• 388 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

12 losses in a row now.

Thanks PGI, keep up the good work.

#2 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

I think I've had 15 losses in a row twice, but that was a while ago. You also get win runs, but just seem to remember the losses more.

#3 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

29 losses in a row is my record,suck it up and CARRY HARDER

#4 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

Just let me ask ONE thing.

What was the common denominator in those matches?

Play the blame game all you want, but i have NEVER had a loosing streak past 5games and the times i did i was playing very poorly.

#5 MadTulip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

see it positive. your elo is much lower now and the next games will be easier :D.

#6 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

I'm up to 9 now, on this streak. But, as CN9 Ace Pilot says, since I'm the common denominator in all of those losses, it's entirely my fault.

I should stop trying to do my job and just find a big, fat Assault to carry me.

#7 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 August 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

I'm up to 9 now, on this streak. But, as CN9 Ace Pilot says, since I'm the common denominator in all of those losses, it's entirely my fault.

Maybe if you stop leaving them behind, you will do better.

Are you trying to compete with the Assaults in damage in your OWN team? Get off your high horse, they pack a punch but if you leave them behind they are as good as dead. It's a TEAM match, don't compete with your members, help them.

Posted Image

#8 TamCoan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

I feel your pain. This weekend I've carried harder than I've ever carried in this game. I've gotten numerous matches where I've been high damage, 4-6 kills and I'm taken out when we have a solid lead. Only to see my team flub the rest of the match and turn a sure win into a loss. I really am getting very frustrated because of it.

#9 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

I had a nice win streak of 6 this morning then by noon I started seeing players like Proton on the other team and thought to myself.... "ut oh, here comes my punishment for knowing how to play." :D

#10 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 August 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

Posted Image

#11 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 24 August 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

12 losses in a row now.

Thanks PGI, keep up the good work.

I did a little experiment last night. That is, I deliberately drove my light ELO into the basement. I usually only use lights with group drops (and yes, quite well there), and this also means I help said group not get stuck on Mt. Tryhard later on.

Eventually, you get into a disturbing pattern with a combination of high demand (lights were in the 10% queue range) and low ELO.

The matchmaker starts using you to sabotage teams. 95%+ of my matches were with teams that were losses, despite what one would think would be the matchmaker's attempts to bring things "down" to my level. The precious few others were cases in which I was put as the single "bad" player in a group of meta-compliant and definitely good players in a horde of the top chassis in the game...where my abominable low ELO was used to "match" them to a team of distinctly inferior players that would then get stomped 12-0 or 12-1.

My "skunk" light was a Kit Fox-S armed with a pair of UAC/2's and plenty of ammo. Embarassingly enough, I actually was getting kills on assaults with it. Chainfiring. Two UAC/2's. The teams were losing, constantly, with me standing right there in the middle of them, focusing on the weak targets, driving people's heads down with the chain of miniscule AC hits, blowing off components and usually ending up with assists on every kill the team made. Effort was made, the build was simply and deliberately horrible and it ended up eventually stuck so low that no matter what, a loss was certain unless the MM used me as a "ringer" for said leetsauce drops.

The MM wants a winner and a loser, and it isn't subtle about getting it.

To give you an idea of how badly mismatched some matches were, there were two cases where I was stuck in with heimdelight soloing his way through the challenge. He lost the game on my team and won the one (predictably) when he was on the other in a 12-3 massacre where turrets got two of the three kills.

#12 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

The Curse of the premade carried player and solo drop events.

#13 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostAbivard, on 24 August 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

The Curse of the premade carried player and solo drop events.

This is sadly the truth.

#14 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

I was winning like a madman.........till I got the free premium week (thanks PGI)
now.......I couldn't buy a win According to the tablet and pen at the side of the monitor, I'm winning 4 in 10 matches since yesterday when it was 6 in 10 (actually worked out to 6.8 by the time the day was over)

#15 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostCN9 ACE PILOT, on 24 August 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

Maybe if you stop leaving them behind, you will do better.

