Eu Servers?

18 replies to this topic

#1 alike

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

When I finally got myself a good enough computer for this game, I'm still (almost...) unable to play it because of desync and high ping. Why in the name of GOD is there no servers for EU? If this issue isn't resolved, I'm afraid I will be forced to stop playing this great game :ph34r:

#2 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:16 AM

pgi has not been able to answer this, it been a subject here for two years. this is like the 4th thread on the subject all purposefully ignored by pgi.

#3 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

seems pgi can barely afford the servers they have now.

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:20 AM

Desync are happening to everyone. As for high pings I wonder if we group everyone with 150+ pings on thier own game if it would help everyone.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 21 August 2014 - 12:21 AM.

#5 alike

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:29 AM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 21 August 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

seems pgi can barely afford the servers they have now.

Loosing EU customers wont help with the economy... I hope they see the need for it in time!

#6 alike

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:34 AM

Connectivity

New Data Center Systems
Smoke/Load Testing – Can you connect? Can you get into a match? Any desyncs?
Performance Testing – Please tell us about your connectivity, ping, responsiveness, etc…

I found this on the test server page. I'm gonna participate and see if I cant help to resolve the problem.

Edited by alike, 21 August 2014 - 12:34 AM.

#7 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:35 AM

Odd I have not been having a problem I play around 8am GMT and between 7pm and 12pm weekdays and weekends.
My pings around 110-130.

As for EU server, pigs will fly or they will balance ECM first :ph34r:

#8 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

View PostLupin, on 21 August 2014 - 12:35 AM, said:

As for EU server, pigs will fly or they will balance ECM first :ph34r:

i hear ya brother.

As for high pings, try living in the ******** end of the earth in australia and new zealand and play with our pings

#9 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:40 AM

100mbit fibre, dual channel 100mbit router from uk. I get pings between 80 - 100, and I find the game playable. Admittedly not everyone has this setup.

However as the member of a player unit that has international representation I find the social factor to be of significance and more relevance than epeen with ensuring best performance. I do well anyhow with a KDR around 2 anyhow and I consider myself an average social player in units that does solo, casual groups and more "competative" 12 mans even if not the top level in MWO. And I see some recognisable names when I play so I feel my ELO cant be half bad.

So it is feasible to do ok in the game even from accross the pond if you have the tech and ISP service. I appreciate this isnt the same for antipadean or other areas that will be more effected by internet seperation from the servers.

For me however, I think that the social element is more important and as a "community" I would prefer not to start seperating things or having to be placed as a player that cannot be with unit members.

With any possible server applied tech in terms of geography I would prefer it to remain a player choice as to where or which server is used to accomodate the more social needs of the game with player units. Also I would prefer that CW represented all of the community and as such even if matches occured on different servers we all at least co-existed in the same Inner Sphere.

Edited by Noesis, 21 August 2014 - 12:42 AM.

#10 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:10 AM

The game is playable with pings of 150 (alot would say higher) or less, as long as they are stable and dont wildly fluctuate, which is down to your ISP.

Playing from the UK with pings of 90-110 and have no problem playing, aside from PGI's self induced issues.

Splitting the playerbase would do the game more harm than good.

Edited by DV McKenna, 21 August 2014 - 01:11 AM.

#11 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:13 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 21 August 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

The game is playable with pings of 150 (alot would say higher) or less, as long as they are stable and dont wildly fluctuate, which is down to your ISP.

Playing from the UK with pings of 90-110 and have no problem playing, aside from PGI's self induced issues.

Splitting the playerbase would do the game more harm than good.

I play effectively at 280 ping. So yes, it's entirely possible to play with higher pings, albeit less accurately, as long as you don't take high quality internet connections for granted...

#12 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:19 AM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 21 August 2014 - 02:13 AM, said:

I play effectively at 280 ping. So yes, it's entirely possible to play with higher pings, albeit less accurately, as long as you don't take high quality internet connections for granted...

280 would be hard work, my point was there is no reason UK players should have major issues, there are connections out there that will play with acceptable pings and main land europe is not that much further out but they don't all have great network infrastructure.

Asia and Aus, yea your going to have real trouble.

Edited by DV McKenna, 21 August 2014 - 02:20 AM.

#13 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:36 AM

Why would there need to be separation of the player base.... data could be shared with both servers.

#14 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

View PostMark Brandhauber, on 21 August 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

Why would there need to be separation of the player base.... data could be shared with both servers.

Yea right as if PGI would do that. Their original plan for servers was that each region would have it's own data and CW and be separate.
And if you don't separate the players and they could end up on either NA or EU servers you dont really solve the problem do you?

and given now units are already long established, how do you resolve those issues of mixed timezone units?

Edited by DV McKenna, 21 August 2014 - 02:49 AM.

#15 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

I doubt they would share the information between two servers also. But it seems like the only way of giving equal game performance to Europe as they have in north America. Playing in the EU, US or East Asian server should be controlled by local prime times if they want to do it right.

#16 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

View PostMark Brandhauber, on 21 August 2014 - 03:00 AM, said:

I doubt they would share the information between two servers also. But it seems like the only way of giving equal game performance to Europe as they have in north America. Playing in the EU, US or East Asian server should be controlled by local prime times if they want to do it right.

I can understand this point from Asian/Aus players they don't have it at all easy.

But like me your in the UK, you should have no problem getting a connection that will deliver a stable 90-130ms, which shouldnt cause you any issues.

#17 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:16 AM

us uk players are the minority of European players, Germany and Russia make up the lions share.
My particular issues are selfish I lose a lot of kills to those who have pings that are half mine because of their lower pings.
But the point is why should we have to settle for it being "playable" as opposed to getting the same experience our north American friends get. I' pretty sure that theres just as many paying customers in Europe as there are in North America, why should we be treated any differently.

Edited by Mark Brandhauber, 21 August 2014 - 03:26 AM.

#18 lumito

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

EU servers would clearly be a benefit for us in EU Region.

Less ping
and maybe a small chance to being able to write in your mother-tongue :D

#19 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:22 AM

View Postlumito, on 24 August 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

EU servers would clearly be a benefit for us in EU Region.

Less ping
and maybe a small chance to being able to write in your mother-tongue :D

Quick stop him before he tries to lag his cockpit in pine and use menthol oils whilst slapping himself with a birch twwig in the cockpit.

Actually ..... thinking about it ..... :angry:

Otherwsie aslong as people can choose which server to play on for social reasons I will be happy. Though I think it unlikley that PGI will invest in regional servers. Likley go for a super server in the US, which if it were to solve net issues and even let antipidean players play without issue then all to the good.

Of course servers cost money, even rented, so if you want regional servers, someone is going to have to open their wallets.

Edited by Noesis, 24 August 2014 - 08:23 AM.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users