More Game Modes & Meta Game Please

7 replies to this topic

#1 MadTulip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

I have 66 mechs. There should be a reason to not only play the best with the +30%. Getting new ones cant be main part of the game anymore. The game needs more content in the form of game modes, meta gaming (CW) and maps.

Edited by MadTulip, 14 August 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#2 Loganauer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

PGI has already said they're working on a leveling system for community warfare and I'm pretty sure they're adding more achievements, there's your meta game.

They're also working on other game modes http://www.mwomercs.com/theplan#

http://mwomercs.com/...e-to-see-added/
http://mwomercs.com/...based-gameplay/

Here's some game mode request threads that actually offer up suggestions.

#3 Pendraco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 469 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

I am just back from an extended break (Since January) and I remember talk of a mode that would allow everyone to choose several 'Mechs to drop in. If killed you would be dropped in the second 'Mech you selected to bring..etc. That would be really interesting and would set the scene for some truly epic battles!

#4 MadTulip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

yea, i hope that ressources are focused on theese things now. i believe this is what the game needs the most atm.

the game modes listed in the link above seem nice, but its still the problem that you do not benefit from all the mechs you have available. same for achievements.

I was playing a java implementation of the battletech board game where you would join a house and fight for its planets on the inner sphere map. every player could win or loose percentages of planets in his games for his faction. The units you would use to play came from house specific factories on those planets. you would order a heavy mech and just get one that was available. you coudnt select a specific one. you could only order more once the onces you had where lost in battle. you couldnt run low on them, its just that you needed to play with what ressources your faction had available.

that resultet in very interesting situations where you just didnt want that one good heavy you where assigned to get killed so you could use it more often and also very different battles where you just had to play with the "stuff" available.

This can of course not be translated directly to mwo, but i would like to see some similar way which would give meaning to the losses of a match and limit the availability of troops. maybe by encouraging (with i.e. more cbill reward) to use the units currently available to your house. there could be daily or 12h production cycles of the whole faction which add mechs to the pool, or your own unit could just have pools of mechs that can be used for increased rewards/effect. refilling of those pools could depend of factories or other long term investments of the group.

i would imagine CW as the game around those planets, factories and production pools requiring you to make the best of the ressources (mechs) at hand. I do hope that it is not just another layer of "grind exp for pilot level" which only affects yourself in the best mech available to you.

my bla for today.

Edited by MadTulip, 14 August 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#5 Loganauer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

"The Plan" has a pretty solid list of what PGI's priorities are.

Honestly, I'd rather have more focus on balancing. 10v12, cone of fire spread, longer recycle times, and real heat penalties[not increasing heat on weapons, but making functions work less effectively when heat goes up], instead of more game modes. As fun as more game modes would be.

#6 MadTulip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

Well balancing is the "small game" and of course very important. but the small game is loosing content, even if it is balanced at some point. the meta game around it needs to connect the meaningless single FPS games with some long term effects for teams of people in the form of clans/houses/factions.

#7 Loganauer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

Community Warfare is going to be adding a lot of content to the game that I think will change the entire game significantly. There will be a huge meta surrounding it.

That was the community warfare reveal and all the content with it. They're working on it. Balancing would take a lot less effort than this.

#8 MadTulip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

yea, i just dont think they will get it right :D. i draw that exspectation from the n=50 trials over the last 2,5years which all returned zero, or at least "initially extremly bug ridden". I hope they manage to do it as well as i exspect it, but i doubt it. but lets see.

Edited by MadTulip, 14 August 2014 - 02:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users