Critical Hit Damage Through Low Armor Incorrectly Calculated

Bug Report

No replies to this topic

#1 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

Bug Location: In-game, both in a training grounds and live drops.

Steps to Reproduce: Load up a private match with your opponent setup in a known loadout. Example: A Spider with 19 armor points in an arm with at least one weapon equipped in said arm.

Fire an AC/20 into said location. Watch a weapon/equipment/ect get destroyed by a critical hit even though it had 19 points of armor.

Reproduction Rate: 100% (assuming a critical hit is happening)

Bug Evidence: Pending screen captures.

Bug Description: If the location has less armor points than the damage a weapon is applying to it, then the leftover damage has a chance of scoring a critical hit on the internal structure location it hit. The issue comes in play that the critical hit damage to equipment in that location ends up taking the full damage of the round hitting that location instead of the damage leftover from the armor.

Example: An AC/20 deals 20 points of damage to a 19 armor point location. This means 1 point of damage is leftover for the internal structure. If a critical hit happens, when the random location is selected, that critical hit deals 20 points of damage to that critical slot instead of 1 point of damage.

This causes the "equipment immediately breaks after armor is opened" effect because of FLD (front loaded damage) weapons of 10 points or higher are applying their full damage to the critical hit on initial opening of armor instead of only applying the damage that was leftover from the opening of armor.

Note: I would like to add, that I initially denied this claim as it seemed like common sense for it to work in this way. Apparently, after having too much weapons break on initial armor openings from weapons, I decided to test and validate that it was true.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users