Totem Mechs

40 replies to this topic

#1 The Great Bear

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

Has pgi said anything ever about if we are getting totem mechs.

#2 Koryitsu

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

Funny way to ask for a Kodiak.

Either way, most of them come siginificantly later in the time line. We know also that pgi gives no ***** about the timeline. We'll see, but I wouldnt hold out hope that the kodiak will be non omni like it should.

Edited by Koryitsu, 23 August 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#3 Kaox Veed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

Some are omnis like the Timber Wolf so they are here already. Kodiak isn't an omni, so it likely won't be seen until the other 8 clan omnimechs are out first.

#4 The Great Bear

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

The mechs dont have to be omni super mechs. People will just want them because well its a totem mech

#5 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

I doubt they'll make the Kodiak, probably NOBODY would buy a 100 ton clan mech with a maximum engine, non omni stuff like variable internals and armor 9 energy slots, 2 missile and one engine. and jets on at lest one variant.

In some instances, the Totem mechs are already in for many clans.

Wolf-Timerwolf.
Jade Falcon-Summoner
Smoke Jaguar- Dire Wolf (they captured the design from Wolf, but the Smokes LOVE this design.

Edited by verybad, 23 August 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostThe Great Bear, on 23 August 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

The mechs dont have to be omni super mechs. People will just want them because well its a totem mech

So long as primarily only Ghost Bears have them I will be fine with totem Mechs. But a Jade Falcon with one should be very very rare to see.

#7 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

So long as primarily only Ghost Bears have them I will be fine with totem Mechs. But a Jade Falcon with one should be very very rare to see.

LOL! You know MW:O. There will be 8 in every match. ^_^

#8 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

I know for a fact that you're not that naive Joe. Not going to happen in a million years. There will be zero faction specific mechs like you're suggesting. Players are encouraged to move from faction to faction. That's why we were given 4 faction medallions in the PP sales.

#9 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

I know for a fact that you're not that naive Joe. Not going to happen in a million years. There will be zero faction specific mechs like you're suggesting. Players are encouraged to move from faction to faction. That's why we were given 4 faction medallions in the PP sales.

CW based battles should remedy that somewhat. Though I swear, if they make it so faction battles can use any 'Mechs, purchased with real money or not, I'm outta here. There's only so much F2P shenanigans I can take. ^_^

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

Not Naive, Old school. I was in on the Faction creation lists for TT, A Clan Specific Totem Mech should only be allowed to the specific Canon Faction. They can encourage all the want, buut if we aren't wearing the right flag Totem Mechs should not be accessible.

#11 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

gimme gimme, Posted Image
1xUltra AC/20

Edited by SgtMagor, 23 August 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#12 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

I could become a Ghost Bear for one of those!

#13 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 23 August 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

CW based battles should remedy that somewhat. Though I swear, if they make it so faction battles can use any 'Mechs, purchased with real money or not, I'm outta here. There's only so much F2P shenanigans I can take. ^_^

so you think PGI is really going to tell all those IS players who spent $240 on clan packs that they can't use their clan mechs? you think you've seen forum meltdowns and "I want a refund" threads spammed before? That meltdown would make all of the others combined look like a tupperware party.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

Not Naive, Old school. I was in on the Faction creation lists for TT, A Clan Specific Totem Mech should only be allowed to the specific Canon Faction. They can encourage all the want, buut if we aren't wearing the right flag Totem Mechs should not be accessible.

I'm not talking about what we'd RATHER have. I'm talking about anyone expecting or hoping that PGI is going to tell players they can't spend money on something. It's not going to happen. You really believe PGI is going to make a monetized mech that only a small section of the population can buy? PGI is NOT going to put limitations on ANYthing they can make money on. That is their primary (and seemingly near exclusive) goal.

#14 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

so you think PGI is really going to tell all those IS players who spent $240 on clan packs that they can't use their clan mechs? you think you've seen forum meltdowns and "I want a refund" threads spammed before? That meltdown would make all of the others combined look like a tupperware party.

Buy Clan Mechs Join a Clan. If you wanna play as a Spheroid, use the tech you are meant to use.

#15 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

Buy Clan Mechs Join a Clan. If you wanna play as a Spheroid, use the tech you are meant to use.

Not going to happen. PGI isn't going to do anything the restricts or hinders players spending money

#16 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

I'm a Lone Wolf would I can use whatever mech I want, meh Posted Image

#17 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

If it does happen....

Even I wouldn't wade into that sh*t storm. Well I might troll a few duplicate threads but I'd mainly just sit back and watch that meltdown

#18 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

Not going to happen. PGI isn't going to do anything the restricts or hinders players spending money

maybe they should think about it. Sometimes its better to restrict some things. Only Jedi and Sith can use Light sabers for instance.

#19 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 23 August 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Look at those shield arms. I agree i would probably go Ghost Bear just to get one of those. Then again im still waiting on my crablegs.

#20 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

maybe they should think about it. Sometimes its better to restrict some things. Only Jedi and Sith can use Light sabers for instance.

Look over the history of MWO, do you honestly think they're going to tell customers they can't use their $240 or even $500 clan mechs?

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users