9 replies to this topic

#1 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

Logitech G700S, brand new, recharged yada yada.

First tried it Solo in borderland 2, the mouse goes to sleep randomly while in the game. I lose control of the mouse, so i unplug it and plug it in another port, software installs again and ask for restart again, which i do. Problem solved i played about 30 min without a prob.

Load MWO and go for a spin in testing ground and its all fine, you see where this is going, i load a game and i play maybe 5 min then the mouse decide to go to sleep again, now when it does the controls are locked to where they are, i happen to be shooting mgs with my ember doing a pass on an nme with friendlies all around, so i keep going in circle spraying everyone. No biggy, chaingun not holding target dont even scratch the paint but this is clearly unplayable so i hop on the logitech forum and apparently its a fkn recurring problem. Now ive seen to "try this" "try that" but nothing confirmed, ill test more tonight obviously.

If anyone owns a logitech g700s maybe you had a similar problem and can help *bat eyelashes*

Edited by DAYLEET, 25 August 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#2 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

Just because it's new, does not mean it's going to work.

When it comes to computer/electrical equipment they have so many components there is a certain % of the items a company makes that will be faulty.

Edited by CN9 ACE PILOT, 25 August 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#3 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Except it's a recuring problem, many fixes exist on the forum, not going to be fun testing those and also those problem are similar but not in all technicalities identical so those fix might not work at all which is why i posted here first, maybe someone had this very problem and can more directly help.

#4 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 25 August 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Except it's a recuring problem, many fixes exist on the forum, not going to be fun testing those and also those problem are similar but not in all technicalities identical so those fix might not work at all which is why i posted here first, maybe someone had this very problem and can more directly help.

What i was trying to say is that there is likely to be a fried component, if you have your receipt, i would go exchange it as soon as possible instead of tinkering with it.

#5 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

Apparently it's a problem with the X58 chipset of intel, along with a bunch of other stuff with different fix.

I am going to try as many fix as possible before i return it.

#6 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:27 AM

Greetings ,

I own the same G700s mouse. (and an excellent mouse)
~ being able to change the dpi of the mouse 'on the fly' so great for MWO gameplay.
~ also have the G110 LED keyboard.

- I have found that to keep everything working as I have it programmed, I need to actually 'run' the Logitech Gaming software 8.53 before I start any games.
~ this just brings up the gaming software window so I can check the mouse and keyboard, any setting's I may need to change, or the polling rate.

- I confirm that the profile I have set up for MWO is the one active, normally #1 (led shows that anyways)
- Then I just close it to the task bar and leave it running.
(there is no - to drop down and the x correctly places it in the bar.)
If the software is running I never have any issues or problems.

Now I run the software setting's of,
- Profiles held 'on mouse' not computer
- 'power mode' = Max gaming
- 'report rate' = 1000
- and I have the mouse plugged in when I'm gaming, it's wireless anyways but I don't mind the cord in while gaming.
I also use the back side thumb buttons for Teamspeak 'talk', very handy!

The keyboard has 12 'G' keys that can be programmed to whatever and I have some text macros for 'greetings' at match start/end. If the gaming software is not running the 'G' keys don't work.

(I think the game may be polling the computer for mouse imputes and it may 'lose' the USB connection? I have also set the Bios to also enable legacy USB devices. There are also settings within the Bios that 'turns off' some items to save power, make sure these are set to max performance or 'disabled')
- You didn't state whether you operated a laptop or PC?
- Check the actual USB plugin's your using for the mouse, not all the USB plugs into the computer are the same. (but the software running should solve this issue)

Again, run the software in the background, and you will never have any issues. It's set to start with windows but that is not the actual gaming software.

Sidenote here:
I originally had the G700 version of this mouse but the side button broke, (push to talk setup for Ts), contacted Logitech, very helpful support person, took pictures of broken part, my receipt, sent them the pictures, and a brand new G700s arrived at my door by UPS 3 days later. (they didn't even need or want to old item back)
That's service!

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 26 August 2014 - 04:50 AM.

#7 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

im on pc.
I had the software window opened, thats how i came to know the mouse was put into sleep mode.

I did put Max Gaming in the option and i actually hope this does not fix the problem because it would make no sense while i am gaming. I switch usb ports to another unused again and played Borderland2 in coop all night yesterday without any problem. Today ill try mwo again, though it only occurred in multiplayer and never in training ground and that has me scared it maybe be a loss of power my 650wPSU might not be enough anymore though thats just me speculating and not seen anything related to power consumption anywhere.

#8 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

Greetings,

Ok, lets start with the basics for the USB ports first.

Look in your control panel under device manager,

- from the Device manager
- click on the USB controllers (probably the last items down)
- check the Generic USB Hub items and USB root hub
- Under properties look at the tab power management
- Insure that the check box is 'unchecked' for 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

That's just to ensure that for some strange reason the Pc wants to turn off some devices.

You can also go to the control panel, system, Performance Info and Tools, adjust power settings,
- and make sure your on 'High Performance'
You can further check the USB settings from here by selecting 'change plan settings', then 'change advanced power settings'.
- a window will pop up with all the items within the High performance (active) settings
- look down the list and open the USB settings, USB selective suspend settings,
- set this to 'disabled'
(This tells the Pc to stop polling the usb devices to see if they are idle to place them in sleep mode)

See what this does for your sleepy mouse.

As a note Logitech has new drivers available if you haven't updated in a while.
- setpoint is version: 6.65

9erRed

#9 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for helping. I played a lot of MWO tonight without having the problem reoccur. Tomorrow ill disable the Max Gaming setting to see if it comes back. Because the setting only make sure the mouse stays on a long time after the mouse has stop moving and when im in a game it shouldnt be the case obviously.
Those last usb tweak are the kind of fix people were suggesting in the logitech forum and i already tried them. My software is up to date also, it's the LGS Logitech Gaming software.

#10 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

OK so it WAS the psu, my vid card alone needed a 750w and i was using a 650w. Upgraded to a 1000w and i went back to the old usb behind and no problem, i switch max gaming setting to normal gaming and problem still gone. Mouse is fine and im happy to own one now =)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users