Rookie

• The Unstoppable
  • The Unstoppable
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 19 August 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Try this one as well.

SMN-PRIME

Surprisingly effective in a 200-500Meter scuffle. I use it as a second line mech, and a flanker.

Don't forget to adjust the armor values. I literally clicked max armor, and then shaved some off to get the desired weight.

I actually adapted your design a bit here, and replaced the left torso UAC-5 with an LRM 20 and maxed out the leg armor. It works really really well, I have to say. Got three kills in the first match I used it, whereas all I succeeded in doing with the basic prime loadout was die a lot. Good design!

#22 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostCrazyshak48, on 21 August 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

I actually adapted your design a bit here, and replaced the left torso UAC-5 with an LRM 20 and maxed out the leg armor. It works really really well, I have to say. Got three kills in the first match I used it, whereas all I succeeded in doing with the basic prime loadout was die a lot. Good design!

Glad it worked for you. The whole point of sharing designs is for people to adapt them, not just mimic them blindly. I might try putting LRMs back on my Summoners now that they removed the minimum range on them.

#23 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

Here's something I think is funny:
A **lot** of people, including even other Summoner pilots, so under estimate the strength of the stock Summoner Prime that they rush it thinking they'll get a quick kill.
But 4 ERPPC/LBX combo blasts later it's the other mech lying in the dirt smoking :lol:

[Edit]
Have a look at some Summoner scores :D
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3661160
[/Edit]

Edited by HeroForHire, 22 August 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#24 Panzerjotun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

View Postwaterfowl, on 20 August 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

And LRMs are not "situational", they're prevalent, and extremely deadly.

100% correct. Indirect fire is common on the real battlefield also. They are effective and a constant threat.

#25 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:38 AM

Had some limited game time with the summoners since their cbill release, my impression of them is a larger version of the Kit Fox, more armoured but slower and less agile. The height difference from cockpit to arms make them such that "you see them, but can't hit 'em". Perhaps the summoner works better where there is less obstruction (which could mean losing the side torsos more often)

Anyways, i need feedback for these. I swapped their right arms around.
Prime : http://mwo.smurfy-ne...473d8839d1a0853

B : http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c567b9feb4cf9af

D : http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5b312544f4327b0

#26 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:54 AM

View Postdragnier1, on 13 September 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:

Had some limited game time with the summoners since their cbill release, my impression of them is a larger version of the Kit Fox, more armoured but slower and less agile. The height difference from cockpit to arms make them such that "you see them, but can't hit 'em". Perhaps the summoner works better where there is less obstruction (which could mean losing the side torsos more often)

Anyways, i need feedback for these. I swapped their right arms around.
Prime : http://mwo.smurfy-ne...473d8839d1a0853

B : http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c567b9feb4cf9af

D : http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5b312544f4327b0

Prime: Clan Ultra-20 is pretty terrible. On top of that you don't have much ammo for it
B: Jack of all trades are masters of none. You'll basically be fighting at 50% efficiency at all ranges.
D: Seems decent.

#27 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:46 AM

In the other Summoner thread I mentioned my triple CERLL build and using the Prime's right arm energy cooldown bonus so I started thinking about trying to get a solid build using the Prime's left arm ballistic cooldown bonus.

After trying to stuff a big weapon in the arm and fiddling around, all the while not liking the result, the Centurion's left arm battle tactic popped into my head and I with its ended up with this build which has worked nicely so far. It's kind of funny that in setting out to use the Prime's left arm I ended up not actually putting anything in it, but it plays like a bigger Centurion.

When you're taking fire or the UAC5s jam, show the enemy your left arm until your weapons are ready then turn back and unload on them until they drop or you jam again. I haven't timed it or anything but it 'feels' like the arm's cooldown bonus also affects the UAC5's jam clearing time - my jams seemed to clear in a reasonable amount of time.

#28 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

View PostRuccus, on 13 September 2014 - 07:46 AM, said:

In the other Summoner thread I mentioned my triple CERLL build and using the Prime's right arm energy cooldown bonus so I started thinking about trying to get a solid build using the Prime's left arm ballistic cooldown bonus.

After trying to stuff a big weapon in the arm and fiddling around, all the while not liking the result, the Centurion's left arm battle tactic popped into my head and I with its ended up with this build which has worked nicely so far. It's kind of funny that in setting out to use the Prime's left arm I ended up not actually putting anything in it, but it plays like a bigger Centurion.

When you're taking fire or the UAC5s jam, show the enemy your left arm until your weapons are ready then turn back and unload on them until they drop or you jam again. I haven't timed it or anything but it 'feels' like the arm's cooldown bonus also affects the UAC5's jam clearing time - my jams seemed to clear in a reasonable amount of time.

