- - - - -

Clan Targeting Computers And Pulse Lasers?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sabre Howell

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

Ok so stupid question, but i cant seem to find it spelled out anywhere ive looked. Are clan pulse lasers affected by the all/some of the the same bonuses that Clan ER lasers are?

Im messing around with warhawk and nova builds right now and before i go dumping a couple million C-bills on them id prefer to know if my builds will be able to capitalize on Targeting computers or not.

Thanks!

Edited by Sabre Howell, 22 August 2014 - 07:09 PM.

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

Yes, all types of Clan lasers get the longer range perk from a TC.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

They are.
You can essentially replace the Clan ER LL with the superior Clan LPL and enhance it to almost the same stock range (though the weight you lose in doing so is immense, and the bonus is lost the moment someone destroys that targeting computer; as you install larger and larger ones, it will be destroyed easier and easier. Anything beyond IV, thusly, isn't particularly worth it due to weight lost, slots lost, and ultimately ease of destruction).

(Kinda makes the ER LL nerf completely pointless; simply lowering the damage to a canon ratio of 2 damage greater than the IS ER LL [instead of 2.25 which is higher than canon] and keeping it 1.5 seconds on the beam length would have gone a long way.)

(On a side note: the ratio of IS to Clan LPLs on tabletop is 1 damage greater for Clan. For some reason it's 1.2 damage greater here. In both cases of ER LL and LPL for both factions, the heat is significantly lower as well... but that's a tale for another day).

#4 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:43 AM

The C Pulse is the bomb now! :D

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users