and can we please have clan mechs so we can test load outs

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

Do you mean Training Grounds or Testing Grounds?

In the Testing Grounds any mech you select can be taken in.

#3 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

View PostKoniving, on 16 August 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

In the Testing Grounds any mech you select can be taken in.

Explain, please, how to test a mech that you do not own before buying it.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostModo44, on 16 August 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

Explain, please, how to test a mech that you do not own before buying it.

He's got the warhawk package... he owns them all. (Dire Wolf package, okay he owns half of them.)
Though I do see your point.
It's why I think trials should also include all the stock mechs and for the love of god separate them from the owned mechs. Maybe even list them as stock, as that'd be great for the stock mech Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

Though honestly what free to play game lets you test out weapons before you buy them?
I recall many games with 30 dollar sniper rifles, and about the only way to test them is to spend a little money on black or gold box keys for random boxes which gives you a random cash gun for 1 to 90 days. Emphasis on the completely random, and usually you didn't get a gun.

I mean it would be fantastic and would certainly raise my opinion of PGI... but aside from a separate application I don't see how they'd manage it. (Mabinogi had something similar. For example before spending the millions of gold necessary or hours of time in buying or crafting outfits you could see how they look and even pick up recipes from a separate mini-application to literally pre-design an appearance from race, features, attire, weapon etc. Couldn't use it to try against monsters or anything but it's the closest thing I've ever seen).

Edited by Koniving, 16 August 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#5 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostKoniving, on 16 August 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

Though honestly what free to play game lets you test out weapons before you buy them?

War Thunder, for example. Any vehicle you can research (to buy) can be taken out for a spin -- before you start the research. This includes all of their hero mech equivalents, by the way. The argument is the same as that for giving trial mechs some camos and cockpit items. The customer sees more of the awesome, the customer is more likely to want it. (It would be especially helpful with mechs: They require a considerable investment, and who likes to deal with refunds.)

Edited by Modo44, 16 August 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

Now you're looking at far better developers. ;)
That's expecting a bit much from a small studio that somehow made a lot more money on far less and should by all rights and reason be able to afford to make a better game with a larger team but...hasn't.

The notion would be nice, however. It'd certainly help me justify the concept of paying full price rather than waiting for the 50% off sales on new hero mechs.

#7 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

Greetings all,

At one time, long ago, there was talk from PGI about two separate 'training and testing areas' that could be used.

- We didn't get that and instead received the 'paid' private match's.

But the OP is correct in that being able to see the Mech in action could sway a lot of players into actually buying that chassis.

On another note:
I would like to see some additional options presented in the current testing grounds we have now, possibly selections to turn on or off, depending on what you need tested.

1. At least one Mech target that carries ECM
2. At least one Mech target that is moving along a set route.
(moving targets practice, very few in-game targets are standing still)

3. At least one Mech target that will return fire if engaged and in range, stops when out of range.

Just some idea's,
9erRed

#8 kongman

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

i mean we need more targets in the testing grounds , all we have in there is IS mechs , we need a mix of all different mechs in there ......we got up against clan mechs all the time , bit i cant test shooting at them to find weak spots

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users