- - - - -

Trial Mechs

6 replies to this topic

#1 Not Elvis

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

When I go to the mechlab and filter my owned mechs, trial mechs show up on this list. This was really confusing and disappointing when I started because I thought I really owned them. Why are they showing up when there is a Trial tab on the left side? I don't understand the filtering system so can someone tell me how to display just my owned mechs?

Thanks.

#2 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

My guess is that it is done this way due to coding limitations, since you have to "own" a mech to use it. In the end just treat them as free, both in terms of cost as well as mech bay.

#3 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

[redacted] we've been asking them to take the trials out of the list since UI 2.0 was released but apparently if they did that it would delay CW for 9 months or something. I think their definition of "own" is not the actual definition but "Mechs you can use right now"

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 17 August 2014 - 12:47 PM.
Developer abuse

#4 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

I really think it is part of the marketing.. after all, the company would close down if no one ever bought anything....

I could careless if we could filter them out... But i would really wish they would put the ones on "trial" at the very top of the page, perhaps a line above what we own, that way it is just easier to sort them when we are wanting to use the one we want

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:50 AM

I'd like them to stay sorted to "Trial." That way if I want to play them (and I do play them from time to time) I can just click on Trial, pick one out, and then go. We'll also have a lot fewer "Why do I have to spend real money to customize my mech" questions.

Granted, I've got 130 mechbays and 128 mechs so it's hard to really notice the trial mechs, but... they are still in the way, and I almost 'accidentally' bought one by clicking the wrong Kintaro 18. You can imagine how annoying that could be if it went through right away instead of asking me to confirm. "What? No. No. NO!! NOOOOOOO!!!!"

#6 PanzerSmurf

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:34 AM

Trail mechs are a confusion for new players, at least it was for me, and I'm pretty use to online games.

I first thought those where owned mechs, until I realized I couldn't customize them, which I did see was possible on first checking some youtube video's for the game.

So my first thought was "omg they patched out building your own mech and you only have preloaded ones".

Only too later discovered the Store and such (which btw could use some filters).

There should be a in game tutorial too follow until you actually buy your first mech (and maybe a small tutorial for modding it too when you do).

In fact, the mechbay and store could use a lot more filters next too tutorials which would greatly improve gameplay and basic interface interaction......

I love the game, but one of the worst interfaces I've seen in a game so far simply due too the lack of a filtering option while certain pages have about a 100 items.

A in game general chat room would also do wonders for new players and most likely veterans too.

Edited by PanzerSmurf, 16 August 2014 - 04:07 AM.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostPanzerSmurf, on 16 August 2014 - 03:34 AM, said:

Only too later discovered the Store and such (which btw could use some filters).

Tip: The store was tacked in as a last minute complaint when the UI almost was finished (for not being functional or even tangible). It's got a lot of issues and is incomplete.

Instead, click on Mechlab. Filter.
"Purchasable."
Posted Image

You can then filter lights, mediums, heavies, assaults, champions only and heroes only. As well as click them, see them, etc.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users