Best Challange Ever?

90 replies to this topic

#81 Kahoumono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Perhaps, but events aren't normally loaded. There isn't so much skill involved as which side has the most clan mechs.

#82 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostKahoumono, on 23 August 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Perhaps, but events aren't normally loaded. There isn't so much skill involved as which side has the most clan mechs.

Clan mechs have nothing to do with it. They are doing these events because they are going to release phase one of CW this month.

#83 Faenyan Adair

Rookie

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

Its the most boring challenge ever.The whole day each match goes this : one side steamrolls the other with results like this 0-4 vs 12.Serious ..think its fun to play at all?Not that its the challenge fault but its boring..soo boring.And if i would be a new player..i would allready deinstalled the game and never install it again.The whole elo/mm thing is horrible.Wish i could actuall have some balanced matchs that ends where i think..damn great match so close...i still wait for it.
I really start to give up on this game.

#84 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

Win-based challenges reward teamwork instead of kill-snatching...

I like it! It does drive some people to use consumables, but they'll wind up using so much funds in consumables in the quest for 300MC worth of Mechbay that they might think about their reward ratio...

#85 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 23 August 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

I like it! It does drive some people to use consumables, but they'll wind up using so much funds in consumables in the quest for 300MC worth of Mechbay that they might think about their reward ratio...

I'm still waiting to see this teamwork thing you are talking about. I played solo for 2 years and the quality of game play during this event has been trash. As for "kill-snatching" in a team game there is no such thing.

Opinions may vary, but I hate this challenge and I hope they never do a win based one again.

#86 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

let me tell you why that is bull ****

90% of the time I see allies being stupid and not taking targets, hiding behind rocks when they should be pushing and all around lack of teamwork thanks to the stupid ass ELO and ridiculous challenge.

Why should I punished because a group of ******* without a brain to share decide to run away when we should push the advantage.

I'm sorry, teamwork doesn't exist here, move along.

#87 Jeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

win challenges suck... you have no control over you team and you can do your best and still end up losing over and over and over...

Last 20 matches or so I have won 6... I just end up yelling at my screen due to crappy teams...

#88 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

Lets see...

I'm waiting no less than 3-4 minutes on the finding matching "connecting" screen. Ive now timed myself as waiting a little over 27 minutes to get into matches over the last 8 matches. Thats f'ing ****** as hell.

Gets f'ing better. 6 of my last 9 matches... I do 700 to 1200 damage (no lies), various kills etc...

NO ONE F'ing else on my team breaks 200 damage. Half the team didnt break 100 damage.

F this ****.

Edit for typo.

Edited by WarZ, 23 August 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#89 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:36 AM

All I see is tons of people that suicide right at the beginning of the match and leave their team with a 0:1, 0:2 or even 0:3 handicap, hoping that their team will win anyways while they jump into the next trial light right away, while the rest of the team has to ask itself why they should even bother to play for 8-10 mins if the match is already lost anyway.

You have at least to work for kills and can't simply suicide away... you can also get killls despite losing. But perhaps you simply lack the experience of a 5:15 loss streak that people like us have to work with because we're in ELO hell, being used as ELO filller for teams that can't hit a barn or simply suicide away ... over and over and over again. It doesn't matter if you get 500+ damage and 3-4 kills because the rest of your team just dies with less than 200 or even 100 damage.

View PostWarHippy, on 23 August 2014 - 07:58 PM, said:

Opinions may vary, but I hate this challenge and I hope they never do a win based one again.

This, so very much this.

Edited by Ragnar Darkmane, 24 August 2014 - 01:39 AM.

#90 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:03 AM

Yep this is a better way to do challenges. I did fairly well in the last player stats challenge, but this team based way is better since it promotes good sportsmanship. I guess both have their place and add to the variety.

#91 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

Is that all a problem of the higher ELO bracket or something? I've yet to see a light suicider, or anything of that sort. Only ran across a couple runners wanting to preserve their precious K/D. I've been playing for who knows how many hours and have been having a good bit of fun.

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users