Remove Rejoin Code

12 replies to this topic

#1 Peenutts

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

Everyone knows this problem with being lagged and desync started with that patch. It is STILL happening. 1st two games the day and both times had to drop. Delete that code or start trying something to see if that helps. Something needs attention and it needs it right now.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

#2 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

IS ERLL nerfs are more important right now dude give it a couple months until all the weapons are rebalanced.

#3 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

It's the only way I can reliably continue a match once everyone starts running in place. If I wait for the issue to resolve itself, bad things happen to my mech in my apparent absence.

#4 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

View PostBilbo, on 02 September 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

It's the only way I can reliably continue a match once everyone starts running in place. If I wait for the issue to resolve itself, bad things happen to my mech in my apparent absence.

Yeah but they probably wouldn't run in place if the faulty rejoin code wasn't causing this problem in the first place.

#5 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

View PostRat of the Legion Vega, on 02 September 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

Yeah but they probably wouldn't run in place if the faulty rejoin code wasn't causing this problem in the first place.

One would hope that they would have at least eliminated that as a possibility already. One's hope has been dashed before though.

#6 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

Just in case you guys hadn't seen it yet.. Russ did make an update earlier today:

http://mwomercs.com/...12#entry3685512

Looks like they're still trying to narrow down the cause.

#7 Xeraphale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:55 PM

Rejoin would be a nice thing to have if when you returned you weren't already 75% dead (if you're lucky). This game is so unforgiving to anyone who disconnects that it isn't worth it in the first place.

#8 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

It wouldn't surprise me that the rejoin code is the cause.

As was pointed out, most of the desyncs didn't start to occur til after that was added in a patch.

As for rejoin itself, I can't say it's as "all that" like I'd hoped it would be. Most times I desync or crash and have to rejoin it's too late. by the time i get back my mech is usually in a bad position and has been destroyed anyhow.

#9 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

I know the cause, its a two bit data centre upgrade, that's what it is.

#10 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:09 PM

At this stage, I am pretty sure they have ruled out the rejoin code. Russ did say they are having issues with duplication, not knowing the steps. Truth be told, I have experienced this as well and I have no idea any indicators it's about to happen or is happening other than the telltale mechs running in place and lag spikes. My ping stays stable at ~100 and I am constantly over 100 FPS before, during, and after the event.

Russ, get your whole team in-game and run Wireshark. :) When intermittent and unduplicable hook up, the end result is all hands on deck. That's how we do it in my team.

#11 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostMal, on 02 September 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

Just in case you guys hadn't seen it yet.. Russ did make an update earlier today:

http://mwomercs.com/...12#entry3685512

Looks like they're still trying to narrow down the cause.

Maybe Russ should talk to the OP...apparently he knows exactly what's causing it.....

#12 EyeOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

I've seen people rejoin plenty of times and not cause a desync. I've also experienced desyncs with no rejoins.

#13 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

I started to suspect that it had something to do with packet size, and started doing some experiments... I actually was able to seemingly cause the desync to happen, but it didn't happen every time... so I still can't consistently reproduce it. It seemed like I could cause it to happen more frequently, but it's possible that it was simply cooincidence, and I can't hammer it down yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users