Report Here: Desync, Rubberbanding, Warping Mechs And Fps Drops. Still Not Fixed!

102 replies to this topic

#21 A banana in the tailpipe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

And my axe!!!

Seriously.... it's not fixed. /golfclap

#22 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

I had this happen several matches tonight.

#23 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Twice now...Better than before. Still not good enough.

#24 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

It seems to occur more on River City Night and Caustic Valley than any other maps.

#25 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

View Postkrash27, on 19 August 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Not only is it not fixed, it is much much worse than ever.
I would have thought this game breaker would have been fixed a long time ago.
Epic fail here because people wont play if they...well if they can't play.
This bug makes it so a lot of us can't play.

Same here. Much much worse then before the patch. It's dissappointing.

#26 Batch1972

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:09 AM

OK.
1st match today at 7:30aest HPG manifold. 1 DC on my side after a couple of minutes. Minor rubberbanding usually when people walked into me. Piloting Adder.
2nd match. 7:37aest. Canyon. Games locks after 4 mins. everyone running on spot for approx. 1 1/2mins. I'm still alive.. we win.
3rd match. Hardly any wait - rare. Crimson Straight. Fine but get repeatedly stuck on buildings. LRM's explode on trees 20m away
4th Match. 4 min wait despite having the suggested tonnage. Summoner. River City Night. Rubberbanding when own players walk into me and suffer leg damage. Own team mate red mists in a brawl and shoots me in the back...

Had enough for tonight

#27 winglander

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:47 AM

the rubberbanding is heaps worse than last patch

#28 ei8ht

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 82 posts
  • Locationobscured by ECM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:57 AM

Not getting any better, now even worse. Seriously, we all know that this started after PGI introduced the "rejoin" patch. One would think a fix would have been in within a week.

Then again, I've given up all hope on PGI. All the simple careless mistakes that they can't even catch before releasing (Summoner CBills, Arty/Air Strike, Wep Modules Heat, etc,), and I'm to hope they can fix this lag/desync problem? Heh.

#29 reaverOfCheesecake

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:23 AM

(please note that caps are used to highlight points in this post, not because i am venting my disappointment)

I would like to make the point that I "CANNOT" PLAY MWO (as oppose to "will not play mwo") now because of this issue... i teleport all over the place... seem to die for no reason (although i suspect that i have been shot legitimately in a position where my client thinks i am not. i.e. i walk, stop at edge of cover but server thinks i continued to walk out of cover and so someone strikes me down). i have also noticed that a lot of my shots phase through my targets.

THIS HAS BEEN A TERRIBLE PROBLEM SINCE THE PREVIOUS PATCH. I have virgin broadband with 40mb downstream and around 3mb upstream which is plenty of bandwidth. I also do not have any problems with downloading/uploading with any other online content, so this is defiantly a problem with MWO.

I really wanted this patch to fix the issue but... alas i am still unable to play.

#30 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:13 AM

Was playing on Tourmaline and had super bad lag. Mechs teleporting and looking like they were running in slow motion. Nothing was being updated but heat.

#31 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:15 AM

I had to quit last night because of the disconnects, desyncs, rubber-banding and lag spikes. After the first instance I turned on a packet sniffer on my network and found no IP/TCP/UDP problems and general latency was fine (around 70ms)

I had to quit because it was unplayable...with premium time ticking...

#32 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 20 August 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

I had to quit last night because of the disconnects, desyncs, rubber-banding and lag spikes. After the first instance I turned on a packet sniffer on my network and found no IP/TCP/UDP problems and general latency was fine (around 70ms)

I had to quit because it was unplayable...with premium time ticking...

You and me both....this puts it up to almost 17 days of wasted Premium Time due to an unplayable game for some reason or another. Russ' has acknowledge the issue but has yet to realy give any remedy, time table or even a "hey screw you guys were working on it!"

This needs to be fixed or the game is unplayable...not because i don't want to but because of the same reason stated in the quote.

