• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 21 August 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

okay well this is a simple one

What does the Community warfare brings in for solo players??

players who due to reasons cannot join any mercunit.. is their any point for those players to be excited or interested in CW??

Well if they have a House they are Fighting for then you have a place in CW.

#22 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

players who due to reasons cannot join any mercunit.. is their any point for those players to be excited or interested in CW??

There's no reason why one can't join a unit other than they don't want to. And even then, there's the free TS on NGNG you can use to play with other people.

#23 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:15 AM

[color=#222222]I wouldn’t mind joining the Flying Tigers other than that big deal[/color]

#24 HellJumper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

my issue is that my time zone makes it difficult for me to join a unit and play with them and that is the reason i have to solo drop.

this is why i was wondering how can i participate in CW..

#25 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:49 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 21 August 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:

FACTION: This is where the RULES kick in...there will be restrictions in place on what you can and can't do...with regard to CW.

I just want to know if there will be a restriction on how often i can take part in the above, as that's the only matches I've had any interest in since clans were released.

#26 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 23 August 2014 - 11:43 PM, said:

my issue is that my time zone makes it difficult for me to join a unit and play with them and that is the reason i have to solo drop.

this is why i was wondering how can i participate in CW..

I'm in the same boat due to my work schedual. I can only play at night when most of North America is asleep, BUT you don't have to be part of a unit to be a part of CW. CW/Faction warfare will basically just be a different queue from the solo and group queues if I understand it correctly.

#27 Iron Riding Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:59 PM

#28 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

View PostIron Riding Cowboy, on 23 August 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

It's nice to have a dream...

#29 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

View PostWolfways, on 23 August 2014 - 11:49 PM, said:

I just want to know if there will be a restriction on how often i can take part in the above, as that's the only matches I've had any interest in since clans were released.

Have you ever played an MMO where there are scheduled sieges or "dungeon raids"?

It'll probably play out a lot like that. That is, you play your casual games while waiting for the "main event."

And when you drop in the "main event" there will be RULES that you have to follow.

#30 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:15 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 24 August 2014 - 12:37 AM, said:

Have you ever played an MMO where there are scheduled sieges or "dungeon raids"?

It'll probably play out a lot like that. That is, you play your casual games while waiting for the "main event."

And when you drop in the "main event" there will be RULES that you have to follow.

I'm thinking it will be more like "Faction A needs X number of wins to take over planet Z" you click a planet, launch a battle, get a random map, etc...like we have now, just that the result of the battle will count towards something.

just a guess on my part though.

#31 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:39 AM

I hope not :o

View PostKilo 40, on 24 August 2014 - 01:15 AM, said:

I'm thinking it will be more like "Faction A needs X number of wins to take over planet Z" you click a planet, launch a battle, get a random map, etc...like we have now, just that the result of the battle will count towards something.

just a guess on my part though.

I hope so :ph34r:

#32 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

Except Russ has stated numerous times that EVERY match will affect CW so I don't see it being "raids" like in MMORPGs. It's going to be more like (in my opinion anyhow) a campaign that you drop into when you drop into your match. Based on what they've said I think it will operate similarly to MPBT: 3025. Ever match in that game affected CW.

#33 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

According to the videos from last year, solo players will be playing in the House fights where you pick a side and it is filled by only your House fighters and Lone Wolves.

This matches are just like how matches are done now, random people will drop together, but they are only of the same House or Lone Wolves.

Merc units also do the same thing, but only for Merc units.

The fronts that are fought are completely separate from each other. I think I remember hearing that merc units can drop into House warfare as a group, but I am not sure.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users