The Map Of The Inner Sphere?

30 replies to this topic

#21 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:53 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 27 August 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

I was tring to find Solaris and Outreach a couple times. No luck yet. Even asked around about it, but was ignored :(

outreach is south of terra...

edit: ups...you already know ;)

Edited by Alex Warden, 28 August 2014 - 03:57 AM.

#22 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:58 AM

Hopefully the Clans will launch from their fleet and have to fight their way onto the map. Only way.

#23 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:38 AM

I am stoked to see the map, but it's inaccuracy makes me sad.... ;)

This is how it's supposed to look...
Posted Image

#24 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:34 AM

Yeah, I'm wondering where St. Ives went and why so many worlds Hanse gave to Melissa are yellow instead of blue.

Then again, I don't get why I can't select Federated Commonwealth as my faction, since the militaries were integrated into the Armed Forces Federated Commonwealth (AFFC) at this period in history.

#25 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 28 August 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

Yeah, I'm wondering where St. Ives went and why so many worlds Hanse gave to Melissa are yellow instead of blue.

Then again, I don't get why I can't select Federated Commonwealth as my faction, since the militaries were integrated into the Armed Forces Federated Commonwealth (AFFC) at this period in history.

The militaries are integrated, but the Federated Commonwealth wasn't official until the death of Melissa and the ascention of Victor to the thrones of both realms.

3041: Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth created
3055: Melissa Steiner-Davion assassinated
3056: Archon-Prince Victor Steiner-Davion takes command of Federated Commonwealth, Federated Commonwealth officially created, Ryan Steiner assassinated

On 12 April 3030, Melissia gave birth to Victor Steiner-Davion, the future ruler of the Federated Commonwealth. While practically born in the aftermath of the Fourth Succession War, the Federated Commonwealth would only technically come into existence once Hanse and Melissa stepped down and allowed their son to assume his rightful position. Efforts were increased to further unify the two States politically and militarily in expectation of his ascension. Both the AFFS and LCAF increased work on combining their command structure, ranking system and battle doctrines into a single unified organization.

#26 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

Now all the DCMS need are some rare mech chassis that ComStar supplied them with for the war of 3039. ;)

#27 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:59 AM

View PostJohn1352, on 28 August 2014 - 03:24 AM, said:

All/most of the planets on this map are populated worlds right? Meaning that they will either be river city, crimson strait, forest colony, alpine peaks or canyon network (with factory and jungle later).

The rest of the maps are either too hot, too cold, or have no atmosphere and are uninhabitable be humans (alpine is in the mountains, so sea level would be warmer, if the planet has it). Will PGI need to make up more worlds to use the super hot/cold maps for?

Come to think of it, why is there a city on the "frozen city" planet? Terraforming accident?

They may use certain maps for certain planets, but I'm expecting that the combat map actually used in any of the fights could be random.

#28 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:05 AM

View Postvash021, on 28 August 2014 - 02:55 AM, said:

So as of now what is the purpose of the map and faction?

This is the first step in Community Warfare. You will be able to ship out to the planets under attack, or particpate in an attack on the other nations and fight on their worlds.

As I understand it only some of the border regions between factions will have planets that can be conquered. Most of the map will be off limits, and essentially gives the losing faction a solid, impenetrateable region to launch counter attacks from.

Even still, the star map used in Mechwarrior (BattleTech) is quite large.

#29 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:16 AM

surely when they were making this thing they would of made a search function somewhere....

#30 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:46 AM

View PostKOMMISSAR KITTY, on 28 August 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

Now all the DCMS need are some rare mech chassis that ComStar supplied them with for the war of 3039. ;)

Most with 3025 tech only! :rolleyes:

#31 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:24 AM

Love these conversations about house maps Future Clan Conquest, Truce lines , Royalty heirs. It's like........

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users