13 replies to this topic

#1 HighlandCoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 772 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

Should I download and play this again? Are there any new features besides masses of Hero mechs?

(Sorry for being lazy - as a father I only get a couple hours a week to play and they are not to be squandered!)

Thanks for reading.

H.

#2 Adiuvo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

Clans are out, unit creation is in. That's about it so far. New map within the month, and CW proper by winter.

Lots of balance changes as well, most notably to jump jets and PPCs.

Edited by Adiuvo, 02 September 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#3 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

The people who are still active on the forum are either people who still play the game, or people who are so bitter and hateful that they've stuck around just to talk crap about it. So you're either talking to people who really love the game or people who hate it, for the most part.

One group will tell you to download and play it, and the other will tell you to forget it ever existed.

But no, there are not many new features. Some minor changes, one or two new maps. It's mostly the same game as it's been since Beta.

#4 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 02 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

New map within the month, .

They gave us a release date for mech factory?

#5 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostSandpit, on 02 September 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

Yes.

Soon.

#6 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

Go watch some people playing on Twitch if you want to make an informed decision. They have a couple of clan mechs out for cbills if you want to try out the new clan tech.

#7 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 September 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

Yes.

Soon™.

FTFY, :D

#8 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostSandpit, on 02 September 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

Nope, just a guess based on the public test. It at least seemed pretty close to done there.

#9 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

I've been here since second wave of closed beta invites.

I took a 3 month hiatus at the beginning of the year. And I've been back in full force ever since.

OP, the game is... ok, it's not in a sweet spot yet, but I've been seeing a lot more mixed loadouts than I have in a while... sure you still get the PPC/AC/Gauss meta hounds, but it's eased off a lot due to JJ nerfs and hard hitting nerfs to curtail the prevelance of Victors and Highlanders and the like for a while.

There have been some stupid decisions made over time, and some ok ones. Clans are out now, as has been said earlier... many feel they are op, others feel they're not... it's preference. I can do ok against clan mechs in my IS mechs, just takes a bit more work. [it's sure as hell not easy mode.]

Unit Creation [Clan Tags] is in the game, as well as a map of the Inner Sphere... but not much else really... few new mechs, no new modes, no new maps [though we do have the mech factory map on slate to get in eventually.]

If you're looking for a mech slugfest that feels weighty, MWO's still the best game in town.

#10 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 September 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

Yes.

Soon.

You've forgotten the most important part Joseph!

You can do this by holding ALT and entering 0153 on the Num pad.

Soon™

#11 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 02 September 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

The people who are still active on the forum are either people who still play the game, or people who are so bitter and hateful that they've stuck around just to talk crap about it. So you're either talking to people who really love the game or people who hate it, for the most part.

One group will tell you to download and play it, and the other will tell you to forget it ever existed.

But no, there are not many new features. Some minor changes, one or two new maps. It's mostly the same game as it's been since Beta.

I actually have a love-hate relationship going on.

I usually have a pretty good time playing the game but PGI manages to enrage and piss me off usually at least once a month to the point I want to start screaming at them.

JJ nerf for example, has me sitting on a Heavy Metal and Dragon Slayer, (that I purchased specifically for their excellent jump capability) doing nothing but pissing me off every time I look at them in their bays. Almost 13,000 MC worth of crap I don't want to even play anymore due to a nerf no one asked for or felt was needed except some yoyo at PGI.

Worse the bad decisions just keep coming and coming with very little improvment.

However, like I said, I generally enjoy playing the game so for some odd reason keep giving this crappy arse developer my money I guess in hopes they will finally get their heads out of their rear and realize they could still have a masterpiece of a game IF they start actually treating development of this game as such.

Note: If the proposed heat increases go in for clan weapons, I have a very strong feeling, I will be taking an extended break from the game again. Eventually if they keep this up, these breaks I keep taking may very well become permanent.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 02 September 2014 - 10:38 AM.

#12 Reverendk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 131 posts
  • LocationLike and subscribe to see videos similar to this one.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:36 AM

View PostHighlandCoo, on 02 September 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Should I download and play this again? Are there any new features besides masses of Hero mechs?

(Sorry for being lazy - as a father I only get a couple hours a week to play and they are not to be squandered!)

Thanks for reading.

H.

No man can tell you how to live your life, but let me posit this to you: the game is totally free, you already have an account, and there have been a few tweaks and newly free mechs to slot floppies in.

View PostHighlandCoo, on 02 September 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

as a father I only get a couple hours a week to play and they are not to be squandered!)

Loyal fans know it's not in my nature to engage in shameless self promotion, but I suggest you invest some time in finding a family friendly gaming clan Clan full of people that avoid profanity while understanding that high elo play is a lifestyle, but keeping the proto-scrubs from killing themselves with electrical sockets come first.

Cheers
Rtt(dot)K
TPTG
High Elo Low Drag Collective Gaming Group for the Family Friendly playing of High Intensity Team Competitive E-Games No profanity gaming clan Native Tongues fan club Low Emissivity Enthusiasts Woodworking podcasting Anti-jump up Clan

#13 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:46 AM

Give the game a try again. PGI did add a few new maps and a new U.I. to the game. Plus there is of course the clan mechs too.

You might like how he game has progressed. I think development has been pretty stagnant, but then again, I have been here the whole time. To a player coming back, there might feel like there is more here for you.

#14 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:54 AM

I'd say check back in January and see what's new then. EXCEPT the next few weekends, where you might be able to pick up free mechbays. You might want those.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users