• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostBlackPhoenix01, on 26 August 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

I have this exact issue.

Same -- tells me a unit by that name already exists.

#62 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

Echoing similar interests:

1) Being able to apply rank creation and editing abilties to others would be useful.

2) Being able to sort by alpha name or a definable Rank order even if sequential as per rank definitions for pilot membership.

3) Reduce blink notifications for pilot movements.

4) Confirmation notification boxes could be made chat system messages to reduce redundant key presses.

5) Though not accidently pressed. Can you move the Leave unit button further away from MOTD to reduce/remove potential accidents here.

6) Option to display ranks on forum as part of Member Tags?

#63 Deux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 474 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

Broken, ticket opened 2 days ago still waiting for support

#64 Zeece

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

Bugs
1. Membership Online/Offline same color
2. Can't Sort Members list
3. Only Guildmaster can Assign Ranks.

Enhancement Requests
1. List of Outstanding Invites
2. Update Member Already in another Unit so it indicates yours or someone elses
3. Allow us to Color Code Ranks to
4. Allow configuration of when Notification Flashes an alert.. I'd love to make so it doesn't flash everyone someone logs in or out.
5. Allow for the creation of other chat channels
6. Set a filter on Coffers to we can easily tell who and who hasn't contributed
7. Button push to removed anyone in friends list if they already exist in Unit.

#65 Ash Rose

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

When the patch went live I tried to create a unit, not knowing it was successfully reserved beforehand. It seemed to work at first, but when I went back to the screen later It seemed to think I was not in a unit, despite the fact that when my friends try to invite me to the unit they are in it says I am already in a unit. I seem to be in some phantom unit I can neither interact with or leave.

edit: This has been fixed, thank you.

Edited by axelsoar, 01 September 2014 - 12:34 AM.

#66 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

When I accepted my invitation to 228th IBR, I received a pop-up notification that my faction would be changed to "Merc Corps" (which was somewhat expected, if a bit disappointing ... while I will always be loyal to the 228th, I have a backstory for Kageru that includes a Kuritan history ... oh well, I guess that's what cockpit items are for).

This change is reflected here: https://mwomercs.com/profile but not here: http://mwomercs.com/...ageru-ikazuchi/

If this is intentional ... cool ... if not, I thought I should bring it to your attention.

#67 WoofieDog

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

I'm seeing a lot of "arms" just hanging in mid air when dissected from a mech,what causes this and will it be fixed in the future?

#68 The Gruntmaster 6000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPraying

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

Okay I read the latest post for unit creation and the update and everything...

PAY BARRIER!? That is a load of bullcrap. PGI you do not, I repeat, DO NOT make people pay for bloody support. Maybe if you would make the bloody creation system right it would be better here so we don't eventually spend a fortune on support issues (which are YOUR fault)-

Allow players to CHANGE THE BLOODY UNIT NAME!
Allow the unit to change faction via a unitary vote (like a poll for change)
Delete ALL information on a dissolved unit
And FIX ALL THE OTHER BLOODY ISSUES PEOPLE HAVE MENTIONED

You do this and you don't have to even do the crappy support... unless your plan is to leave this unit creation system faulty so as to make money off support by forcing it on us in which case you are on a sure plan to destruction.

#69 MagicM0E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostMerlin Ambrosius, on 27 August 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

Got some issues around Members showing up as UNDEFINED and cbill transactions without user names

Ticket Raised

Yeah, I got this too and was unable to 'remove' the pilot from the list. However it seems to have corrected itself after a few hours without any further intervention from me.

Sorry, I've been unable to replicate the error so can't shed any light on how it originally occurred.

Everything else is peachy, but please can we have a way of sorting out the members list via 'Ranks'. Pretty please? :)

Cheers

M0E

#70 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

Greetings all,

Same problem with our units Commander when he logged in.

- No Unit present, after receiving confirmation the Name and Tag were good.
- He received this same error message: "Unable to create unit. error occurred"

Unit: 57th Squadron
Tag: 57th
Creator: Zahadoom, also Unit Commander.

Having read Niko's message about support receiving tools to assist Unit Commander' next week, somewhat disheartening that one locations says 'all good to go' and the other states 'wait just a minute' something's not right.

- Is there something that we need 'in place first' for all to go as was expected?
- Do the links from the Unit Formation page relate to the function of the unit creation?
- Is this one of the issues of other same Unit Pilots attempting to form or start the same unit?

And yes, support ticket sent.

Update: After the move of the servers, and restart of the Live version our Commander was indeed able to set and start inviting it's members. Tag's are now present and appears to be functional.

Wishing for everyone concerns and Unit problems to be fixed at weeks start.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 30 August 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#71 Bad Karma 308

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

I entered my clan for the Pre-reg.

We had requested:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3659197

When I logged in this morning and went to “FACTION”, it doesn’t have my unit loaded.

