Purposely Disconnecting Players?

2 replies to this topic

#1 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

So I understand the servers are not great and we get desyncs or whatnot but I am starting to wonder about all the disconnects. Estimated 50% I would say of my matches we have a disconnect right after dropping. So are these guys doing it on purpose I have to wonder? If the team wins and they disco'd... do they still get credit for a win?!

ETA: Again I know some discos happen obviously, just a little to common this weekend to be all the servers to blame though. They do not rejoin at any point either.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 24 August 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#2 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostDarthPeanut, on 24 August 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

So I understand the servers are not great and we get desyncs or whatnot but I am starting to wonder about all the disconnects. Estimated 50% I would say of my matches we have a disconnect right after dropping. So are these guys doing it on purpose I have to wonder? If the team wins and they disco'd... do they still get credit for a win?!

ETA: Again I know some discos happen obviously, just a little to common this weekend to be all the servers to blame though. They do not rejoin at any point either.

Yeah, I get the same feeling. Some legitimate ones combined with a lot of guys hoping to farm wins. Another thing I'm seeing a lot of is guys cycling through lights and suicide rushing.

I'll earn my wins and let PGI worry about them.

#3 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Intentional disconnects, for farming or other team unfriendly reason, are a form of griefing and a reportable offense. Please report players you suspect of such to support@mwomercs.com for investigation.

Please do not discuss such actions on the forums, as all that will do, is advertise bad behavior to a broader audience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users