What New Features Do You Want To See Being Added To The Game?

5 replies to this topic

#1 alike

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

Just a few things I would like to see being added to the game :D

1. An option to set default cockpit lighting. I'm tired of having to dim them every time before I start moving out...

2. Before equipping an engine, weapon etc, there should be some sort of preview of what changes it will make.

3. An option to control the amount of bloom. And maybe separate the bloom from inside the cockpit and outside. Sometimes there is to much of it inside...

I will add more if it comes to my mind.

Have a nice day, night or whatever it is for you :lol:

EDIT: Changed title from "a few nifty things I would like to see"

Edited by alike, 22 August 2014 - 04:05 PM.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

Since we're running a "what we'd like to see..."

I'll give my responses to yours first.

1) Totally agree, I'd also love to see the actual lights in the cockpit go dark, too. Turn off the lights and the lighting is gone but the lights themselves are still full bright.

2) Kinda hard to do this, but if it can be done then awesome.

3) Fully agree.

I'll add my own soon, but the right and left wrists of the pilot have a texture mismatch where the seam doesn't line up and even goes off in incorrect directions. It really, really irks me as an artist. For it to last 2+ years irks me even further. I know it's so minor, but it's just such a blatant oversight...

#3 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

Elementals in a module!!!!!

Make it happen!

#4 Arkus Bethla

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

1. I would very much like single heat sinks to be useful. Running a stock mech with SHS is futile as the DPS and ALPHA meta is too strong. This is unnecessarily tough on new players. (This doesn't effect me at all as I jam DHS in any new variant I buy before I bother running it). This should be very easy to buff a little!

2. I would like all my double heat sinks to be equal, in engine or out. If I want to run a smaller engine mech with DHS stacked to the gills I should not be limited and all the DHS should be effective. Maybe nerfing the in engine DHS to same as out of engine ones would go a long way toward #1 as well. Adding DHS seems to have diminishing returns very quickly.

3. Twist and tracking speed is too closely aligned to engine speed. It should probably be limited by chassis unless perhaps the engine goes ** below stock **. Its too much of an advantage to buff the engine size. Assault mechs with slow engines cannot track or acquire targets fast enough on even moderately moving mechs at long range whereas upping the engine seems to allow tracking to become too easy on some chassis. I think this means there is too much variance with engine size.

4. All the above may make you consider endo steel as an augment, rather than a no-brainer necessity.

5. Please give Inner Sphere Ferro Fibrous armour some buff to make it attractive relative to endo steel. Allow you to exceed the chassis armour maximums / resist damage better / give a cooling buff / make it very cheap. Something, anything.

6. It seems that Damage per heat on short range weapons is out of whack. There is not much point in me running smaller weapons in tandem with larger ones ... Better to fire the large laser all day rather than using mediums or smalls at closer ranges and this blows my mind. Mind with clan mechs on the battlefield the encounter range has increased by almost 200m so this is perhaps now a moot point as an ERLL can be backed by smaller weapons efficiently.

#5 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

1) I'd like to be able to toggle free look just like you can toggle arm lock. I would also like you to be able to move the torso on the horizontal axis independent from the mouse as a keyboard input.

2) An option to Eject would be nice.

3) Crouching and the able to take a single side step or juke.

4) Flood Lights

5) Flares /Smoke

6) Sprinting

Edited by ManDaisy, 22 August 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#6 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:32 PM

Please make seperate suggestion threads for seperate suggestions. It makes it a lot easier to collect these ideas.

A collective thread for several users and unrelated ideas, make it impossible to have an in depth discussion about the ideas.

I'm closing this, please start anew.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users