How Do I Reassign Keys On Keyboard? K

Question

10 replies to this topic

#1 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:48 AM

I'm trying to put airstrike and artillery on "Home" and "End", because somehow airstrike got unassigned and artillery got reassigned to "Insert". (I never changed the commands. And yes, I had run the Repair-tool in the meantime, but for other reasons.)

But I just can't get it done. What am I when supposed to click, push or double-click?

#2 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:55 AM

Sometimes the keybinings get reset after a patch, but that doesn't apply to all people and occurs at complete random.

It's also a simple click to select and then double click to bind a key. It's not rocket science.

EDIT:
The UI has a known issue that when you scroll, the fields will show your old bindings, but the new ones are actually there. You just have to hit save to see it.

Edited by SethAbercromby, 13 August 2014 - 03:59 AM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

to reset them click on settings (bottom right or the Mechlab screen)
then click on keyboard settings
scroll down the list until you find the relevant command
double click it
press the key/button you are after reassigning it to
click save

the key should now be reassigned

#4 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:26 AM

In the patch where they revamped the module system, they changed the keybinds for some of the modules.

They added two new keybinding options for "Use Consumable Slot 1" and "Use Consumable Slot 2", and they gave them default keybindings (delete and end, I think?). If you had anything bound to those keys beforehand, those bindings were removed and replaced with the new default ones.

#5 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

You double-click the the key you want to change inside the game options in MWO and click the key/mouse key that you want in question:

Key binds are important because putting the most important keys for mech movement and functions close together, allows you to move fluidly in game and "respond" quicker than your enemy. Obviously ,you want to map the most "important" keys in the game around your movement (since movement is the #1 priority), thus, you may choose arrow keys, ASWD, ASDF, or hell, even the paranthesis keys for movement i.e. [ for left, ] for right, + for 100% throttle, - for stop, backspace for invert throttle, etc..e tc...

I made a video about keybinds in for Battlefield but the same can be applied to MechWarrior:

It's an overlooked concept and most people just play with default settings and obviously thats absurd, because at the competitive level, you want to maximize your performance in every category (frames per second, keyboard, mouse, everything )

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostDI3T3R, on 13 August 2014 - 03:48 AM, said:

But I just can't get it done. What am I when supposed to click, push or double-click?

Double click but it's got to be rapid, the game is very unsensitive. I've been complaining about this issue for a while.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

With consumables, I'd recommend adjusting to the new 2 slot system and assigning the keybind in that way. Also, it matters what order they are stored in your mechback now since slot 1 is used with a specific key (home or insert or something) and slot 2 is a separate key (unless I'm mistaken, they are the old default binds for air and arty strikes thus explaining your initial issue)

#8 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

Check out this vid. I show you how to use the key bindings. The keyboard is about 10 minutes in. http://mwomercs.com/...-game-settings/

#9 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:45 AM

View PostKoniving, on 13 August 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

Double click but it's got to be rapid, the game is very unsensitive. I've been complaining about this issue for a while.

I had to click really fast. The sequence was right-click (to get into a neutral state?), double-click, button. I needed 3 tries.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:53 AM

View PostDI3T3R, on 14 August 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

I had to click really fast. The sequence was right-click (to get into a neutral state?), double-click, button. I needed 3 tries.

Glad I'm not the only one. I have complained about this since the UI 2.0 first came out.
"Nothing is wrong with it."
Bull.

#11 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

The double-click is stubborn. I've never had any trouble with it but it does seem to need a pretty precise double-click

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users