2 replies to this topic

#1 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

I must preface this thread by stating I'm not comp savy but am slowly learning. After recent windows update my hotkeys have been wiped and anytime I try to use alt, tab, control, ect I hear a tone or beep. The key actives but requires 3 more presses to active again, as in my alt key for TS push to talk will open comms but will not close when released and requires 3 more presses to close the comm channel and makes a beep with each press. Also when I changed hotkey to an unbound alphabet letter it will open the mic but will also scroll down TS list of players until it finds the first player with the letter of the key I pressed at the start of there name and again requires 3 more presses and makes a tone with each press to close mic. WTF!!! Using a wireless Logitech cheapo, is this the prob and I need to buy a proper keyboard? Thanks for any suggestions or help offered.

#2 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

firstly try fresh batteries in your kb

sounds like it might be sticky keys (windows feature not sticky to touch)

hold your left shift key for 5 to 10 seconds and see if you get a sticky key popup, turn off the feature if it does

alternatively check here "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center\Make the keyboard easier to use"
it sounds like you have the "lock modifier keys when double pressed" activated perhaps (in sticky key setup)

anyway have a poke around in there and see that fixes it

if that gives you no luck , dig out an corded usb keyboard
remove the adapter that gives you wireless keyboard and stick in the corded one
test, if problem persists its a windows setting, if not its your keyboard
if you borrowed the keyboard go to your nearest local pc/parts store that does custom builds
tell them you want a cheap corded keyboard, they will give you something for around $10
and it will be awesome

gl , let us know how you go

Edited by Naduk, 27 August 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#3 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

Thx Naduk, I think I've got it sorted, much gratitude and good hunting to you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users