When I attempted to go ahead and create the unit I get the message “Unable to create the Unit. An error occurred”

Support Ticket submitted and also created a PM to you NikolaI.

Any help with this would be most appreciated.
Very Respectively,

Bad Karma 308

Edited by Bad Karma 308, 27 August 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#72 Biggest Salami

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

View Postkundvagn, on 27 August 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

Please, pretty please allow us to turn off the blinking notification whenever someone joins or leaves the chat. It's doing my head in.

Similar problem, I'm getting really tired of my chat icon blinking just to show me the Message of the Day when I log in. I'm the one who set the message of the day, I don't need to see it every time :) Likewise, I can't imagine it's fun for any of the other members of a unit to always have their chat notif blinking when they log in just for the MOTD.

Nobody has actually said anything in the unit chat (I'm the only member of the unit at the moment) and it gets my hopes up, only to dash them :unsure:

#73 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:03 AM

You're not gonna be able to fit all of canon in as no touchy, complete hands-off.

Most of the 'canon' is mentioned once in an off-hand comment for a robot, or a battle, and never spoken of again. Using Sarna as your source for anything CBT is also very bad, because it's an infamously incomplete wiki.

Edited by Vassago Rain, 28 August 2014 - 02:04 AM.

#74 Alexander Carlile

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSetúbal

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:38 AM

i second the removal of the notification when someone of the unit loggs in or writes something, the icon is always flashing so we can't know when someone is asking you to a match.
Or atleast put in a disable feature option

Edited by Alexander Carlile, 28 August 2014 - 06:38 AM.

#75 IceWeasel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

Being able to sort Faction Members by Rank, Name, Off/on-line status, and Coffers donation (as rank permissions allows) In addition to a check box to hide offline members, and a way to send unit/game invites to offline members all seem to be features sorely lacking from this update.

Just my thoughts.

View PostBiggest Salami, on 27 August 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

Similar problem, I'm getting really tired of my chat icon blinking just to show me the Message of the Day when I log in. I'm the one who set the message of the day, I don't need to see it every time ;) Likewise, I can't imagine it's fun for any of the other members of a unit to always have their chat notif blinking when they log in just for the MOTD.

Nobody has actually said anything in the unit chat (I'm the only member of the unit at the moment) and it gets my hopes up, only to dash them :(

also... Why can't we scroll the "in game, or After action" chat window, yet. :(

#76 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

See post from previous patch feedback.

Ultimately, I had no issue whatsoever with the unit creation. I warned my unit to not try and create the unit to "reserve" it's place for me. Thankfully they didn't and listened to me lol. :(

Thanks, Devs, for setting up the unit for those who pre-registered! kudos guys! :D

I would like to see some modifications or improvements to the unit management... (if mentioned already, here's my 2cents)

- Adding everyone to the unit by invite was a huge pain in the ***, very tedious. Some option to allow check boxes to select multiple players would have been awesome and easy to invite people.

- It should be noted that players must click the "save button" when updating privileges to specific ranks within the unit.

- Unit player list does not show players according to rank as in Rank Management, this would be very helpful to adjust the ranks of players who have accepted the invitation to join later than others, and also allow managing newer players easier as they join later into the game.

- Message of the Day: I can use profanity without censorship? -_- THANKS DUDES! lol :(

- I would like to personally change my Rank Title to accordingly match what my actual rank is with the current unit size I command. General of the Army is cool! But I don't command a full sized regiment yet...

One issue I did however notice that after one person accepted their invitation to join the unit that I could not alter rank or remove player from the unit until after the following match we played. After that it was working fine once again.

Sorry to hear so many players had issues getting setup, or had players jump the gun to help our their Commander... but really, don't step on your boss' toes and do his job for him ;) just saying lol

#77 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

I would go a step further and let us close the unit chat box if we want. Really. I do not particularly care whether player 'X' has signed on, nor whether player 'Y' has left, and I certainly do not need the notification about it.

#78 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

Our founder's faction was kurita when he pre-registered our unit name hence my unit are now all Kuritans.
But since we're primarily a Merc outfit and he has attempted to make that change it doesn't quite reflect on our unit.
When will he be able to do so to reflect our current alignment/standing?
I ask on his behalf since he's on Vacation.

#79 Pancakeman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

Hey there!

First off, this is awesome! I love having a unit now- makes life so much easier. Just a few things to note, though not life threatening, would be great to see:

1- Will it be possible to have more than one leader? (Ie, we have 3 people running A.C.E.S. however only one person is allowed to be the faction leader ingame. Kind of an annoyance)

2nd- Is it possible to have people online sorted in a different color than those that are offline?

I think that's it for now! Keep up the good work and ignore all the haters.

#80 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 342 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

If you create a unit and disband it, the unit continues to exist and the unit name continues to be taken.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users