equipped with a Modular Weapon system as well, though it is limited with Personnel weapons to a, flamer, machine gun, small laser, SRM-2, or One-shot (A one shot Missle that does extra damage) It weights 1 ton, can run 10km/h and costs 400,000 C-Bills

All Power-Armors can be destroyed by being stepped on. For both of these Power-Armors a good, medium laser or AC-5 Strike will mostly likely Cripple or kill them.

There is around 76 different power armors available in the Battle-Tech Universe.

[All information above was Interpeted and/or Created by Nickredace using Research from the Main Battle-Tech Website (BattleTechWiki) as well as Andi Nagaski's "MWO EJECTION & SELF-DESTRUCT" forum post ( Links to all Sources are below]

[http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Inner_Sphere_Standard]
[http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Modular_Weapon_Mount]
[http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Elemental_(battle_armor)]
[http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anti-Personnel_Weapon_Mount]
[http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/167503-mwo-ejection-self-destruct/]

Edited by Nickredace, 13 August 2014 - 09:15 PM.

#2 WM Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 171 posts
  • LocationQuit breaking the game, or changing irrelevant stuff and fix the bugs from closed beta.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

View PostNickredace, on 12 August 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

My suggestion is to add the Ability to have Power-armors integrated into a Mech.

There is around 76 different power armors available in the Battle-Tech Universe.

And none of them ever integrated in to the cockpit of a mech. I would not want MWO focusing on adding this or any other combined arms (air as well as powered armor).

#3 Nickredace

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostWM Wraith, on 12 August 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

And none of them ever integrated in to the cockpit of a mech. I would not want MWO focusing on adding this or any other combined arms (air as well as powered armor).

Its true that non of them Were Originally Integrated into the Cockpit of a Mech, but if there was space in the Mech, it wouldn't be entirely impossible to add it to the cockpit/torso.

Also would you mind inquiring on, Why you would not want them focusing on Combined arms? Would you be okay if a third party assisted and made this as an addition?

Edited by Nickredace, 12 August 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#4 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

I'd rather see tanks and armor vehicles make it in before adding Power Armor of any kind.

This sort of gameplay was present in MW:LL and for me personally it was one of the things I liked the least. Part of it was being a fan of the fiction Power armor was never integrated into any mech, even later when they had the technology no one felt the need. The closest thing they had was the Redline Mechwarrior suit, which was a more advanced cooling system for the pilots to prevent from passing out in the heat for heavy energy mechs.

So, I'd vote 'No' on this particular issue.

#5 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

It sounds like Titanfall might be the game to play if you want a feature like this.

#6 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

This game is about piloting a 'Mech. There should never, ever be any kind of option that allows the piloting of anything else.

#7 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 12 August 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

This game is about piloting a 'Mech. There should never, ever be any kind of option that allows the piloting of anything else.

Weird, I thought this was Mech Warrior Online? Mech Warrior has, as far as I know, always had little Tanks, Aerospace fighters, Long-Tom Artillery emplacements, infantry divisions, and attack helicopters. Eh, what do I know, I'm not a huge fan of the series.

#8 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

IIRC MechAssault tried this, but it was set during the Jihad, which is a good 20 years out.

#9 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:48 AM

IIRC, the only known user of Battle Armor within a 'Mech cockpit is the Bounty Hunter, who near-constantly wore a Star League era PA(L) (Power Armor - Light) suit (which is, or is based on, the Nighthawk design).

Also, one of the mods at the BT forum states, "According to the Battlecorps story "A man walks into a bar on Solaris VII" (reprinted in Weapons Free), the Hunter's PA(L) suit has cooling built in, and all his team's 'Mechs are modified so he can sit in the command couch".
See also: "BattleTech: Dossiers - The Bounty Hunter".

While it evidently isn't impossible to do from an in-universe perspective, that it is done by only one person in the whole of the canonical IS should be telling...

#10 Nickredace

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

View PostThe Flying Gecko, on 12 August 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

Weird, I thought this was Mech Warrior Online? Mech Warrior has, as far as I know, always had little Tanks, Aerospace fighters, Long-Tom Artillery emplacements, infantry divisions, and attack helicopters. Eh, what do I know, I'm not a huge fan of the series.

Yes it has, thank you for noticing that fact. Mechwarrior series has always had other forms of vehicles, that have been fighting and assisting you. Even in this game you have Airstrikes and Artillery strikes, but what about tanks, or other weapon platforms? Thank you "Flying Gecko"

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 12 August 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

True... But since they have the licence of BattleTech which isn't Just about piloting a Mech, Shouldn't they have more of the universe? We're talking about bringing a part of the Mechwarrior's Soul which is BattleTech in to this game. Yes its called Mechwarrior but in past Mechwarrior games Such was Mechwarrior 3/Pirate's moon you can pilot a Power-Armor.

View PostMirkk Defwode, on 12 August 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

I'd rather see tanks and armor vehicles make it in before adding Power Armor of any kind.

This sort of gameplay was present in MW:LL and for me personally it was one of the things I liked the least. Part of it was being a fan of the fiction Power armor was never integrated into any mech, even later when they had the technology no one felt the need. The closest thing they had was the Redline Mechwarrior suit, which was a more advanced cooling system for the pilots to prevent from passing out in the heat for heavy energy mechs.

So, I'd vote 'No' on this particular issue.

I some what agree with you, tanks and armored vehicles should Definitely be included, as they are a good portion of the universe and in prior games. But on your comment of ,"Fan Fiction of Power armor being integrated into a Mech" Lets look into the fact that this is a game, this addition is possible in the universe, and would not be a hindrance on any of the story.
The Fact that the two Power-Armors are in existence at 3052, and Power armor is just an armored exoskeleton, and an exoskeleton is an enhanced space suit, for construction and etc. Then it is much more plausible that Pilots could have in fact added them into a mech.

View PostStrum Wealh, on 13 August 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

IIRC, the only known user of Battle Armor within a 'Mech cockpit is the Bounty Hunter, who near-constantly wore a Star League era PA(L) (Power Armor - Light) suit (which is, or is based on, the Nighthawk design).

Also, one of the mods at the BT forum states, "According to the Battlecorps story "A man walks into a bar on Solaris VII" (reprinted in Weapons Free), the Hunter's PA(L) suit has cooling built in, and all his team's 'Mechs are modified so he can sit in the command couch".
See also: "BattleTech: Dossiers - The Bounty Hunter".

While it evidently isn't impossible to do from an in-universe perspective, that it is done by only one person in the whole of the canonical IS should be telling...

True, but as I have read everyone's posts I understand that wearing a power-Armor inside the cockpit is difficult in the least. So I have edited and created a new way of keeping the power-Armor in the mech without wearing it, Please Read update.

(Update to the forum post - Power-Armor is not in Cockpit, please read)

Edited by Nickredace, 13 August 2014 - 07:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users