• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Hail,

Khan of Clan Diamond Shark / Merc Corp Diamond Shiver here. I have been a fan of Mechwarrior since it's earliest incarnations and have been so happy to have this version that we're all testing out. After being unemployed and stranded in Houston, I made my way back to NYC where I got enough money together to build a system just for MWO.

I've been playing since and have been part of an amazing community. At the beginning of the year (Jan 3050) I learned that I have cancer. A rare form called Medulary Thyroid Carcinoma. Thanks to MWO, my clan, and the american/european comstar server communities I have kept my strength and sanity by playing mechwarrior online... so much so I have managed to play through my founders bonus and have purchased every cbill purchasable mech in the game with most of them being taken to master status.

Thank you for being there for me and I'm hoping that the community will help me once again. I have been awarded a Fulbright scholarship to study internet addiction in Beijing, China but because of my cancer I've been left financially destitute. I'm trying to raise money so that I can be a cultural ambassador (representing MWO and the United States) while taking care of my 92 year old great-grandmother. I hope that the community will help me out by donating at and sharing http://www.gofundme.com/CancerToFulbright

Thank you...

Edited by Daisu Saikoro, 02 August 2013 - 04:39 AM.

#2 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Hi Daisu

Will certainly try to help out with a little when I get my next unemployment payment. .

Good luck!

#3 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

Thank you sir. Every little bit helps.

#4 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Hail Daisu!

I truly hope in my heart that you achieve your goal and every goal you set on the way, because you truly worth it my friend. I will support as much as i can myself :) Be strong, keep your hopes high and fight with the determination and tenacity of the shark; the fights in our real lives are most of the times the toughest ones to beat. But there's always something good around the corner ;)

A truly great mate and worthwhile cause :)

~Seyla!~

#5 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hail Brut4ce,

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. It's not easy putting myself out here. I never asked for cancer, but now that I have it and it's something I'll have to deal with in different ways for the rest of my life I am going to overcome. Knowing that my life expectancy over the next 5 years is only 80% and that there's a 60% chance my cancer type will return in the next 2 years because it was in Stage 3 is ... well, difficult to live with but I want to do things for others. I want to help out and will do so in either addiction or cancer research.

I'm not sure what path I'll walk down directly, but in any case I will make my life count for something... It's like the scene in Saving Private Ryan.

Thank you men... Really. I think of how many people have viewed and seen my story yet you are the ones who have supported me. It really makes me want to tear up.

<S>

KDSN

#6 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:55 AM

Hail Daisu,

No thanks is necessary mate :)

Btw a small correction to the link you posted as it is probably typed wrong in the OP and does not work if ppl click on it ;)

http://www.gofundme....ncerToFulbright

<S>

#7 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

Thanks so much for noticing my mistake.

Part 1.

Part 2.

Part 3.

Each video has a special item at the end (a reaction video to 2girls1cup, a depeche mode song, and my great grandmother's singing dog....

Please watch, donate, and share. I didn't ask for cancer but now that I have it I'm going to beat it!

#8 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

Your cancer will not return, your life expectancy in the next 5 years is 100%. Anything less in unacceptable!
You are a fighter.
I wish you a great journey to China.

P.S check email and the books I linked :)

*bumping this thread as well :D

#9 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

Thank you Taigen and everyone. A year later and I'm still going strong.

You are good people. Really good people. :~(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users