#41 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

I'd like to offer to help work with them if they're anywhere near my time zone (I play around 10pm-12pm CST but can be on earlier... most days on the weekends.

#42 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 29 August 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

-snip-
The Matchmaker explicitly stated, allows 2 mans to be in both solo queue, and group queue.

Source please? I recently asked Karl Berg about this and he confirmed that the solo queue is exclusively solo i.e. no groups at all

#43 Chadamir Fitzkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostENS Puskin, on 30 August 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

This is possible but unfortunately only in private match.

Which you have to pay money to get premium time to make use of it. It's a god awful system made by god awful devs.

#44 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

View PostChadamir Fitzkrieg, on 31 August 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Which you have to pay money to get premium time to make use of it. It's a god awful system made by god awful devs.

I know that is why is said unfortunately.

#45 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 31 August 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

Source please? I recently asked Karl Berg about this and he confirmed that the solo queue is exclusively solo i.e. no groups at all

I'll have to dig around, but if what you are saying is true, then dropping solo and going through THAT hell is the only way for these guys to learn parts of the game, without being massacred by big groups.

EDIT: It could be that my information is out-dated, because when the 5+ groups first came out, they allowed groups of 2 to be in the solo queue, and the group queue.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 31 August 2014 - 04:33 PM.

#46 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 31 August 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

I'll have to dig around, but if what you are saying is true, then dropping solo and going through THAT hell is the only way for these guys to learn parts of the game, without being massacred by big groups.

EDIT: It could be that my information is out-dated, because when the 5+ groups first came out, they allowed groups of 2 to be in the solo queue, and the group queue.

They said that 2-4 groups would go either way depending on need, but a couple weeks later Russ said that wasn't what was actually happening, that all groups were going to group queue.

#47 Nkaill

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:11 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 30 August 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

I will like this every time you post it, but continue to note that solos should be able to opt-in everywhere. It would make group queue work better and provide a better solo experience for capable players.
There is no need for a SOLO OPT IN, just reduce the minimum group size from 2 down to 1 :rolleyes:

In addition they should make smaller teams of 8 ( or 8 v 5 for balancing clan mechs ) in addition to the 12 ( or 12 v 10 for clan against IS ) player teams.

IF there are enough players within a minute to fill a 24 players SOLO game, then these should launch with one of the bigger maps.
IF there are less than 24 players in the solo queue with someone waiting for more than one minute, 16 of them should launch into a SOLO game on a small map like RIVER CITY, FROZEN CITY or FOREST COLONY !

Groups of 8+ should be matched with smaller groups and launched at one of the bigger maps with 24 players.
Groups of LESS THAN EIGHT, which cant be used to fill a 8+ game up to 24 players, should be launched in a 16 players GROUP game on a small map like the 16 players SOLO game.

This would not only increase the satisfaction of the players, it would also help to use the resources of the servers better.
IF there are many players generating a high load on the servers, then only 24 players games should be launched.

Edited by Robin WARD, 01 September 2014 - 01:12 AM.

#48 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:48 AM

Again. there needs to be a third queue of solo and groups of 2-4 like we used to have. The problem is that much of the player base it's now becoming clear to me will abandon the solo queue AND the group queue which are inherently toxic due to elo imbalance or rambo-itis... hence the names Derptown and Stomptown.

#49 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:14 AM

View PostRobin WARD, on 01 September 2014 - 01:11 AM, said:

There is no need for a SOLO OPT IN, just reduce the minimum group size from 2 down to 1 :rolleyes:

In addition they should make smaller teams of 8 ( or 8 v 5 for balancing clan mechs ) in addition to the 12 ( or 12 v 10 for clan against IS ) player teams.

IF there are enough players within a minute to fill a 24 players SOLO game, then these should launch with one of the bigger maps.
IF there are less than 24 players in the solo queue with someone waiting for more than one minute, 16 of them should launch into a SOLO game on a small map like RIVER CITY, FROZEN CITY or FOREST COLONY !

Groups of 8+ should be matched with smaller groups and launched at one of the bigger maps with 24 players.
Groups of LESS THAN EIGHT, which cant be used to fill a 8+ game up to 24 players, should be launched in a 16 players GROUP game on a small map like the 16 players SOLO game.

This would not only increase the satisfaction of the players, it would also help to use the resources of the servers better.
IF there are many players generating a high load on the servers, then only 24 players games should be launched.

I would like an idea like that, if it wasn't for two glaring issues:

1-Maps shouldn't be assigned based on group size. The dynamics of small teams on large maps, or large teams on small maps can be a lot of fun, and offer a great flavor.

2- Clans are seemingly going to be "balanced" for 12 v 12. Meaning there will never be 10 v 12 from the looks of it.

#50 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:25 AM

Groups of 2 should have the chance of going group or public/solo matches. Only need a single group of 2 on each team in public or an equal number on both sides. A commando unit would do wonders to add some variety to the LRM/poptart meta that is going on.

It's when the cohesion gets larger than 2 people that problems start to really arise.
A single good player can handle 2 coordinated players. But a third is asking too much.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 01 September 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

2- Clans are seemingly going to be "balanced" for 12 v 12. Meaning there will never be 10 v 12 from the looks of it.

This depresses me.

If for no other reason than Clans are already push overs and easy to defeat, now their weapons are becoming progressively useless, the Nova, Summoner and Timber Wolf both have speed nerfs (81 instead of 86 to start), and finally if they aren't in Stars, they aren't Clans.

Without a Star you can't do a proper Clan formation. Without proper formations... it's just random call of duty matches. :(

(A star [Clan] is 5 mechs in one group.)
(A lance [Inner Sphere] is 4 mechs in one group.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users