Gone 9 Months....

Gameplay

39 replies to this topic

#1 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

...and what do I come back to? No CW, Clans and IS dropping together, Ghost Heat the magnum opus is still here, new UI is garbage, terrible balance changes, matchmaker still sucks, devs are still condescending and arrogant, the devs freely admit they didn't work on the game because they weren't sure they were going to keep the license, apathetic player base that is slowly dieing.

Wow....and i thought I was over exagerating when I predicted planetary combat wouldn't hit till 2015.

Why did I come back to the forums you ask PGI?

Posted Image

Edited by Xie Belvoule, 13 August 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#2 ThisMachineKillsFascists

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostXie Belvoule, on 13 August 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

...and what do I come back to? No CW, Clans and IS dropping together, Ghost Heat the magnum opus is still here, new UI is garbage, terrible balance changes, matchmaker still sucks, devs are still condescending and arrogant, the devs freely admit they didn't work on the game because they weren't sure they were going to keep the license, apathetic player base that is slowly dieing.

Wow....and i thought I was over exagerating when I predicted planetary combat wouldn't hit till 2015.

Posted Image

i play it only because its the only half sim mech-game atm. Other than that its a crap game with crap balance, crap matchmaker and ultra crap graphic performance

#3 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

Posted Image
Nice Vindicator shades.

#4 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

PGI actually managed to get the "core" fundamentals of driving a robot fairly well, and the artstyle (for the most part)...

But that's as far as it goes. For the rest, it needs some serious polish and/or outright rebuilding from scratch in some areas. It's one of those games where you have the feels that it coulda/shoulda/woulda been totally amazeballs, but didn't quite reach that bar.

#5 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Also, the Clans and IS dropping together is normal, they're just ahead of their time...
Posted Image

#6 Foxfire kadrpg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

lol. I translated this to mean "stop liking the things I hate" as well as "I have no idea how to code an application for twenty four simultanious clients online, but expect that it is something a person can easily accomplish in a couple of hours... therefore, the creators of this game are purposefully choosing not to create the utopian experience I demand of them."

I play this game because I like having a single life, team based engagement where fire rates are so ponderous, you have to co-ordinate positions with your team rather than gun someone down from behind.

If your concept of how this game should be is so strikingly popular, and your perception of software development ease is true... then you should REALLY make a game on your own.

Seriously... if in a couple of months you can have EVERYTHING that EVERYONE is demanding, you could make a LOT of money with it.

#7 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

Cool story bro. Do you have anything useful to contribute or are you just another Forum Troll?

#8 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostFoxfire kadrpg, on 13 August 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

lol. I translated this to mean "stop liking the things I hate" as well as "I have no idea how to code an application for twenty four simultanious clients online, but expect that it is something a person can easily accomplish in a couple of hours... therefore, the creators of this game are purposefully choosing not to create the utopian experience I demand of them."

I play this game because I like having a single life, team based engagement where fire rates are so ponderous, you have to co-ordinate positions with your team rather than gun someone down from behind.

If your concept of how this game should be is so strikingly popular, and your perception of software development ease is true... then you should REALLY make a game on your own.

Seriously... if in a couple of months you can have EVERYTHING that EVERYONE is demanding, you could make a LOT of money with it.

Posted Image

View Postcdlord, on 13 August 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

Cool story bro. Do you have anything useful to contribute or are you just another Forum Troll?

I read this as....

Posted Image

#9 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

While a lot of your criticism is valid, some is a bit too generalized, and the White Knights (The Corpuscles of the MWO host) are now descending on you to envelope and absorb you.

#10 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

Looks like someone left MWO and then decided to come into foums to attempt to convince others that they actually have a life.
Seriously Chief.. Who's laughing at who..??
"ATTEMPT FAILED"
They knew you would be back, you see MWO is the wellspring from which you flow, when it is gone, it will be as if you never existed. <--- Modded Conan quote. :wub:

Edited by Odins Fist, 13 August 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#11 waterfowl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

These forums are not your personal blog OP

#12 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Gone 9 months?

Some people bring happiness where ever they go, others when ever they go.

See you at the reunion.

#13 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

Pointless thread is pointless.

#14 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 13 August 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

While a lot of your criticism is valid, some is a bit too generalized, and the White Knights (The Corpuscles of the MWO host) are now descending on you to envelope and absorb you.

Thats cool....

Posted Image

#15 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 13 August 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Pointless thread is pointless.

Posted Image

#16 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

Posted Image

Who the hell is that fruitcake?

He doesn't look to be in any position to be laughing at anyone...

#17 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostCarrie Harder, on 13 August 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

PGI actually managed to get the "core" fundamentals of driving a robot fairly well, and the artstyle (for the most part)...

I'd agree however there are still some massive glaring flaws... Mech size and resulting relative speed being one of the major ones... Most mechs are 50%+ taller than they should be in canon... The result is something that would easily weigh 300+ tons masquerading as something that weighs 100 tons... I have no idea who's paint chip eating idea it was to bloat the size of mechs to the level they are in this game, however I hope that they no longer have a job.

Edited by lartfor, 13 August 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#18 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostXie Belvoule, on 13 August 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

http&#58;//www.daviddino.com/sazabiumad1.jpg

Not at all. I think this thread is going places.

#19 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 13 August 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

Who the hell is that fruitcake?

He doesn't look to be in any position to be laughing at anyone...

Posted Image

#20 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostCarrie Harder, on 13 August 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

Yeah, but that was two years ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users