#21 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostToffa, on 27 August 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

(as well as me streaming the MechWarrior 2 soundtrack on YouTube..

Assuming it's not stealing, you can save that music and just play it locally. Snipmp3.com is a safe site, if a bit buggy at times.

FTR, this is not OK if you don't own the music, or it's not in the public domain etc.

#22 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

View PostDeathlyEyes, on 28 August 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

Against a good player its borderline pointless. They will still return fire while you are simply spreading damage out even more than necessary. You are also preventing yourself from shielding. I always fire as much as I can at once so I can turn my mech away to shield damage parts. If I am chaining I have to stare at a target and it gets more time to line up shots on damaged parts.

You can rapid fire them with a double click, and basically they fire almost at the same time, giving you the time to twist if you need to.Give it a try.. Not to mention there are tons of directions to be firing that aren't head on Or targets are engaged with others.. Or you are directly behind ect..Especially if you are fighting in mediums, or lights, You rarely wan't to try to trade blows with at least half the mechs in the match.

as for spreading out damage, often it is the opposite, Say you are on a side profile, You fire the alpha and they spread out wider, so missiles can miss the mech, while if you chain 2 groups of 6, nearly all can hit an arm for example.

I also find it helps my aim, You fire an alpha and just miss you did no damage, You are firing single volleys, you can adjust for your next attack.

that said, I have also added another group to my SRM mechs, group 6 for Group fire, and mapped it to my F key.. works like a charm, i have even found my kill rate/damage has gone up, because instead of just dropping alpha's When i combine it with Laser attacks, often the lasers will bust open a hole and then the missiles will take out the component. By chaining them i can often have at least one set to go for shots of opportunity.. Since i started doing this my both my kill rate and damage have gone up on the mech i have been using.

I really think there is room for both, as each has it's uses.

#23 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

nay fire the alpha and get out of line of sight, unless it's a 1v1 and your enemy is in the open and your purposely trying to negatively effect his aim

Edited by E N E R G Y, 31 August 2014 - 04:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users