Are you trying to compete with the Assaults in damage in your OWN team? Get off your high horse, they pack a punch but if you leave them behind they are as good as dead. It's a TEAM match, don't compete with your members, help them.

Sigh.

I was being facetious, you apparently are being VERY serious.

But, for the sake of argument, let's explore that statement a bit.

"If you leave them behind"...hmm....Now, I realize that I'm not in the uber-top tier of the Elo like you must be, but at my level in the Solo queue, most of your assaults (except for Dire Whales) tend to be LRM boats. And, not the kind of LRM boats that will actually get their own targets...LRM Boats that expect everyone else to just stand there and take it while they fling spam into the air.

So, you'll pardon me if I "leave behind" someone that hasn't got a clue how to unzoom or fixates on a single target until he gets facerolled. I'll do better not getting facerolled next to him.

#16 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

Oh, there are issues...

Let's put it this way: Last weekend, I scored in the low 200's for IS Medium mechs and the low 300's for IS assault mechs... and the assault I drove most of that weekend was a non-leveled Banshee 3M, which can only be considered a hunk of overheating junk and which was quickly sold once the Basics were finished on it. So, given that the ratings went to at least 2,000 ranking, I'm not some clueless player.

And yet, it took around 30+ matches this weekend to get 10 wins. I've never seen such idiocy on my team - assault mechs with nothing but LRM's, teams that are ahead by THREE mechs finding a way to lose in the last minutes of the game... a spike in friendly fire... and let's not even go into the disconnects, the slow-mo games full of teleporting mechs, and so on. This weekend's even wasn't fun - it was a chore, and mathematically, it shouldn't have been. I win a few more games than I lose, on average, so it should not have taken 30+ games to get 10 wins... but the matchmaker does what it wants, and sometimes it just wants to bury you.

#17 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

The matchmaker starts using you to sabotage teams.

I've been saying for months, you click connect and the matchmaker predetermines if you will win, or lose.
and with the rare exception....its how its done.
good matchmaking doesn't have zero ECM on one side, doesn't allow a player who routinely does 600 damage land in a team where no one breaks 300, even in assaults........
Matchmaker is dead broke and seemingly, they dont give a crap.

oh, I'd pay real money to have a working ELO...who do I send the check to?
Drop me a PM with proposals, my return and expected delivery. to the community

#18 Utilyan

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

The 25,000,000 C-BILL Pyramid:

Whiner..........PEOPLE WHO take no responsibility!

TRY-HARD........People who are noobs!

Keeps count of wins/losses............ PEOPLE WHO SUCK AT THIS GAME!

DING DING DING DING!!!!! :D

#19 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostCN9 ACE PILOT, on 24 August 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Just let me ask ONE thing.

What was the common denominator in those matches?

PGI finest matchmaking?

#20 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 August 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Sigh.

I was being facetious, you apparently are being VERY serious.

But, for the sake of argument, let's explore that statement a bit.

"If you leave them behind"...hmm....Now, I realize that I'm not in the uber-top tier of the Elo like you must be, but at my level in the Solo queue, most of your assaults (except for Dire Whales) tend to be LRM boats. And, not the kind of LRM boats that will actually get their own targets...LRM Boats that expect everyone else to just stand there and take it while they fling spam into the air.

So, you'll pardon me if I "leave behind" someone that hasn't got a clue how to unzoom or fixates on a single target until he gets facerolled. I'll do better not getting facerolled next to him.

Got to love when people try to exert their "wit" in written format.(Only your friends will get it)

No, you don't leave the LRM boats behind, EVEN if you drop into a match with your condescending attitude.

If that's your assault, that's what you got to work with and try to get the team to work around it. He is STILL capable of doing more damage than the rest of the team, as long as he stays alive.

ps. Speaking of LRM Direwolves. Take a guess at who was that person who did the most damage.
Posted Image

If you ever come off your high horse, and stop treating PUG's as something less than human, many of you would find yourself doing better.

Posted Image

Edited by CN9 ACE PILOT, 24 August 2014 - 11:02 AM.

58 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 58 guests, 0 anonymous users