I don't know if it has been fixed, but sometimes you can jam a weapon again while it's jammed already. Since it un-jams at the server, but jams again no your end before the server can clear the jam for you. Causing it to stay jammed for longer than usual. Best thing to do with jammed UACs is let go of the trigger, and wait.

#29 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:12 AM

4 erml, uac 20 is very fun, also 2erml, lbx 20, lrm 15 funfunfun but lacks ammo

#30 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 13 September 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

4 erml, uac 20 is very fun, also 2erml, lbx 20, lrm 15 funfunfun but lacks ammo

For that second build you can swap the lrm 15 for an ASRM-4 or SRM-6 and have a decent amount of ammo. Was one of my earlier Summoner builds.

#31 Topshot Tiger

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:42 PM

I run with a customized prime build. 1 uac10, 2 er ml, and one lrm 10 with the rest ammo. Doesnt produce alot of heat, and its got something for all ranges.

#32 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

HERES MY 2 CENTS on the summoner. 1 ultra ac 20 srm 4 and 2 clan med lasers. you can decide ammo

#33 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:29 PM

That's close to my prime build. I realize that summoners are non-brawl types and if i assume others think the same, imagine the shock when they get floored by such a build. Problem is, it's very situational and dependent on your team/opponents.

Hmm, is there no one with different opinions on my posted builds? Just wondering...

#34 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:35 PM

View PostJohn80sk, on 13 September 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:

Prime: Clan Ultra-20 is pretty terrible. On top of that you don't have much ammo for it
B: Jack of all trades are masters of none. You'll basically be fighting at 50% efficiency at all ranges.
D: Seems decent.

Thanks for feedback. At present i'm trying out the B build and the lrm really feels out of place. As for the Prime, i was thinking of using the 20 for shock effect, especially when i pug.

#35 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

The problem with the Ultra-20 is how slow the projectile is combined with how slowly it fires its burst. It's pretty unwieldy unless you're in a slow moving mech, or your opponent is a slow moving mech. Really unless your opponent is willing to stop moving and stare at you while you shoot it's pretty unlikely that all those rounds are going to go where you want them to.

#36 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:59 AM

actually after messing with that 2 erml, lbx 20, lrm 15 build ive modified it to a 2 erml, guass, lrm 15 ... devastating to say the least especially if you are finding foes that have openings in there armor or close to it.

#37 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostJohn80sk, on 14 September 2014 - 06:14 AM, said:

The problem with the Ultra-20 is how slow the projectile is combined with how slowly it fires its burst. It's pretty unwieldy unless you're in a slow moving mech, or your opponent is a slow moving mech. Really unless your opponent is willing to stop moving and stare at you while you shoot it's pretty unlikely that all those rounds are going to go where you want them to.

I think I would like a 10 round AC 20. Each round dealing 2 damage, but travelling at a speed of either 2000, or 1400. THAT would be an effective AC 20. Definitely needs more skill to land the full salvo, but it would be satisfying when you do.

#38 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1f7b4718235c372
Prime (2xML + LB5X + 3xSSRM4 + BAP)

I use this loadout at the moment and it's pretty efficient with my play style. This loadout is to finish wounded mech, at the beginning of the match, you have to stick with some buddies.

The U-AC/20 with 4xML or other things with the big gun is pretty cool on the summoner too =)

Edited by Aleski, 14 September 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#39 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 14 September 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

I think I would like a 10 round AC 20. Each round dealing 2 damage, but travelling at a speed of either 2000, or 1400. THAT would be an effective AC 20. Definitely needs more skill to land the full salvo, but it would be satisfying when you do.

I'd be alright with that, but I'd prefer if the grouping between each round was just tightened up. I'll stop myself now though, don't want to derail the thread.

View PostAleski, on 14 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1f7b4718235c372
Prime (2xML + LB5X + 3xSSRM4 + BAP)

I use this loadout at the moment and it's pretty efficient with my play style. This loadout is to finish wounded mech, at the beginning of the match, you have to stick with some buddies.

The U-AC/20 with 4xML or other things with the big gun is pretty cool on the summoner too =)
swap those SSRM's out to SRM's and you can up that cannon to a 10 and carry enough leg armor to where you won't be limping around for the rest of the match after something sneezes at you.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9b8895d9c9f2569

Edited by John80sk, 14 September 2014 - 03:34 PM.

#40 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:57 PM

That's the loadout I frequently put on my SHD-2H2; DPS nearly the same as the Summoner for the same speed. (plus you live longer as the SHD doesn't have COOKIE painted all over it :) ).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users