• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

A MechWarrior's story...
Chapter one

So, here he was in a situation he had been in a million times over. The court room, where he was hearing a death sentence. This time it was House Steiner who found him. He had been patrolling around Tharkad when he had an... incident… with the guards. Apparently the Northern Tundras were restricted and he had found a hole in the patrol sector. When the guards tried to ID him... well, let's just say they'll be cleaning up the scrap metal for a while. Now he was here, with two armed guards to make sure he didn't run away.

The judge—some poor sap named Peter, who was passed up as Archon—was reading about how he had committed an atrocious act of evil, how he had committed multiple instances of murder, etc. He knew what he did, and why he did it. It was his business. The final hearing by the jury, the sentence, and his last words would be broadcasted to Holovisions everywhere in the Inner Sphere. The execution would, of course, be private.

“Hat die Jury ein Urteil erreicht? (Has the jury reached a verdict?)”

“Ja Euer Ehren. Wir finden David Krigaren schuldig in allen Anklagepunkten. (Yes your honor. We find David Krigaren guilty of all charges.)”

The 'Ehren' switched to English for his sake. “Very good. Do you have any final words?”

David stepped forward to a microphone he was supposed to use. “Yes your honor.” He took a deep breath. “The Lyran Commonwealth has almost no guards stationed in the Romeo sector, heading 247,4--”

One of the guards knocked him out with the butt of his rifle and the broadcasts shut off.

He woke up with a pounding headache. He tried to look to his left but that side of his head stung. Clearly he was hit there. He opened his eyes. He was in a dimly lit medical room. He was alive, which meant his plan worked. A nurse came in and tended to his wound with alcohol of some sort and water. He did his best to act asleep. As the nurse was leaving another large man—probably from the military—walked in.

“I know you're awake.”

“Maybe I am. How can you tell?”

“I just know these things.” He heard a tone of amusement in the man's voice. “Listen. No one should know about the weakness in the Romeo sector. Apparently you do. How?"

“Why should I tell you?'

In the dim light he could see the man's smile. He never recalled opening his eyes. Probably the pain killers. “If you don't, I can just tell the doctor to bring you a sleeping dose. We can end you right now.”

This idiot guard was falling right into his ploy. “I know more than what I told you. For example, the Federated Suns are planning a small strike to the Echo sector. In about three hours the strike will commence.”

The guard was dumbfounded. After a solid minute and a half of silence he said, “How do I know I should trust you?”

The ploy was done. David had all the cards now. He grinned, saying, “I know much, much more critical information. I also know this information about every faction in this petty cloud of humanity.” His grin turned more dark and evil. “Wait three hours. When the strike happens, we'll talk again. I could be a useful asset to you. You can meet my terms, or my information—about everyone in the Inner Sphere—will die with me. Your choice.”

As the guard left, scratching his head, David decided he needed a nap. Satisfied that he lived through another execution, he slowly dozed off.

*TBC*

This story follows the fictional David K. (that I made up) through his adventures in BT.

Also, sorry about the crappy German. I didn't know a lot of the words I needed (judge, charges, guilty, jury)

Also also, I'll give a cookie to whoever can guess who the judge is (read through the part where the judge is talked about a few times... you might just figure it out).

Edited by DavidHurricane, 24 August 2014 - 02:36 PM.

#2 VVhiteVVolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:50 AM

Side notes:
The german is not as crappy as you think <_<

Judge = Richter
Charges = Anklagepunkte
Guilty = schuldig
Jury = Jurie or Geschworene

Just a bit fine tuning perhaps:
“Hat die Jury ein Urteil erreicht? (Has the jury reached a verdict?)”
>> "Sind die Geschworenen zu einem Urteil gekommen?"

“Ja Euer Ehren. Wir finden David Krigaren schuldig in allen Anklagepunkten. (Yes your honor. We find David Krigaren guilty of all charges.)”
>> "Ja Euer Ehren. Wir befinden David Krigaren schuldig in allen Anklagepunkten".

#3 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

A MechWarrior's story...
Chapter two

A loud bang woke him from his slumber. He saw the large guard—or whoever he was—storm into the room. “How did you know about that da—”

“I'll stop you there home slice.” Yeah, he was definitely on some morphine derivative. “I'm not telling you how I knew the Davions were gonna spank your troops. The point is that I knew.”

The guard stood there. He was clearly very frustrated that David knew more than even his intelligence did. “Do you know who I am?”

“Yes. Now, mister lieutenant general Alfred Blücher, what crap are you giving me in this IV? Everything looks foggy and purple.”

The guard shook his head. “It's a derivative of acetylsalicylic acid with additional acetyl groups for inhibition. You need strong pain killers because you got hit hard.” Blücher paused and sat down on the doctors chair. “Now. Do you want to cooperate with House Steiner, or do I have to torture the information out of you?”

David looked around and chuckled. “You're in no place to negotiate with me. I hold the information. Last person to try to interrogate me was some ComStar sap. I broke out using a Locust I stole from the poor guy.”

Blücher gave him a hard look. “How can I trust you?”

“Do you think that someone with knowledge like my own didn't know I'd need to give my ID to the guards?

The lieutenant general seemed stuck. “Alright. I give up. What do you want from the Lyran Commonwealth so badly as to put yourself through this trouble?”

“It's simple. I know that you're having problems. I know you need help. I'll write you up operations like you want. The catch is, I get to lead the operations in the Mech of my choice.”

“I know your record. You have a bad history of getting away from your captors. Why would I put you in a Mech of your choice?”

“Why would I let myself be captured if I didn't intend on staying for a while? If I wanted to harm you, why wouldn't I trick someone else into doing it?”

Blücher knew where his name came from. The Prussian general Gebhard von Blücher during the Napoleonic wars. He studied the old wars to learn what mistakes not to repeat. And he knew Napoleon's mistake was to trust the Saxons during Leipzig. But he knew this was the ultimate and one chance to advance his agenda using this man as a source of info. It was in the interest of both of them if David lived and worked for him.

“Very well. I'll assign you a unit.”

*TBC*

The story is almost set. Now I just need to figure out who to set my character up with. I have a few ideas.

I'll give a shout out to whoever guesses the ComStar worker David escaped from (he is on the moderating team on the forums.)

Edited by DavidHurricane, 26 August 2014 - 06:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users