A Story On My 50 Wins And A Question On A Bug/feature.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Mauadib

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

I was grinding away on my 50 wins last night and playing my Warhawk. My left torso got taken out but my left arm was still attached and the weapons on the left arm were still useable. As far as I was aware the arm is supposed to go bye bye when the torso does. Was it because I still had rear armor on the left toso?

Here is an image of what I am asking about.

Spoiler

Also on a slightly unrelated but related note. Here is a picture of my 50th win and a bit of a story on it.

Spoiler

It was really close at the end. The enemy team had about 6 guys alive to our 7 or 8 and they had a sizeable lead in the cap points. They were around 600 when we hit 400. 5 of their last guys were running in and around the middle valley and we were able to collapse on them and kill them leaving a light alive. We split up all over to each get a point and stopped the cap at 745. The last guy on the other team then went to cap one of our points and killed the guy that was on it but we were able to get to him and finish him off before he completed the cap thus winning with the points you see in the screenshot. It was a friggin nailbiter.

So I wanted to make sure I gave a properly loud GG to those in this pic. That was one of the greatest games I've had happen. Not from what I did but from the overall flow of it.

Spoiler

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

The foatign arm is a known bug and has been here for a long time

sometimes the torso actually still has sometiny fractional amount of hp left, but other times you lose the equipment from that side torso even fi the arm still works. Probably a packet loss of some sort (missed the packet saying your arm should fall off!) with no redudtant doublecheck being run for the arm to ask "should i fall off yes/no?"

#3 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

Do you remember if Betty had anything to say about the state of your Mech at that point? She should have said something. :blink:

#4 Mauadib

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 26 August 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

The foatign arm is a known bug and has been here for a long time

sometimes the torso actually still has sometiny fractional amount of hp left, but other times you lose the equipment from that side torso even fi the arm still works. Probably a packet loss of some sort (missed the packet saying your arm should fall off!) with no redudtant doublecheck being run for the arm to ask "should i fall off yes/no?"

Oh, thanks for explaining it. I died about 20 seconds after that pic after I rounded the corner and someone swept a laser across my torso taking out the other side. I just thought it was really weird that the game was saying my arm was still on. Your explanations make sense though.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users