Clan Center Torsos

3 replies to this topic

#1 El Cid

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

just thinking that if every variant of clan mechs center torsos had something different , since every other part of the mech can be swapped out, its the only thing to differentiate the Mechs , as it is now most of the mechs are the same build IE every Kitfox has the ECM or the 3 AMSs .but i did see that the warhawk B version has an lrm slot in center torso , thus anyone wanting a warhawk lrm boat will be using that mech and not just swapping out parts to make his Prime into a missle boat.

so what i suggest is 3 versions can be very different if "A" has a missle slot "B" has ballistic , "C" has lazer.

or something in this vein of thought to make the other variants useful and not just turning the prime into a "whatever mech" .

#2 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

More meaningful module differentiation is the way to go. Since variant ID is tied to CT, and module distribution is tied to variant ID, if PGI improved their new module system by further differentiating among module types and promulgating module slots with aggressive redistribution both among chassis types and variants/configurations, then it would almost instantly make the Prime different from the A different from the B different from the S etc.

#3 El Cid

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

Well you prove my point , just you would make them different using mod slots , a good idea in my Op.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

It's true. There are some Clan mechs with lasers, ballistics, etc. in the CT.
Timber Wolf and Dire Wolf are such examples.

The Stormcrow has a laser in one of the 3 heads.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users