I LITERALLY CANNOT PLAY YOUR GAME WITH THESE ISSUES, 2 mins of actually play to have 25 seconds of lag and then be dead when it catches back up....no thanks.

Back to Neverwinter.....*sigh* a F2P which i have had ZERO problems with to date.

Edited by DarthRevis, 20 August 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#33 Vadafallon

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

Ok PGI, i work for a very large software company. When the client cannot use the product then that is what we call a Sev 1. Drop everything and get to fixing this issue. Let the public know you are aware of the issue and have either a) found the problem and will be coming out with a hotfix soon or <_< tell people you are still researching the issue but will have this fixed asap. Communicate guys.

I love your game but the lag is KILLING ME.. i have spent a lot of money on this game and i am not a free to play player just bitching. The amount of time and money i have spent on this game far supersedes any game i have ever played.

For the love of god fix the lag and please stop changing things so drastically like the Clan ERLL and the PPC heat. There has to be better ways and testing to get to a solution.

Oh and like the guy said above me.. you are wasting my premium time!

Edited by Vadafallon, 20 August 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#34 NetherlightWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Sector

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

150 MB/S dedicated connection. Avg ping 30-50ms.

Last night was inexcuseable. Freeze, desync desync desync, freeze some more. I had one case on hpg manifold were I froze with warping mechs around me and when I finally am allowed to resync, I am where I was 1.5 minutes ago way out in the open and luckily not shot to hell and back!

FIX YOUR NETWORKS OR FIX THE IDIOTS SUPPOSEDLY WORKING ON THEM!!!

I swear I have seen one armed ******** gorillas do a better job on network engineering....

#35 Ashvins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

So the desync was bad before and is better for me but you've brought back a very old bug. FPS drops to single digits when facing the enemy team. Game is unplayable 2-4 fps with LOW settings running Dual GTX 660's, AMD 8350 OC to 5.0GHz 32GB RAM. Before this patch 90-120 FPS now 40 with drops to 2-4fps when facing the enemy. Seriously guys fix this asap.

#36 Stickjock

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostStrypewolf, on 20 August 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

150 MB/S dedicated connection. Avg ping 30-50ms.

Last night was inexcuseable. Freeze, desync desync desync, freeze some more. I had one case on hpg manifold were I froze with warping mechs around me and when I finally am allowed to resync, I am where I was 1.5 minutes ago way out in the open and luckily not shot to hell and back!

FIX YOUR NETWORKS OR FIX THE IDIOTS SUPPOSEDLY WORKING ON THEM!!!

I swear I have seen one armed ******** gorillas do a better job on network engineering....

Yikes... looks like I got lucky last night... 7-8 drops for the night and only saw maybe 2 disconnected players the whole time... never experienced any desync's or lagging either... and this is on my massive 6 Mbps DSL connection...

But enough seem to have a problem that I hope they get it fixed and soon...

I have noticed slight FPS drops recently... but nothing that makes it unplayable on my end... still average 40-50 FPS with all settings on High... (DX11)

#37 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

I just had a game start, and it was really warpy (although not totally de-synched). The first time I've seen this.

Then, shortly after the match started, I got disconnected, with my client disconnecting from the server completely. When trying to log back in, it said that the client needed to update.

At this point, the MWO site was totally inaccessible to me. I thought maybe you guys were resetting something? Eventually, I was able to relaunch the client, but it did not seem to patch anything.

Then, when I got into the game, I was actually able to reconnect to the original game... Which made no sense, since if the client did actually update, I can't see how it could connect to the same game.

#38 Catho Sharn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAmerica's Crossroads!

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

As I type this, I'm in a match watching everyone walking in place. I could have typed a really long message about it, since this has lasted several minutes, but probably not worth the effort.

Network performance is terrible. End of story.

#39 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

Not a peep from PGI? Do i have to troll FB and Twitter to find out if they are even acknowledging an issue?

#40 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

Still broken. The desyncs are now 99%, not 100%. Mech movement data appears to come through, slowly. Still useless for actually, you know, playing.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users