50 Wins In Challenge

76 replies to this topic

#61 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:11 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 August 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

Can anyone confirm this? Please?

Good find. Suicide farmers should be reported and punished. Not only it leaves a bad taste in the teammates' eyes, it will also encourage others to do the same thing, which is absolutely not acceptable.

I can confirm it. The 168 hour (7 day) bonus starts when you redeem it, and does not trigger any dormant Premium Time you might have stored.

#62 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:13 AM

I'll be finishing the Challenge up tomorrow (presently at 28/50). It's been going pretty well for me, with more wins than losses. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I think rotating out my 'Mechs is helping. I don't just drop in a single weight class all night; doing that is how you get placed into a carrying position while driving a 'Mech that simply can't carry...i.e. a Locust or a Blackjack.

I've also been typing into team chat at the beginning of every match, telling my allies to stick together and focus fire. Perhaps it's a placebo, but I like to think it's working.

#63 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:30 AM

I should be done after the refresh
22 games 4 wins and one tie
man that was hard
I am going to bed

#64 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

got 41, I am almost finished

#65 Kensaisama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRedford, Michigan

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

Working weekend for me, but I have 41 wins, 10 hours of play over 2 days. I will be finishing tonight after I get home from work.

The key for me is not caring about wins or losses, I just played and cycled through my medium mech stable, I didn't waste time spectating, if I died early or late I would quit the match, grab the next mech and drop into a new game, I would get anywhere from 0-4 kills, 4-9 assists and do 200-600 damage a game. So whats the problem? Other than the current discussion on suicide farming.

#66 Vyviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 458 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:26 AM

Path to Victory 50

CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

Time Left: 52:55:11

Now I need a short holiday though I dont want this 7 days premium to go to waste so I guess Ill be back tomorrow to grind some C-Bills and mech masteries =P

Edited by Vyviel, 24 August 2014 - 04:27 AM.

#67 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

As I said in another reply, this challenge promotes good team play and sportsmanship. That some are trying to take away from that is no surprise these days.

#68 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

View PostNick86, on 24 August 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

Got my 50 wins in 8hrS over 2 days. Had some great games. Discos and power downs were noticeable and should be suspended, be disqualified and fined cbills and xp for blatent farming. Must've played 80 games. Many thrown by noobs.
Would love more challenges!

Say we win 75?

Lets say 150wins for a C-Direwolf with JJ and ECM :ph34r:

Edited by Battlestar3k, 24 August 2014 - 05:57 AM.

#69 Capt Sternn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:21 AM

well I wish I didn't grind out those 10 extra wins, the premium time is worthless unless you can decide when to activate it. If you happen to be leveling up a new mech that's great but if you are like me and everything you want to play is mastered with 340M c-bills in the bank, it kinda sucks. Would be nice to keep it till a mech comes out that I actually want.

#70 WintermuteOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

After a full day of grinding: 50 Wins!
Wooohoo!
And yeah, i think the automically activated Premium Time sucks a bit. And i also don't need the 6.5 Mil c-bill (being at around 70 Mil. right after the challenge). But hell, i did have nothing better to do, and i would hate to have my "challenges" window feature another uncompleted challenge after the "Win 25 Machts - May 31." challenge. But in the end it was a real strain to do.

#71 beartraps

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLexington,Kentucky

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

Hard to get 50 wins when every other game crashes but you are stuck and forced to end match.Not sure what that does to your match results ,probably negated the win .

Since I purchased the Vindicator it has been buggy

Game crash,again

Game almost completed but 1/2 of my team NO MARKERS.Are they friend or foe?

Yes restarted computer several times ran Repair Tool what a joke

#72 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

currently at 40 win, will bag the remaining 10 tonight.

#73 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

50 wins completed.

Took 75 matches, although there were a couple server desyncs I think I didn't count in.

12 matches with 1k+ damage done! :D

LPL+ERML TW is OP.

Posted Image

#74 GRAND MASTER GORE

• PipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 66 posts
  • LocationStuttgart

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

50 wins completed. That was a long weekend. AND VERY OFTEN DESYNCS!

Edited by Grand Gore, 24 August 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#75 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

Eh, it was not that bad. I would of played Solo Q either way since its 90% of what i play so it was funny hearing so many people cry over it.

Posted Image

And remember guys, help your fellow elderly assaults cross the road, it will greatly raise your odds of winning, even if you have kamikaze's. Because realistically, if they ran across that fast, they more than likely were not packing many weapons anyways.
Posted Image

Edited by CN9 ACE PILOT, 24 August 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#76 Foksuh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

Annnnnnd that's 50 victories for me. I didn't keep count of how many games I had to play, but I did play every single one of them to my best ability! It seems like I finally learned to play my Kitfox too, I've been racking up kills and assists like mad on it during this event.

As for the teams.. welp, too many losses, too many intentional suicides. I even saw one Atlas do a suicide.. err.. charge right from the start of the match.
Had some horribad teams but I also had couple amazingly good games, considering it was just a random bunch of guys working together.
Best one took about 10 minutes before the action really started.. before that it was just maneuvering a lot(not running in circles either, it was Alpine and fight didn't happen on the mountain) exchanging shots at very long ranges and some skirmishing between the faster mech. Final few minutes and all hell broke loose.

Edit: Also, mad desynchs and rubberbanding led to some very, very interesting games <.<

Edited by Foksuh, 24 August 2014 - 10:13 AM.

#77 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

Closing this thread!

I'm currently on page 5 and by the looks of it, only a fraction of the 11 page thread will remain.

Edited by Egomane, 25 August 2014 - 01:14 AM.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users