#1 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

Hi alltogether,

there are only very few dragon mechs from time to time in the game. Mostly because the main build (gauss, ml) is crippled by the charge-mechanic of the gauss. You miss too many shots, when u play as a striker or flanker, running around 100 kph.

So my idea: Give the chassis a quirk. If a (single) gauss is equipped AND you´re buying and using a special module, you can fire the gauss without charge.
Without the module it should behave as it is now.

Why the dragons? My idea would be a way to help the chassis a little. Dragons already were hard to ride before the gauss-charge-mechanic was implemented. After this implementation the chassis was put into the mechhanger taking dust forever.

I think, we should test this. My idea also opens options for other chassis-quirks that could give some mechs certain roles. More diversity = more fun.

What do you think?

#2 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

I believe it did get some quirks recently. I think it was AC cooldown reduction and torso twist speed increase. The Awesome got some heat reductions and CT damage resistance too. It definitely paves the way for more IS chassis quirks to help them in particular roles.

#3 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

Aye, but that "quirks" are no real help for dragon-pilots. The dragon suffers from its huge CT and it´s suboptimal mixture of weight and hardpoints. It´s unable to mount an ac20 due to slot limitations.

PGI should really think of giving "role-quirks" to some mech chassis. The gauss-charge should being able to be shut off, when you equip only one gaussrifle.

#4 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:09 AM

I see where you're coming from, and I'd like to see it get a buff to CT like the Awesome did (and an AC/20 :( ), but they did give it a quirk based on what it's supposed to use: Autocannons. Only one variant ever came with a Gauss and it doesn't appear until 3060-ish.

Edit: just checked my Dragons in the mechlab, it just says 'ballistic cooldown reduction', so that could actually mean Gauss as well.

Edited by CyborgDragon, 15 August 2014 - 03:10 AM.

#5 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:19 AM

Nice to see another dragon-fan here :( I used to have my fang and flame as my two main mechs and I liked the competition that came with this (more difficult that others) chassis. And I think I know what I´m talking about.
Some mates and me talked a lot about how the dragon could get a place in MWO. And my suggestion could be a proper solution.

The flame can carry an ac20 in it´s ST. No question. But the dragon has to be used as a fast mech. It has a quite high and wide body. A slow dragon is a dead dragon :huh:

Let´s hope the devs take notice of this thread

#6 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

This is making me want to play my Dragons again, it's been way too long. The devs are definitely taking a step in the right direction improving the 'inferior' chassis'. Here's hoping it gets another pass over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users